Home Ready Room
Options

BeGold Help: Assimilated Torres, Shinzon or E. E. Picard?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Ready Room
Thoughts?

10lld53f6v8z.png
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use that Torres in Gauntlet on occasion, but not nearly as much as I use Duelist Torres. Don't have Shinzon, but have that Picard on one of my alt accounts and don't use him a lot. Used to see him in Gauntlet every so often, but there are a lot of good DIP proficiency crew who are stronger.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torres would likely get the most day to day use. Picard would be mostly for events (but it's Picard, so you know there will be some). Shinzon... just looks cool, but would probably do nothing for you.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going with Picard. He's higher on the Top 100 lists for both Voyages and Gauntlet combined than both Shinzon and Assimilated Torres. Plus, he seems to have a nice collection of traits.

I did restart the app a couple of times just to hear the Guardian say, "Behold," though ;)
  • Options
    Marko RamiusMarko Ramius ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    For the future, although Picard is a solid pick, if I'm stuck, I'll usually go with the choice that has the engineering trait. I find Assimilated Torres extremely useful in all parts of the game. I do have her at 4 stars, but even at 1, she's pretty useful.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like her Engineering, I just didn’t like that she’s a two skill Legendary. My main focus these days seems to be inching my Voyage length up, so three skills tends to stand out more for me.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I agree with Marko here ... CMD/DIP/SEC crew are a dime a dozen and there are only so many you can fit on a voyage (he'll never be of use for shuttles) ... now if one of the three skills was something different (e.g. SCI) I'd consider him as you can then slot Picard there (like I sometimes do with Mirror Picard).
    Also ... Torres has plenty of events to her name, Picard's numbers are skewed because of Mirror Picard, where only he gets bonus and not his alts.

With starbase bonuses, Torres will have 800+ base ENG ... to me this is important, as it would make it a lot easier to freeze an immortal 4* with ENG (e.g. Niners Rom or Human Q) and free up crew space without really dropping in overal quality. At 1/5 FE she'd also be my best "combined" ENG.

Yes to 3 skill ... but when they are bland (as is the case here) I'd go for the high quality 2 skill crew.
  • Options
    Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    I would say Torres will be the most useful here Picard while handy has the dime a dozen CMD/SEC/DIP lineup and it outshined by others Shinzon is arguably the worst 5* in the game so don't even pick him up he is not worth it at all