Home Ready Room

Where to spend honour

At the moment I'm sitting on 57k honour and have quite a few options for spending it. I could:

a) Save it for Kahless (I already have 2* Gowron at level 100, who is fairly similar to Kahless)
b) Buy the 5th star for T'Kuvma at the end of the mega event
c) Buy some 4* citations to finish off some super rare crew. My SCI and ENG are weak spots, and could use some buffing up. I should probably focus on levelling up First Officer Saru as he would become my new #1 SCI (currently 5* Jadzia)
d) Buy a 5* behold to add to my 5* options or get another star for someone I already own

My current 4* and 5* star crew who are relevant to this discussion are:

Immortalised
5* Borg Queen, Kortar

4* Platonian Kirk, Bridge Officer Troi, Kilana, Proton Paris, Edith Keeler, Drone Seven, Mirror Phlox, Icheb, Tuskegee Mayweather, Tuvix, Combat Medic Paris, Ba'ku Worf, Dahar Master Kor, Holonovel Doctor, Advocate Kolos, Augment Riker, Stranded Odo, Ambassador Sarek, Ambassador Spock

Fully fused, being levelled up
4* Marla McGivers, Lt Arex, Captain Sulu, Princess Jadzia, Robin Hood, Mirror Archer, First Officer Saru, Martia

Could use citations, current number of stars in brackets
5* Lt Cmd Jadzia Dax (2*), Locutus (2*), Admiral Janeway (1*), Dr Chaotica (1*), Gowron (2*), Jazz Musician Odo (2*), T'Kuvma (currently 2*), Dark Ages McCoy (1*), Commander Troi (1*), Mirror T'Pol (1*)

4* Duras Sisters (2*), Commander T'Pol (3*), Kal-if-fee Spock (3*), Grand Proxy Neelix (3*), Galen (3*), General Martok (3*), Prisoner O'Brien (3*), Civil War Worf (3*), Commander Barak (3*), Formal Dress Wesley (3*), T'Mir (3*), Liaison Torres (3*), Reinforcements Stamets (3*)

Apart from maxing out Saru, are there any other obvious things I should do asap? Suggestions on where to spend my honour? Maxing out another 5* would be nice, but I'm not convinced T'Kuvma is worth the investment.

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    a) Save it for Kahless (I already have 2* Gowron at level 100, who is fairly similar to Kahless)
    I have both Gowron and Kahless and found them to be quite complimentary. Gowron is a DIP beast, Kahless CMD, I like them both and honour spent on him was a good buy imho.
    b) Buy the 5th star for T'Kuvma at the end of the mega event
    I would avoid blue pappa smurf, his stats are not that great when maxed and his artwork is terrible
    c) Buy some 4* citations to finish off some super rare crew. My SCI and ENG are weak spots, and could use some buffing up. I should probably focus on levelling up First Officer Saru as he would become my new #1 SCI (currently 5* Jadzia)
    I would avoid this, as 4* crew are 10 times more likely to drop, i would hate for you to have a behold for a SR crew that you already spent honour on citating. Unless you are pushed for space and need to vault someone I would avoid this option
    d) Buy a 5* behold to add to my 5* options or get another star for someone I already own
    I would avoid this as you are highly likely to get another 1/5* clogginh up your roster.
    Apart from maxing out Saru, are there any other obvious things I should do asap? Suggestions on where to spend my honour? Maxing out another 5* would be nice, but I'm not convinced T'Kuvma is worth the investment.

Slighlty curveball but another suggestion would be to get a citation for Cmd. Jadzia Dax. At 3/5* I think she out Science's Saru, and is a good addition to have for voyages. You can always add stars to her later and she just gets better. Plus, shes Dax.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • First grab Kahless.

Next? You mentioned science, so I concur with ^ and would upgrade Dax. She's really good at voyages; having uncommon skills and a great sum of base+roll.

Upgrading your future Kahless isn't bad for Voyages either. Surprising to me: the gauntlet-only crew (with 3 skills of course) are actually pretty good for voyages, so they can be considered for upgrades. Although you wouldn't be helping shuttles that way. Stamets has a higher base science than Saru if you want to upgrade a 4* for that purpose. Discovery crew shouldn't go into the general 4* population so they are good candidates for citations (if you want them now).