Home Make It So!

Quark’s Bar Auction, any thoughts?

f0a80b05chnn.jpg
Myself & others think it be cool if there was an auction type section set up in fleet so members can post or bid on unwanted duplicate crew or spare items for credits or whatever currency the seller requests. Or a trade off section with same parameters.
Maybe make it Universal instead of just limited within individual fleets.
Could even do it in the style of Quark's bar with Quark running it, could go hand in hand with the Dabo Wheel.
- Joined game 6th March 2016
- Capt Level 99
- VIP Level 13
- Fleet Admiral [New Black Vipers]
- Starbase Level 134
- Starbase Rooms Completed 15/15
- Crew Slots 295
- Immortalized Crew 639
- Total Crew collected 882/1179
- Crew collections maxed out 7/45
- Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
- Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
- Factions Honored 15/15
- Achievements completed 15/16
- Ships maxed out 53/78

Comments

• IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
  • Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »

Just moving the idea to an area with better traction. The Bridge is where greater discussion takes place. 😜
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see a lot of Dancing Uhura on sale this coming weekend...
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    edited June 2018
    Yateball wrote: »
    While I agree the Bridge gets more views, this thread will still be moved by an admin back to Make It So where it belongs

I’ve seen countless ideas posted in the Bridge & left alone to gain traction.
    You said it yourself, the Bridge gets more views & more are likely to discuss the idea.
    Seems all anyone wants to do is nit pick on where threads should be rather than engage.
    The Bridge is for
    ‘General Discussion about STT’ is it not.
    Why feel the need I silence the little guy 🤐
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    While I agree the Bridge gets more views, this thread will still be moved by an admin back to Make It So where it belongs

I’ve seen countless ideas posted in the Bridge & left alone to gain traction.
    You said it yourself, the Bridge gets more views & more are likely to discuss the idea.
    Seems all anyone wants to do is nit pick on where threads should be or if reliant or not. Chill out man!

While I agree people here get nit picky, you also have to take into consideration that the forum is set up a certain way for a reason

Banjo1012 wrote: »
    While I agree people here get nit picky, you also have to take into consideration that the forum is set up a certain way for a reason

Yeah fair enough, the idea has been posted in ‘Make it So’ for the DB team to see.

Now for general discussion purposes I have opted to post it in ‘The Bridge’ for a wider perspective base.

I’d much rather discussed people’s thoughs on the thread & not where the tread should be posted. 🙄
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78

Yeah fair enough, the idea has been posted in ‘Make it So’ for the DB team to see.

Now for general discussion purposes I have opted to post it in ‘The Bridge’ for a wider perspective base.

I’d much rather discussed people’s thoughs on the thread & not where the tread should be posted. 🙄

Then I will do so. I think it’s a cool idea and would certainly welcome it as a way to grab those pesky few crewthat elude us. (We each have our crew we seek but somehow don’t manage to get). Perhaps it can work like the replicator. If I stuff enough credits, merits, dilithium, trainers, shuttle boosts, ship schematics, etc. into it I can get to 100% and obtain that crew member. Check back every few hours, say 4 hours someone new goes on the block. Yes, I like the idea and think it would be a fun addition that would add a cool new aspect to things, just don’t limit it to fleets cuz then I would not be able to use it.

Then I will do so. I think it’s a cool idea and would certainly welcome it as a way to grab those pesky few crewthat elude us. (We each have our crew we seek but somehow don’t manage to get). Perhaps it can work like the replicator. If I stuff enough credits, merits, dilithium, trainers, shuttle boosts, ship schematics, etc. into it I can get to 100% and obtain that crew member. Check back every few hours, say 4 hours someone new goes on the block. Yes, I like the idea and think it would be a fun addition that would add a cool new aspect to things, just don’t limit it to fleets cuz then I would not be able to use it

Thanks for your kind words & great feedback, it’s much appreciated 🖖🏼
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, but probably unlikely to happen as DB love us spending money in search of the rare, hard to get cards.

Better still make us spend money then go 'suckers' as the gamble fails and we don't get what we want.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have something like this but it's so easy to abuse and I think would be detrimental to game health. One of the possible situations thrown around that is really scary is that high spenders will create duplicate accounts to rank highly in events and grab a large percentage of the event rewards only to turn around and sell them to others at a premium that makes DB prices look cheap.
    edited June 2018
    Then I will do so. I think it’s a cool idea and would certainly welcome it as a way to grab those pesky few crewthat elude us. (We each have our crew we seek but somehow don’t manage to get). Perhaps it can work like the replicator. If I stuff enough credits, merits, dilithium, trainers, shuttle boosts, ship schematics, etc. into it I can get to 100% and obtain that crew member. Check back every few hours, say 4 hours someone new goes on the block. Yes, I like the idea and think it would be a fun addition that would add a cool new aspect to things, just don’t limit it to fleets cuz then I would not be able to use it

Thanks for your kind words & great feedback, it’s much appreciated 🖖🏼

I said in another thread, there should be something where I can turn in all that stuff I have collected playing this game for as long as I have and putting as much into it as I have. This would totally accomplish this and give me value for my dedication.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any trading like this would still destroy the game. People would create a fleet of themselves and secondary accounts. Those accounts would sit there collecting all the free portals. Then when the secondary accounts got lucky with a 5* crew, they would be put up for auction and sold on cheap to the primary account.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Then a universal, not fleet limited approach where the house (db/quark) takes a cut makes it work a lot better.

Certain items like characters could get a min / max value like 72d for a 1/4*. And day.. 144d for a 1/5*. The "buy it now"/"max value" would be what it asks for in each faction shop.

This way db gets a cut, no one gets extorted beyond the Nth Degree (cough cough, 10,000d for a 5* db.. come on now.. it's time to look at that again) and provides a chance for some fun and maybe even discount.

I'd imagine 5* 1 skill Scotty would go frequently and inexpensive. I'd also guess that War Time Sisko would draw bigger.

There is potential in the idea, but it would require a few well thought out rules and regulations imposed by the game to make it fair for all.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice but I can't see it ever happening. It would lower DBs revenue. Right now people have to keep buying to get what they want with real money instead of just trading for it.

Also, it would cause economy problems since some crew would be much more valuable that others. You'd get the grind machines that do nothing but grind out stuff and then sell it, which would keep driving the price higher and higher.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea a lot, especially as an in-fleet option. That would allow fleet-mates to bond/cooperate better and also keep bidding down. In a game-wide auction, prices would quickly approach real values and thus it wouldn't be much of a deal.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • It is definitely worth considering. It probably would not work as proposed, but I think there is enough to it to workshop it into something the players can get use out of and still satisfy revenue needs.
  • The only way I see this working would be if it wasn't a free-for-all, and had some kind of tight limits on number of items offered/available.

For example: You can only offer up 1 item per day, but that doesn't mean that it'll be selected for the auction. Only 2 of each "class" of item is in the house each day, randomly selected from all submissions (i.e., 2 5* crew, 2 4* crew, 2 5* equipment items, 2 4* components, 2 4* ship schematics, etc.,). Then, the items can be bid on by everyone, where people put in their max bids. Maybe one of the 2 items is available for credits, the other for dilithium; or 4 items each with one available for dilithium/merits/honor/credits (the seller has no say in which it goes up for).

With this type of system, you almost certainly couldn't buy things from your alt accounts, and it wouldn't get large enough to threaten DB's economy. It would function a lot like the fleet stores now, where you never know what will come up each day. Even if the items were refreshed 2/3/4 times per day, it would still be very small.
  • edited June 2018
    As much as i would like this, in the long run it means db's sales would decrease as someone woupdnt be paying 15,000 dil for a legendary anymore, or even 50,000 honor so this will (:disappointed:) most likely never happen but i hope im wrong
  • Roadrunner {SG-66}Roadrunner {SG-66} ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    As much as i would like this, in the long run it means db's sales would decrease as someone woupdnt be paying 15,000 dil for a legendary anymore, or even 50,000 honor so this will (:disappointed:) most likely never happen but i hope im wrong

Just for that reason alone this is the last suggestion that DB will ever implement. You’ll basically move a large amount of transactions from the portal onto this new marketplace. Intead of “wasting” 650 dils 3-4 times on a pack to try to pull a super rare I need, I’ll pay a whale 1k dils and have 100% chance to get it.

A huge amount of the “global game inventory” probably sits with the top 5% player. When players starts offloading everything and demand falls down so will prices. You’ll start to devaluing cards and players will be less likely to spend real $ on them. A whale will be more than happy to sell an Extra legendary for 2-3K dils instead of getting 450 honors for them

Just in every event, top 10 most likely bought the 100$ packages. That’s a lot of extra legendaries and super rares that will hit the market once they claim their rewards on the last day (plus the extra cards they got when opening the packs)

Greatest idea for the player base, probably the worse for DB in terms of revenue loss.