Home The Bridge
Options

Why Is DB Asking Us To Pay For Their Problem With Voyages

I know I am not alone in my frustrations with voyages and DB's lack of accommodation for the players that experience the freezing problem. I have had multiple freezes of voyages, (2 this week), and DB doesn't want to make good on their product. I have been chasing Worf and Guinan since they went up and have done multiple voyages over 30 hours chasing them. Each time the voyage gets to a point where I believe the proper dilemma will drop and the voyage freezes.

Ok, in the past, I have asked for the crew and been denied but 100% of the dilithium refunded. This past week, not only do they not want to give me the crew which I am being adamant about, but now they only want to refund part of the dilithium. This is out and out theft and I will not accept it. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same experience with support, a few times in a row I got full dilithium refund and then suddenly I got unlucky and pulled a rep that said the new policy was partial refund, yet the next time it happened I got full refund again.

Consistency has been a massive problem with support for a long time
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I had the same experience with support, a few times in a row I got full dilithium refund and then suddenly I got unlucky and pulled a rep that said the new policy was partial refund, yet the next time it happened I got full refund again.

Agreed!! You can ask for an escalation to a senior member of support.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »

Agreed!! You can ask for an escalation to a senior member of support.

That doesn't always help. I've encountered problems with supervisors who obviously don't play the game and have no idea what they are talking about.

In the main, CS are fine, but if the situation gets at all complicated or they make an error it is a massive crap shoot what the outcome will be. I have had a *very* frustrating experience with CS lately and eventually just gave up. I'm still angry about it.

Is there a channel where we can escalate beyond a supervisor?
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Don't forget, if you purchased dilithium or something else with real world money, if support doesn't compensate for something to your satisfaction (and not insane desires, but legitimate compensation), you can get a refund from Google or Apple and it has no impact on your game. Google/Apple doesn't report refunds to the game companies on an account basis. They just hold funds for 90 days and pay them. Of course Google/Apple isn't going to just keep giving you refunds without legitimate reasons with screen shots and emails if you start disputing things all the time.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better question: why can't DB just fix Voyages so they don't get stuck?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    I had a rash of frozen Voyages, specifically I’d recall with a very small amount of AM then when the recall timer finished it would fail instead of successfully complete and ask to extend the Voyage. CS at first didn’t understand. A week went by and I began demanding action. Eventually I had to post on forums to Shan before it was resolved. I had to extend the Voyage then use dilithium to return immediately. CS refunded the dilithium spent to extend and the quick return, plus gave me a couple hundred chronitons.

I looked around the forums and found that folks posted that the freezing stops if you close and restart the game after completing a Voyage but before sending another one out. I’ve done that ever since and haven’t had any Voyage freezing problems. Restarting the game clears cache apparently.
  • Options
    •RIVIN••RIVIN• ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Nothing productive to add to the conversation? Don't post. ˜Shan
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Twice now the voyage clock stops ticking at 7H 57M 0S while the AM continues to drain...sneaky DB
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭

If the comments are being deleted out of hand chances are they are necessary if not productive.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

If the comments are being deleted out of hand chances are they are necessary if not productive.

Given the rest if the context of the thread, they were likely just disparaging comments about DB which isn't helpful and I wouldn't expect them to tollerate in a space they pay for.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disparaging truth?