Home Make It So!
Options

Trading Crew within Fleet/Squadron

R'TardigradesR'Tardigrades ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Make It So!
I believe might make the game far more interesting if there were a mechanism which allowed affiliated players (i.e., within the same fleet, or within the same squadron) to propose trades for super rare or legendary crew, and super rare or legendary items.

Crew/item must be exchanged on a strict 1 for 1 basis to ensure trades are equal and fair. Crew level and stats immediately reset and reduced to one-star (to prevent beginners from "lending" their crew to more experienced players, who can level them more easily, and who them trade them back).

Also, the ability to access the trading mechanism, or to examine another player's inventory, is restricted until a player has been a member of a fleet for a certain length of time (several months, say) during which they have actively contributed to the starbase improvements, in order to discourage people from hopping from fleet to fleet for the sole purpose of trading.

My thought here is that the sheer multitude of super rare and legendary crew, who already have low droprates, dilutes my chance of scoring multiples even further. Combined with the fact that more copies are needed for complete fusion than are needed for common crew, this means that my prospects of immortalising a good number of my crew seems effectively zero .... no matter how long I play, how much honour I have amassed, or how much money I drop on premium packs (and I've dropped a lot). Plus I still have lots of personalised inventory for super rare crew I have airlocked and which are now completely useless to me.

I've actually been airlocking a lot of 1* super rare crew recently instead of levelling them, because I feel so pessimistic about my ability to immortalise them.

If the worry by DB is that introducing a mechanic for inter-personal exchange of crew would discourage people from spending money on premium packs, consider the fact that I would actually feel far more willing to purchase more premium/event packs or "double the crew offers" if I felt I had any chance to eventually immortalise those crew. As it stands, however, I haven't bought a single "double the crew" offer to purchase a second copy of legendary crew, because I don't see the point of spending more money on a character I'll never actually finish fusing.