Home Make It So!

User Interface Suggestions

[10F]MadMax[10F]MadMax ✭✭
edited July 2018 in Make It So!
1. When viewing the squadrons in my fleet, pin my squadron to the top so I don't have to scroll for it if I change the default view.
2. Since many of us have multiple free time portal packs, add a button to open the next pack instead of hitting continue and exiting to the portal. There is a button to use credits to buy another pack. Why not a button to continue opening the free ones?
3. If I want to run my shuttles on a certain faction, pin it to the left side of the screen if I select that factions icon on the top of the screen. It's a nuisance to keep scrolling right.
4. You receive numerous suggestions on a daily basis, sometimes multiples asking to change the same thing. We give you suggestions on how we would like the game to improve for us. Please listen. Perhaps you will get even more people playing!
5. Move Replicator Rations to the top of the list of replicator fuel. Why aren't they listed first?Its....the replicator for crying out loud!

Thanks for listening!

MadMax

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. When viewing the squadrons in my fleet, pin my squadron to the top so I don't have to scroll for it if I change the default view.
    2. Since many of us have multiple free time portal packs, add a button to open the next pack instead of hitting continue and exiting to the portal. There is a button to use credits to buy another pack. Why not a button to continue opening the free ones?

+1 and +1. :)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might I make a suggestion? Change the title to "User Interface Suggestions" to give readers an idea of what they are getting into.

Other than that, all great suggestions. The fourth seems like common sense, but sense isn't as common as it should be.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Might I make a suggestion? Change the title to "User Interface Suggestions" to give readers an idea of what they are getting into.

Other than that, all great suggestions. The fourth seems like common sense, but sense isn't as common as it should be.

Done! Hey, Disruptor Beam! See how easy it is to listen to a suggestion and implement the change ?

@Prime Lorca, are you in 10F?
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. If I want to run my shuttles on a certain faction, pin it to the left side of the screen if I select that factions icon on the top of the screen. It's a nuisance to keep scrolling right.
    4. You receive numerous suggestions on a daily basis, sometimes multiples asking to change the same thing. We give you suggestions on how we would like the game to improve for us. Please listen. Perhaps you will get even more people playing!
    5. Move Replicator Rations to the top of the list of replicator fuel. Why aren't they listed first?Its....the replicator for crying out loud!

Thanks for listening!

MadMax

1. I made this mockup for Ships quite a while ago. They already use this interface for Crew, so why the heck not for ships?

16d9o8xsepcs.jpg

3. Yes, the Faction interface is similar to the ship interface and need reworked. Maybe we get new factions that way too! (Borg? Andorian? Orion? Breen?)

5. There is a pull-down menu sort feature when replicating, just like inventory [replicator rations] which I seldom use either, but it does make things easier and does address this problem.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • When you use the search function, you can't search anyone with ' in their names, like T'Pol or T'Rul.

DB should fix this.
  • When you use the search function, you can't search anyone with ' in their names, like T'Pol or T'Rul.

DB should fix this.

This was brought up in the Engineering Room

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5960/in-game-search-function-doesnt-find-obrien#latest
  • Perhaps, it would also be better to remove cooldowns from Cadet Challenges and Arena, since waiting time of two minutes is not ergonomic and there are probably no related vulnerabilities on the server and on the client side, which the mentioned cooldown could be intended to address.
  • Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Additional User Interface Augmentation:

Make it easier for us to use specific inventory items in the replicator interface.

For example, I have a 3 star Geordi's Toolbox that is burning an inventory slot that I would love to use in the replicator.

However, when I use the replicator, it is extremely difficult for me to determine where that Toolbox is, because the interface for the Replicator has items in a completely different order (by rarity, I think) than the interface for inventory (by when the first copy of an item was acquired, I think).

There are many ways to facilitate the identification of single items for replicator use. Here are just a few of the suggestions.

1. Allow us to see the name of the item we just selected for the replicator, so we are sure we picked the right item.
    2. Make the sort order of items the replicator screen the SAME as the inventory screen.
    3. Allow us to favorite items on the inventory screen that would also be reflected on the replicator screen.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Really good suggestions, @[DB]MadMax[DoBetter]

Also I'm second to the changing in the way we select the ships. We have too many of them by now and is taking a lot of time to pick a ship, especially for the old players that have a pretty extensive list of them.

Thanks for listening!

MadMax

1. I made this mockup for Ships quite a while ago. They already use this interface for Crew, so why the heck not for ships?

16d9o8xsepcs.jpg

3. Yes, the Faction interface is similar to the ship interface and need reworked. Maybe we get new factions that way too! (Borg? Andorian? Orion? Breen?)

5. There is a pull-down menu sort feature when replicating, just like inventory [replicator rations] which I seldom use either, but it does make things easier and does address this problem.

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great suggestions MadMax. I'm on board with all of them.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might I make a suggestion? Change the title to "User Interface Suggestions" to give readers an idea of what they are getting into.

Done! Hey, Disruptor Beam! See how easy it is to listen to a suggestion and implement the change ?

@Prime Lorca, are you in 10F?

Indeed I am. I wasn't when the thread was started. I'm glad the thread is getting a little attention and some additional ideas.
    Farewell 🖖
  • foxsfoxs
    edited July 2018
    I got an idea....please fix or extend the chat room. I'm missing out on chats, and like it to look back more then 5 messages.

I'm new to this forum, if I should post this elsewhere please be so kind to let me know
  • MadMax 1: Agreed. Although I think there was some confusion here between “squadron” and “ship,” I also support Cmdr. Sinclair’s suggestion for redesigning the ship selection interface, leading me to add an additional point: Cryo-style bonuses for obtaining and FF’ing related ships/all ships of a given rarity/all ships period.

MadMax 2: Agreed.

MadMax 3: Agreed, but with an idea: Have whichever faction’s territory you are sitting in listed first in the shuttle mission interface (e.g., I’m visiting Trill, so the Terran Empire is listed first); during events, of course, event-specific factions would still be listed before that. Query: Anybody know why faction symbols at the top and faction shuttle missions below are shown in exactly reverse order to each other?

MadMax 5: Agreed.
  • As a fleet admiral I want the ability to see who has donated what amount to the star base each day. I have a couple of free loaders in my fleet, and it’s not fair to the other players who donate every day.
  • Dammit Jim wrote: »
    As a fleet admiral I want the ability to see who has donated what amount to the star base each day. I have a couple of free loaders in my fleet, and it’s not fair to the other players who donate every day.

Speaking as Vice Admiral in mine, and a founding member, we chose to be extremely slow and careful in how we recruit, with significant time and attention paid to new members to ensure a good fit. We've done exceptionally well and have some top of the line people, but even then, there's a small group we wonder about. In a young fleet, everyone counts all the more. So I completely empathize here and fully agree.
    Officers and Admirals just don't have enough tools.
    Invitations are sloppy when all you can see is lvl, bridge, and previous event rank. What about daily targets? Why can't I check the last two or three events? We know it's all recorded in the system, I can check the Fleet and my own going back to my first.
    It's like trying to coach a baseball team with no arms.
  • PaPa ✭✭
    Another suggestion:

Make the replicator show how often you've used it and how many uses are left, like this: Replicator 3/5 means you've used it 3 times of 5 possible uses today. I often wonder if the current replication might be the last or if I still got one left. This shouldn't be too difficult to implement because the app already has the data.
  • DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭

Why even have them as a list. Put put five button above the dropdown for the five types of rations and just let us add them from there. Replicator is the only place in the game they are used.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Great ideas, no one will apply as allways.
    And put a filter in the inventory, i asked for this thousand times
  • Dammit Jim wrote: »
    As a fleet admiral I want the ability to see who has donated what amount to the star base each day. I have a couple of free loaders in my fleet, and it’s not fair to the other players who donate every day.

Speaking as Vice Admiral in mine, and a founding member, we chose to be extremely slow and careful in how we recruit, with significant time and attention paid to new members to ensure a good fit. We've done exceptionally well and have some top of the line people, but even then, there's a small group we wonder about. In a young fleet, everyone counts all the more. So I completely empathize here and fully agree.
    Officers and Admirals just don't have enough tools.
    Invitations are sloppy when all you can see is lvl, bridge, and previous event rank. What about daily targets? Why can't I check the last two or three events? We know it's all recorded in the system, I can check the Fleet and my own going back to my first.
    It's like trying to coach a baseball team with no arms.

Daily targets per individual tracking has been there since before Starbases came along. When they upgraded with the Starbases, they separated the squads so you don't just have a raw roster for dailies which I rather liked.

hecgiz6zyhx9.jpg

As for events, you can go back and look at your own past event ranking, but not others. But then, you should have snapshotted them at the end of the Event to track them if you wanted that info.
    And again, I wish DB had left a raw leaderboard style for the Event tracking. Our fleet is super competitive and that would have been awesome to look at a glance to see who's on top. I mean they left it that way for "Last Online", which is the bottom drop down selection, so why not for the Event leaderboard?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...