Home Ready Room

Advice on duplicates

Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a FFFE Prospero, but in the current event (Isthmian Games 2), I felt a bit short on bonus crew, so I kept and leveled the threshold copies and now have a 3/4 FE version as well. I'm considering keeping the dup because he's a main cast variant with a strong primary skill (DIP) that is not his "standard" primary skill (ENG) thus making him useful in, well, faction events like this one. His FF cousin is my 11th best DIP, so their only value to me would be for Data-featured events. I have ~15 open crew slots, so space isn't an issue.

Seeking advice (especially from those with dup crew) - airlock him for 600 honor or keep him? If keep, do I leave them both on my active roster? What happens if I freeze the FF one - is there any visual indication that I have 2 copies or do I just have to remember that fact?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't think twice ... Airlock ... not worth the time and effort ... you might, just might, consider keeping a duplicate 5*, if you are ever so lucky to get one.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    To be honest two copies of Prospero would have come very much in handy in this event there were quite a few ENG DIP missions across the board coupled with the fact that there's a lot of gold Data's and not many in other rarities I would consider having a second copy, he is also in the regular portal and could drop in voyages. But I definitely wouldn't consider it on every duplicate I would come across.

Plus it sounds like you have leveled him and ploughed a fair amount of resources into him so I would vote no to airlocking him.

I guess it also depends on how many variants of Data / Androids that could end up being event crew you have.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • RaraRacing wrote: »
    don't think twice ... Airlock ... not worth the time and effort ... you might, just might, consider keeping a duplicate 5*, if you are ever so lucky to get one.

I always airlock my 5* duplicates, since I don't have many crew slots. I hate it when I have to chose between a crew I don't have and between upgrading my crew that I have.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've invested the effort to level him, keep him and wait for a fourth * to drop on a voyage. Then freeze.

I got my first copy of Prospero on a voyage -- fortuitously just a few weeks before this event.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • I've never kept a duplicate, but if I spent the time and effort to level one, I would keep him at least until I could freeze him so I could pull him out for events.
  • AcerAcer ✭✭
    Plus, I always thought, and correct me if I'm wrong, you don't get honor for each star, just for the card, so you'd only get 200 honor, not 600.
  • Acer wrote: »
    Plus, I always thought, and correct me if I'm wrong, you don't get honor for each star, just for the card, so you'd only get 200 honor, not 600.

No, each star does add the appropriate amount of honor, so it would be 600, but any leveling or items equipped would be lost.

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since he's not a particularly fantastic card, but you've put all of those resources into him, I'd say freeze the immortalized one and keep the duplicate around (assuming you're short on crew space).
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thoughts! Got my 4th (8th?) copy of him in a behold last night (the other 2 choices were immortal already), so I've now frozen the extra one and will wait for the next Data event.

To answer my own final question (mostly to benefit those that have never done duplicates before):
    The behold showed him as already having 4 stars (which technically was true), but of course I had 7 stars worth of Prosperos. So I had to know that about my crew. Also, now that 1 copy is frozen, the vault shows him as immortalized/frozen even though one copy of him is active (not-frozen) on my roster. So again, you have to know what's going on with your crew - the UI isn't set up to handle duplicates very well.