Home The Bridge

Quick portal question

Which is more common: single super rare drops from the portal or super rare beholds from the portal?

Same question for legendary, which one do you get more?
Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Comments

• Super rare drops seem to be more common than super rare beholds from the regular portal. However it is not possible (as far as i know) to get a straight legendary drop from the regular portal, only a behold.
  • I’ve gotten straight drops of 5* crew. Not very often, read on forums others have as well.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    My assumption, if you get a 4* or 5* randomly selected for a drop it's a behold. If they need to give you the guaranteed crew because you didn't get anyone in the first 9 slots, then it's a straight drop. There is a 52% chance of not getting a 4* or 5* in 10 pulls, so the straight drop is more common.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Following is what I have seen regarding Super Rare drops from a Regular Premium pack:
    - if a drop occurs in Slot 1, then it is a single (i.e., not a behold)
    - if drops occur in Slots 2 through 10, then they are beholds

The above also applies to Event packs, with the exception being Slot 10, which will be an Event character if none have previously appeared in the first 9 Slots.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the odds but this was straight drop in Basic rewards

532bd9a99x2r.png
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    For Premuim packs In regular portal, if first slot has the SR you will not be getting any beholds and only that SR and no legendaries.

If first slot does not have SR, seems like you will always get beholds.

I am not positive it will always be a legendary behold, because way back in the past beholds were rare occurrences. I am not sure if all drops now will always be beholds. It has been a while since I have seen a straight drop from the regular portal premium pulls.

So that being said, legendary beholds or begolds are more common than a straight drop of legendary (if it is still possible)

I would say that SR beholds are slightly more common. By the odds being 50.6% of getting a SR in ten pulls. My guess here is ten pulls are made if no legendary or SR one pull is thrown out and replaced by SR straight drop. This way the odds of getting legendary are not effected in a x10 pull.

In a single pull beholds are more common than a straight drop of legendary or SR ( not sure if you can get a straight drop of either but if you can it is rare)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

532bd9a99x2r.png

The odds are.02%. I’ve had two legendaries in basic pulls, both behold and one on a single pull. I consider myself fortunate

• WaldoMag wrote: »
    In regular portal, if first slot has the SR you will not be getting any beholds and only that SR and no legendaries.

I am not positive it will always be a legendary behold, because way back in the past beholds were rare occurrences. I am not sure if all drops now will always be beholds. It has been a while since I have seen a straight drop from the regular portal.

So that being said, legendary beholds or begolds are more common than a straight drop of legendary (if it is still possible)

I would say that SR beholds are slightly more common. By the odds being 50.6% of getting a SR in ten pulls. My guess here is ten pulls are made if no legendary or SR one pull is thrown out and replaced by SR straight drop. This way the odds of getting legendary are not effected in a x10 pull.

In a single pull beholds are more common than a straight drop of legendary or SR ( not sure if you can get a straight drop of either but if you can it is rare)

A lot of this is not entirely true. Yes, if the first slot in a 10x pull is not a SR, then you almost always get a behold in the tenth spot, but not absolutely every time. The event pack I opened for this last event had a straight drop of Prospero in the tenth spot and no other SR or better cards. I was pretty disappointed.

If the first slot is an SR, you likely will not be getting any other SR or legendary cards, but again, not always. There are numerous examples of sometimes multiple beholds and begolds from a pack with a SR in the first slot. It really is luck of the draw.

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAY more single legendary drops for me than legendary beholds.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

532bd9a99x2r.png

Wow, I have gotten 5* from credit portals, but they've always been beholds. I've never seen a 5* straight drop other than guaranteed crew from special packs.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    In regular portal, if first slot has the SR you will not be getting any beholds and only that SR and no legendaries.

I am not positive it will always be a legendary behold, because way back in the past beholds were rare occurrences. I am not sure if all drops now will always be beholds. It has been a while since I have seen a straight drop from the regular portal.

A lot of this is not entirely true. Yes, if the first slot in a 10x pull is not a SR, then you almost always get a behold in the tenth spot, but not absolutely every time. The event pack I opened for this last event had a straight drop of Prospero in the tenth spot and no other SR or better cards. I was pretty disappointed.

If the first slot is an SR, you likely will not be getting any other SR or legendary cards, but again, not always. There are numerous examples of sometimes multiple beholds and begolds from a pack with a SR in the first slot. It really is luck of the draw.

By regular portal I meant premium portal pulls.

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing since day one, never had a straight drop on a 5* anywhere other then in an event pack of a guaranteed event character.
    (Da Vinci :) ). Otherwise, always beholds )
    (Not saying this to say "big foot!" , I just haven't had it happen)
  • Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    New related question:

Are beholds possible with the merit portal?
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick, go buy a lotto ticket.
  • I think the merit portal only does straight drops but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly enough, I got my first AND my fifth star for Captain Sisko from basic portal pulls. Those were the days.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merit portal does only straight drops, no beholds.

Credit portal can do both straight drops (like merit) or beholds (like 650 DIL).
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    New related question:

Are beholds possible with the merit portal?

Yes, i have had 2 purple beholds from a merit pull.
    Merit portal does only straight drops, no beholds.

Credit portal can do both straight drops (like merit) or beholds (like 650 DIL).

I have gotten 2 purple beholds from merit pulls. One was Sheriff Worf, the other was my last Nexus Kirk I needed to immortalize him.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it said "BEHOLD" and three crew popped up to pick from?
    I've had it, too.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then, it's the golden unicorn of rare occurrences. I've never heard nor seen of a report of it, and I've personally dumped about 85k merits into that thing.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people must be misunderstanding the term "Behold" — I've gotten over a half-dozen Legendaries and several dozen super-rares from Merit pulls, and they were always straight drops, not Beholds.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I think people must be misunderstanding the term "Behold" — I've gotten over a half-dozen Legendaries and several dozen super-rares from Merit pulls, and they were always straight drops, not Beholds.

Same here. Not a single behold.

I'm not misunderstanding. If it happens again I'll provides screen shot.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not misunderstanding. If it happens again I'll provides screen shot.

If this has indeed happened to you, then I hope you'll accept my apology. I'd of course love to see a screenshot. But if it does happen to you again — to use Frank's analogy, you have seen the golden unicorn twice, and should maybe plan a trip to Vegas asap to take advantage of that insane luck. ;)

• If you are using Merits, there are no Beholds, just straight drops.
    I definitely had one. I took a screenshot, too, but I went back and can't tell which screenshot it was since they look the same. I believe I commented on it at the time.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely had one. I took a screenshot, too, but I went back and can't tell which screenshot it was since they look the same. I believe I commented on it at the time.

Well, you did post this about a Legendary from a merit pull (with a screenshot):
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/discussion/comment/49822/#Comment_49822

...but there was no mention of a Behold.