Home The Bridge

Can you remove the opening music?

It seems to me that it's the song at the beginning that makes the game take so long to load, on my phone once the music stops the game finished loading quickly.

Answers

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about if you have the volume at silent none of the sounds load, as that slows down other operations in the game as well.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    How about if you have the volume at silent none of the sounds load, as that slows down other operations in the game as well.

Or better yet, how about if you have the sound at 0% IT ACTUALLY DOES THAT. The game just blatantly ignores your sound setting and blasts full volume anyway.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Or better yet, how about if you have the sound at 0% IT ACTUALLY DOES THAT. The game just blatantly ignores your sound setting and blasts full volume anyway.

Actually I don't have that issue on my LG V10.....what platform are you on?

• Android. Pixel XL Android 8.0. Getting a Pixel 2 tomorrow so hopefully I won't follow me to that, but I don't have high hopes.

It wouldn't even bother me that much if the stupid AUDIO FOCUS permission worked correctly. The game steals audio focus from other apps and if you fix that then it just blasts game audio OVER other apps instead (even with volume at zero).
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • the audio focus bug affects iOS devices as well.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
    Android. Pixel XL Android 8.0. Getting a Pixel 2 tomorrow so hopefully I won't follow me to that, but I don't have high hopes.

It wouldn't even bother me that much if the stupid AUDIO FOCUS permission worked correctly. The game steals audio focus from other apps and if you fix that then it just blasts game audio OVER other apps instead (even with volume at zero).

Yeah it's actually affected my play time. I stopped playing when doing cardio machines at the gym as well as other times I want my music. I go play another game instead.. maybe they want my money too.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Android. Pixel XL Android 8.0. Getting a Pixel 2 tomorrow so hopefully I won't follow me to that, but I don't have high hopes.

I have never had that problem.

When I turn the sound to 0 I don't hear a peep from the game. I walk to work with my music on while I play the game and haven't had an issue in the many months I've been playing...

I'm on iOS though, so maybe it's an Android bug? Or my normally-buggy phone is magically not being buggy?
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

I never had that problem. 3 Android devices, 2 Samsung tablets and 1 Alcatel phone.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have never had that problem.

When I turn the sound to 0 I don't hear a peep from the game. I walk to work with my music on while I play the game and haven't had an issue in the many months I've been playing...

I'm on iOS though, so maybe it's an Android bug? Or my normally-buggy phone is magically not being buggy?

I haven't had that problem on my Android phone.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.

• When I turn the sound to 0 I don't hear a peep from the game. I walk to work with my music on while I play the game and haven't had an issue in the many months I've been playing...

Except the game selfishly pauses any music you might have playing in the background when you first start the app regardless of the game’s volume settings. This is an idiotic decision and one I’ve asked to have eliminated several times in the past.
  • KrishnaKrishna
    edited October 2017
    I likewise don't see this issue, but I'm on iOS. I generally play with it muted unless I am at home. Should add that I have also had music playing in the background at the same time.