Home The Bridge

DB's handling issues general idea

jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in The Bridge
There has been some issues with the game recently which caused many problems to many players. DB's representative stated today that...

"If there had been a trivial way to rectify the situation, we would have done so. Unfortunately that was not the case."

This kind of explanation is served every time we encounter an issue. Do you think it's proper attitude in general to honestly "rectify the situation" only if there is a "trivial way" to do it?

DB's handling issues general idea 14 votes

Yes
14%
TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)taughttolie 2 votes
No
85%
AviTrek[KM]VidemProsserRocpile[10F]MadMaxHungry Dog DDMGordon FreemanAggeDrone_oneJoeSage2[ISA] Big McLargeHugejestergenie 12 votes

Comments

• No
    I think you're mischaracterizing what was said. Also, the wording of this poll is so unclear that I'm honestly not sure which poll option I'm supposed to pick no matter how I feel.

Please, correct me.

Yes = Yes, it's proper attitude in general to honestly "rectify the situation" only if there is a "trivial way" to do it.

No = No, it's not proper attitude in general to honestly "rectify the situation" only if there is a "trivial way" to do it.
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    No
    I didn't vote because I don't understand the question.

There is only one question in my post. Do you think it's proper attitude in general to honestly "rectify the situation" only if there is a "trivial way" to do it?

What can't you understand?
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that's what the rep was saying, Jestergenie. If there isn't a simple way there isn't a simple way. Did they go on to offer a solution at all?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d have to see the answer in context to even attempt to give an opinion.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would much rather they spend their time working on new content rather than ways to distribute compensation for mistakes. If you feel their automatic compensation is insufficient, you always have the route of opening and escalating a ticket.
  • No
    I’d have to see the answer in context to even attempt to give an opinion.

Here is the context.
  • I don't think Jester is particularly interested in context. Shan I'm sure we're all happy to see this thread shut down too.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • No
    I would much rather they spend their time working on new content rather than ways to distribute compensation for mistakes. If you feel their automatic compensation is insufficient, you always have the route of opening and escalating a ticket.

I did open a ticket but I feel like I'm doing their job.
  • No
    I don't think Jester is particularly interested in context.

You are mistaken.
  • If I'm mistaken then I genuinely apologise. However your presentation certainly doesn't convince me that I am
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • No
    If I'm mistaken then I genuinely apologise. However your presentation certainly doesn't convince me that I am

Apologies accepted. Thank you.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having done support for a number of years, in this particular instance I gotta say its badly worded but I empathize with DB.

"If it was easy we would have fixed it already." would probably been the more impolite way of stating what I believe they are stating. They've struggled with the mail system before. It's why I'd like to see it overhauled, but I don't see that happening as there's real no monetary gain for it.

Lord knows I'm not a rah-rah fanboi when DB screws up. For all intents and purposes, though

1) This doesn't even make the top 10 DB oops list
    2) They did own up to their being an issue
    3) They put what appears to be a best effort in giving a good result to folks affected by it.

And would I rather it have gone smoothly, yes.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to what some players think, DB do listen to the player base. They do try and make an effort when things go wrong.

DB do makes oopsies, some are minor, some are major, but they regularly own up to them and say sorry.

All this business of complaining another player got more chronitons, and similar complaints is tiring. The only real time they messed up with saying sorry was with the mirror picard debacle.

Also the question does not make sense.
  • No
    DB do makes oopsies, some are minor, some are major, but they regularly own up to them and say sorry.

It's not about making oopsies. We all are entitled to make oopsies from time to time. It's also not about saying sorry. It's about honest handling such issues. Handling an issue shouldn't produce another issues.
  • No
    Also the question does not make sense.

Why?
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    No
    It looks like we are having another crisis. I wonder how they will handle this one. It sounds pretty serious.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing this thread that is going nowhere.
This discussion has been closed.