Home Ready Room

Moving a squad to a new fleet?

edited July 2018 in Ready Room
Hey folks,

My Squad is jumping ship from our fleet, but I have some concerns about simply hitting that hidden "Leave Fleet" button, as I couldn't find answers to some of my questions.

1) If I created the squad, and leave the fleet, does the squad still auto disband, or does the squad move with me?

2) is there a way to preserve rankings when leaving a fleet?

3) if it does auto disband, can I reclaim the squad name after joining a new fleet?

4) If we join a new fleet, will we all have the 24 hour waiting period before we get access to fleet resources and bonuses?

Thanks!

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squad will disband if the squad leader leaves the squad or the fleet.

Your past event squad rankings (and fleet rankings, obviously) will reset after you leave your squad or your fleet.

I don't know for certain about the name thing, but I always assumed squad names weren't unique. In any case, since your current squad will cease to exist when the squad leader leaves it, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use that same name in your new fleet.

And finally — yes, any time you enter a new fleet, you have a 24-hour waiting period, so plan accordingly.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Squad will disband if the squad leader leaves the squad or the fleet.

Your past event squad rankings (and fleet rankings, obviously) will reset after you leave your squad or your fleet.

I don't know for certain about the name thing, but I always assumed squad names weren't unique. In any case, since your current squad will cease to exist when the squad leader leaves it, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use that same name in your new fleet.

And finally — yes, any time you enter a new fleet, you have a 24-hour waiting period, so plan accordingly.

Data, you are The Godfather of the forum!

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Data, you are The Godfather of the forum!

Nah, I'm just a mook. But you... you...

HJtSSgo.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found the Squad Names to be unique. (as there were some that I couldn't have on first choice)

But I have moved my squad to three separate fleets, and kept the name; having disbanded the squadron in one fleet and created the new squadron with the same same as it was now available again.

But as @Data1001 said, all you keep is the name, all stats and such reset as if you were starting a new Squadron.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • After several people left my old fleet with me to start a new one, we found that squad names could not be duplicated, and neither can fleet names. Absolutely everything resets and anytime anyone joins a new fleet the 24 hr period applies. Although many of our new members have found that window unclear on one point: new members waiting for access are unable to claim anything from daily targets, but starbase bonuses do apply and even new members can immediately donate and their daily activity does count toward the fleet targets (even though they can't collect yet).
  • Sounds like there's some Fleets out there that can use some "as Seen on DB" Fleet Fabreezey. Cleans that old stench up in one quick squirt.No wiping required. Retires to come up with a catchy jingle.😉