Home Ready Room
Options

Duplicate crew?

I wonder, is duplicate crew allowed in various game modes (gauntlet, journey, regular missions)?
My story is comical. Yesterday I've saw Queen Guinevere Kira and loved her from the first sight. I had some Dilithium and immediately bought 7 event packs. Got one Queen and spent $25 to get a copy immediately.
Today was my payday, and I've decided to throw in $100 to get two more copies. I REALLY wanted to make her 5/5, since she's a good leader, and has a nice combat ability as well. And she's beautiful!
Now comes the funniest part. I've bought the $100 package, got two more copies plus another offer for $25 to get a final copy. Thanks God I've decided to open my even packs first, as I've got THREE more copies. Three!
Now I have a 5/5 Queen and another 2/5 Queen - I simply couldn't jettison the extra copies. Maybe I will be able to use both? What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason you can't use both.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, lots of us have duplicates. I've sent out numerous shuttle missions with two of the exact same crew, and I think a few Voyages, as well. Never done so with Gauntlet, as I expect the situation would have to be just right (at the very least, a 65% crit rate plus featured skill), otherwise I usually figure it's better to cover more skills — but I suppose that once in a blue moon it might make sense.

But when the character is good or useful (or just insanely easy to level), and I have the opportunity, I'll often keep a second (or in some cases, third) copy. I have extras of both Romulan Data and Mirror Bev, because they're really strong, but I also have 3 copies of Tourist Quark, because he was a piece of cake to level up.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    So the next question is: would you duplicate Queen Guinevere Kira? She has only two skills, and I really doubt she would be easy to level up...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the next question is: would you duplicate Queen Guinevere Kira? She has only two skills, and I really doubt she would be easy to level up...

I'd say hang on to the 2/5 dupe for now. If you need to make room, freeze somebody you don't use often. But don't do anything with the dupe—just let it sit there for the time being. Once you've gotten the first copy fully leveled and equipped, then at least you'll know what you're in for there. As far as usefulness, I guess that depends on the rest of your roster.

Me, I always keep 20 to 30 empty slots in my active roster at any given time, so hanging on to an extra Legendary is a no-brainer for me. But know that you won't see another copy of her drop in the regular time portal packs for quite some time, since she's new—so it'd be a long-term commitment. If you have the space, she isn't a beast to level, and she fills a void, then great. If not, there's no shame in airlocking an extra copy once you've got one copy fully fused.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    Thanks Data1001, that's I'm going to do. I've never intended to dump the extra copy, but I've had an opportunity to upgrade her to 3* for $25, but considered that an insanity :smile:
    How could I get three copies in 10 packs with the declared chance of 1.67% is beyond my imagination. Looks like I'm just a lucky bastard.