Home The Bridge

Fingers crossed for a (at least half) skirmish event next week.

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm really hoping skirmishes don't go the way of expeditions, a new event that the introduce, people play and breaks up the monotony of Galaxy, Faction, Faction/Galaxy Hybrid over and over, and then doesn't appear again.

Comments

• I would be all for that. So would all our starbase rooms that need holoemitters.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I vote for a two day skirmish. No hybrid. No galaxy. No faction. Just a nice short 2 day skirmish only event.
    Smirmishes, like galaxies, are probably too tedious to rank in, but at least you get stuff instead of burning stuff. And the skirmish points are too easily too high to balance with any other event. The should exist alone, but not be 4 days of RSI inducing clicking.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Death to skirmish

These like expeditions are great for threshold and out people. But for people that have to spend the time clicking for a useless 1/5 star, it burns people out quickly.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the first Skirmish. I originally wasn't looking forward to it, but it quickly became my second favourite event type.
  • I wish all events were skirmish events. I liked it very much.
  • I'm very much reminded of my mother who, when told that we really liked the new dish she had made for dinner, would never serve it again.
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAY!!!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its the same mechanics, this might be the first threshold and out for me in a long time. And I love LeVar Burton/LaForge.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Skirmish events takes time but other than that I really enjoyed the event last week. To me it is a good change up to faction/galaxy.

Very much looking forward to next weeks event.
  • Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    The positive difference between Skirmish and other events is that the mechanic invites you to engage in the other enjoyable aspects of the game during the event - you can still level your crew, farm for equipment via space battles, etc... as it gives you currency to use in the Skirmish.

very much this and as an added bonus it teaches people a lot about the space combat
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neos472 wrote: »
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    The positive difference between Skirmish and other events is that the mechanic invites you to engage in the other enjoyable aspects of the game during the event - you can still level your crew, farm for equipment via space battles, etc... as it gives you currency to use in the Skirmish.

very much this and as an added bonus it teaches people a lot about the space combat

I'll remember that when I sign up to fight in the Romulan War....
  • Second best rewards for time spent second only to faction events. Very excited for next weeks Skirmish. Just hope they didn't nerf the rewards. If you don't like the clicking then don't play, I couldn't care less. At least you get resources for playing Skirmish versus Galaxy which just uses resources up.
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy the skirmish event because it yielded me a top 2500 finish for the first time and I'm hoping to get a higher finish tbis time.
  • Would like a two day skirmish that starts on Saturday. Kthxbai.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam