Home Make It So!
Options

Threshold table for galaxy events need much needed updates.

[QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
I finished the thresholds the first day of the event as I usually do with the galaxies and haven’t touched it since. I really wish the rewards table for these didn’t stop at such a low point total. I have a much more difficult time running the table with faction events unless I run them every 3 hours which I don’t have time to do. You would think there would be more rewards for the galaxies since they seem to be their most profitable. The community rewards are over in no time either. The attempt last time to increase rewards was nice but very insufficient and short lived. I am not a fan of the galaxies but the whole premise of events is to me becoming very stale. The ends don’t justify the means and haven’t for quite some time. Anyone else long or short term players having similar thoughts?
Fleet= Quarks Holosuite

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Id like an updated longer list of threshold rewards...i finished yesterday and also havent touched the event tab since. In fact 'Stick em up' Reed (@[UFP] eljay) is one piece away from being tossed into the basement of my freezer...so in (a little over) 2 days i managed to get all the thresholds AND almost immortilize the new event character...yeah, we need an updated galaxy threshold rewards table!!
  • Options
    Ace_RimmerAce_Rimmer ✭✭✭
    Personally I agree the rewards needs changing. I clear the thresholds in the first 6 hours pretty much on a galaxy.

That being said there is no chance they will change the rewards. It seems player participation is up or at least where DB want's it. So I also assume people spending must also be high, so why would they change it?
  • Options
    I only play up through the top threshold in Galaxies these days if I can FF a crew member. They'd have to offer something pretty good to make me want to keep going further. And for those who already go further and compete for ranking rewards, why would DB need to add more rewards if players are already willing to spend far past the thresholds anyways without them?
  • Options
    I only play up through the top threshold in Galaxies these days if I can FF a crew member. They'd have to offer something pretty good to make me want to keep going further. And for those who already go further and compete for ranking rewards, why would DB need to add more rewards if players are already willing to spend far past the thresholds anyways without them?

I push past for rank but tbh I'm getting to the point where I won't anymore. I'm only earning rewards for the first few hours and then it's grinding just to keep ahead. Winning another 1/5 just isn't worth that anymore- it's never going to improve my crew (My aversion to airlocking means I'm more likely to freeze an immortal so that I can keep the Legend so I may actually weaken my crew!)
    Extra thresholds that make it worth continuing are long overdue when you look at how much higher the scores go these days.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see the current rewards changed. i.e. I don't want it any harder to get 3/4 of the ranked crew, plus the 1/4 of the community, to get a 4/4.

I can see the benefits of having extra threshold levels with more rewards. e.g. some honour points, merits, replicator rations, ship schematics.

I can also see many disadvantages. Players pushing for the 4* in the rank rewards will find it harder. If the rank crew is an existing crew member, then players with that crew without that crew will be fighting against players just trying to get that extra 1000 honour.

This idea sounds good, will just cost players chrons they could use levelling crew.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB hasn't shown signs of expanding rewards, but instead, shrinking them. They shrunk the Top 25 reward of TWO copies of the gold down to top 15 for full galaxy events, and skirmish events as well (as skirmish rewards are a direct copy/paste of the rank/threshold tables from full galaxy events.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    You can bet Syboks fanny pack this won’t change...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see the current rewards changed. i.e. I don't want it any harder to get 3/4 of the ranked crew, plus the 1/4 of the community, to get a 4/4.

I can see the benefits of having extra threshold levels with more rewards. e.g. some honour points, merits, replicator rations, ship schematics.

I can also see many disadvantages. Players pushing for the 4* in the rank rewards will find it harder. If the rank crew is an existing crew member, then players with that crew without that crew will be fighting against players just trying to get that extra 1000 honour.

This idea sounds good, will just cost players chrons they could use levelling crew.

That's the definition of Galaxy Event.. no matter what the reward table.
  • Options
    Id like an updated longer list of threshold rewards...i finished yesterday and also havent touched the event tab since. In fact 'Stick em up' Reed (@[UFP] eljay) is one piece away from being tossed into the basement of my freezer...so in (a little over) 2 days i managed to get all the thresholds AND almost immortilize the new event character...yeah, we need an updated galaxy threshold rewards table!![/quote

The entire rewards system is wrong. I want to know one person that has won an event without having the top crew FF. Why are we playing for a crew that we are going to airlock? It doesn't make sense. They should give us the option of citations or crew so competition is not just about a moral victory but actually a benefit worth fighting for.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be great is if DB created new rewards for higher thresholds . . . including some worthwhile prizes. Current thresholds end at 130k VPs. Here's a suggestion:

165k VP -- 2000 honor
    200k VP -- 3000 honor
    300k VP -- Legendary Crew Member -- not the featured one, but an older legendary crew member who is a version of one of the featured crew. So, for example, in this recent event it could have been Commander Kira or Mirror Reed or Assimilated Torres.
    500k VP - Featured Legendary Crew Member
    1000k VP - Legendary Citation
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends