Home Engineering Room
Options

Independence Pack Benefits?

edited July 2018 in Engineering Room
It has been five days since this happened. I have not heard of anything being taken away from anyone. Has anyone else heard of anything?

Comments

• Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I've heard of being adjusted had been overcorrected with from $10-600 in actual bought dilithium taken in addition to any pack gains. It's a slow, individual, manual process. Don't look for a large update soon.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, it's sort of a waiting game if you bought the pack to see how much they're going to take from you.

I've heard reports of having contents of saved up packs taken as well. Like, someone went through all their saved up "free" boost packs from buying event offers in order to spend dilithium on more packs and all of those boosts from already purchased packs were taken away in addition to any boost packs purchased with dilithium from the Independence pack.

In several cases, things have disappeared but the people haven't heard anything from DB yet about it. Including someone who is missing hundreds of dollars in dilithium. Also, I have a fleetmate who has had everything he bought with the dilithium taken away (including honor equal to the blue crew he received and airlocked from a premium pack), in addition to no longer having the 650 dil he used to buy the pack, and they have also taken the remainder of his dil balance away.

Anything purchased since the Independence pack, including legitimate purchases made with real cash are in jeopardy.

I wouldn't necessarily be worried about the benefits people who purchased the pack could be enjoying. But that's just me.
  • Options
    The FishThe Fish ✭✭✭
    It has been five days since this happened. I have not heard of anything being taken away from anyone. Has anyone else heard of anything?

Do you know anyone who got anything from the bug? Thats the only way you would hear about it since DB was pretty clear they are addressing it on an individual basis and not discussing it here.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are numerous people who have had things taken away, including dilithium that was legitimately purchased, both BEFORE and AFTER the bug was introduced.

This is a FTC complaint just waiting to happen.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen what they are doing. Over taking people's items and making the consumer suffer for the company's mistake is insane. It's one thing to take back what was a pack error, its another thing to straight up steal because it's to much effort to research when people made other purchases.

I still think they should do a mass comp. Not for this, but for the false shuttle percentages we have had for the year and half.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Ya know, I'm not even going to comment on any of tbis because my feelings and thoughts were made well known in the previous thread. What I want to know is everyone that took issue with my original concerns have started beating a different drum now that legit purchases are n kw being taken.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it ever happens again, I hope they just do a roll back next time. Just pull the plug, turn everything off for 30 / 45 minutes and roll it all back. Less messy, Less time consuming.
  • Options
    If it ever happens again, I hope they just do a roll back next time. Just pull the plug, turn everything off for 30 / 45 minutes and roll it all back. Less messy, Less time consuming.

Yeah, but this has shown they don't have that capability, either backups only occur at a time that didn't make sense, like if it was almost 24 hours old, or don't actually have a regular daily backup schedule.

It's extremely worrying for potential other issues.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t seen or heard of anything other than dil being taken away, and the amount taken doesn’t seem to be understandable or applied universally.

To be clear - I’m hoping for a solution where they will remove the free dil, or anything that may have been purchased with said free dil, restoring a level field. I am not interested in anyone being punished and I don’t see why we would even need to go down that route.

Once the issue is resolved in DB’s eyes with an official update, which describes the process and specifics for resolution, I expect all players (even those not exposed to the bugged packs) to receive compensation via an in game message.

Otherwise, the option to approach your App Store provider exists, and I believe some have already received full purchase refunds from the last 12 months, based on the accidental/bugged
    Giveaway and lack of updates on how it is actually being resolved. I’m reticent to go down that route until DB have had a fair chance to look into the matter properly and I’m still hopeful of a fair outcome.

It does bother me that a game pause and ‘rollback to last backup’ hasn’t been considered, but if they were a) able and b) willing to take that option, it would have been done before now (before purchases were made over the weekend and before people grind away at levelling crew) in order to keep the back-fill work of refunds and unique chain-of-events circumstances down to a minimum. It’s fairly clear this wont happen now, several days on.
  • Options
    I think they took more dil from me than they should have, but I'm so disgusted with CS in general after weeks of back and forth where they're claiming bugs don't exist or are intentional design elements I may never spend another penny on this game anyway.

Also, I've heard people claiming that they lost crew slots and the like from purchases. And nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has said CS contacted them to "individually" work with them.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farnsworth wrote: »
    I think they took more dil from me than they should have, but I'm so disgusted with CS in general after weeks of back and forth where they're claiming bugs don't exist or are intentional design elements I may never spend another penny on this game anyway.

Also, I've heard people claiming that they lost crew slots and the like from purchases. And nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has said CS contacted them to "individually" work with them.

I've heard of plenty of people having individual dialogs with CS.
  • Options

Though some of those were emails saying "hey so here's what we took."
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will clarify a few things:
    - there will not be a global compensation for this. The number of players having used the bugged pack is negligible compared to the whole playerbase
    - the players affected have all received a preliminary email explaining what would happen to correct the situation
    - when CS needs to manually intervene further, the details of what has been done are communicated via a ticket to which you can reply to

If you have concerns about your account, please submit a ticket. The goal is to work with you.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    - there will not be a global compensation for this. The number of players having used the bugged pack is negligible compared to the whole playerbase
    - the players affected have all received a preliminary email explaining what would happen to correct the situation
    - when CS needs to manually intervene further, the details of what has been done are communicated via a ticket to which you can reply to

If you have concerns about your account, please submit a ticket. The goal is to work with you.

Shan - can you explain, at least, why a roll back wasn't performed? Is it not possible for you guys to do?
  • Options

But who initiated the contact?

Doesn't matter, though. This is one giant Charlie Fox of a situation.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Shan - can you explain, at least, why a roll back wasn't performed? Is it not possible for you guys to do?

That option was not available.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless DB does a snapshot/full backup right at 12pm EDT, which would take maybe an hour for a database their size anyway, you can't roll back to a feasible time.

IT backups are also one of the most expensive expenditures , and I don't see DB investing that much money in backups. they would make 0 money, even lose money daily. They probably keep it simple. a full backup once a week, with differential/incremental backups each night.

To roll back to something there, you'd have to restore the full backup, then the incrementals, or one differential, and then replay thousands of transaction logs. The game would be down for 8-12 hours while this happens.

It's just not feasible/realistic, nor do i believe they really have the staff in house to do this. It's all hosted up in AWS anyway, so you'd be at the whim of an AWS tech doing this, which would be, by no means, fast/reliable.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I’m sorry, but I think the ramifications of this broken pack are being ignored.

A portion of the player base are keeping purchases made with hundreds of thousands of dilithium given away by accident. This isn’t like you’re letting people keep a free chocolate bar or something, you’re letting the ‘lucky few’ get away with hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars and in doing so completely removing the value of most, if not all, of my previous purchases.

If there was only a weekly backup that could be used and even if it takes several days, that’s better than leaving things in this current mess.
  • Options
    I’m sorry, but I think the ramifications of this broken pack are being ignored.

A portion of the player base are keeping purchases made with hundreds of thousands of dilithium given away by accident. This isn’t like you’re letting people keep a free chocolate bar or something, you’re letting the ‘lucky few’ get away hundreds if not thousands of dollars and in doing so completely removing the value of most, if not all, of my previous purchases.

If there was only a weekly backup that could be used and even if it takes several days, that’s better than leaving things in this current mess.

They aren't "letting" anyone keep anything.

If you don't have the dil anymore, they'll take something else. I guarantee it.
  • Options

That’s not what I’m hearing from friends and fleet mates. Differing amounts of dil are being removed, but nobody I know has had any purchased crew, slots or items taken back.

And DB are refusing to confirm exactly what the deal is - only saying they’re working with people on a case by case.
  • Options

That’s not what I’m hearing from friends and fleet mates. Differing amounts of dil are being removed, but nobody I know has had any purchased crew, slots or items taken back.

And DB are refusing to confirm exactly what the deal is - only saying they’re working with people on a case by case.

From what I've seen, only direct correspondence after adjustment comes from Shan. It's almost like they are making her clean up someone else's mess by herself, while also managing the bickering and complaining about it.

There have been people adjusted but without a summary email, so either they aren't done yet, or other folks aren't leaving a Dear John letter like Shan is.

I'm guessing Shan has strict directives on what she can and can't release, and directives on what they consider "fair".

But by all means keep demanding things she said she could not release. Will slow the process from 3-4 accounts a day to 2-3.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    More clarifications:
    - these cases will be handled by Player Support, I have helped and might help again if my bandwidth allows it
    - it is a slow process, it is being worked on as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    But by all means keep demanding things she said she could not release. Will slow the process from 3-4 accounts a day to 2-3.

I don’t think that’s really that fair.

Yes, we keep asking, because we haven’t seen a transparent and detailed enough response from DB. Only snippets from Shan.

We are all affected players at present. Those that have more dil or items than they should and those that don’t and are having their past purchases devalued.
  • Options
    It's great to hear that DB is so zealous for fairness. Surely this means that all of the crew, honor, gear, chrons, etc. from the $5 DYS exploit, the one from when voyages came out where you could get dozens of crew from a single dilemma, etc., will also be clawed back. When can we expect that?
    <TGE> The Gluten Empire
  • Options
    60 of 9 {DD}60 of 9 {DD} ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Which is precisely why, after two years, and yet another (but assuredly the last) cold smack in the face, some of us have now chosen the nuclear option. <snip> ˜Shan I gathered that I wasn't really being heard and that DB wasn't terribly interested in listening.

Google Support Inquiry case number established. It's been error, after error, after DEV mistake - which none of them have never been corrected with any rhyme or reason, if at all in some instances. There are so many examples of blatant disregard from the DEVS around everything from fair advertising to player adherence to the TOS (i.e., cheating!), and just about everything in between. So, enough has become enough. This most recent episode is just the crowning jewel.

Hope you guys weather the storm in here, but I can't hold my breath anymore.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK as this is turning the way of the previous thread on this subject, I am closing it.
This discussion has been closed.