Home The Bridge
Options

Give me something to look forward to other than events!

So I am finding things in STT very stale lately. Other than weekly events and new crew, there's just nothing to look forward in playing right now. Skirmish events aren't very interesting so far since they combine the worst parts of galaxy and expedition events, and skirmish events are the only thing new introduced since collections I believe. We'll see how this full skirmish goes this week.

There were vague promises a couple months ago about new content from Erin but nothing has happened since with not even an announcement.

I don't have specific suggestions, that's DB's job, I just want more content than just weekly events and crew.

Comments

• Options
    +1 Honestly, I have been holding on for that "new content," we were promised. But, if it comes with the QA governor system turned off (which we all know that it will), it'll just be a whole 'nother month of bugs/tickets/ignoring of those tickets/etc...
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to the Gargarin Belt?
  • Options
    Sybok MKIISybok MKII ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Skirmish are repetitive, but less boring than Expedition, and most of all they are the most remunerative kind of event by now, as far as they don't change the loot table.

My two cents!

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another chapter would be nice. Monday deals are probably nice for spenders. Wednesdays the event details are announced and we can prepare for events. Then the event runs Thursday thru Monday (in my time zone). That leaves Tuesdays a little boring.

I would like to see something on Tuesdays. Maybe a retro day where they offer some older crew that players might have missed. They did a half price thing for Augment Picard a while back it wouldn't hurt my feelings if that became a regular thing. I would recommend a free pull so the free players don't get left out. As a newer player (less than four months), it would give me a chance to catch up. Long time players would have another chance at something they missed.

Another idea is reducing space battles costs on Tuesday. They're already a less effective way to farm gear. Making them more appealing one day a week might freshen things up a little.

They could even do Random Tuesdays and mix the two ideas above with other ideas to give players something to look forward to on Tuesdays.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Irial wrote: »
    Skirmish events aren't very interesting so far since they combine the worst parts of galaxy and expedition events

Perhaps you were referring to something else, but I thought what players considered to be the worst part of Galaxy Events is that they consume your Items (i.e., Components/Equipment), and Skirmish Events definitely do not have this feature, as you get to keep all of the Items you acquire while farming Intel when running Space Missions.

I consider the worst the time consuming, repetitive nature of expedition the worst element and the use of chronitons as worst part of galaxy. But, I remain to be convinced, it's early, I may grow to like skirmish.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before and I imagine it will keep coming up again and again. The current pace of development of the game is far too slow. There are a lot of aspects of the game to fix and a requirement that they keep expanding the capability of the game. I am worried that we are essentially in pseudo maintenance mode, with only the minimum amount of development necessary to squeeze more money out of us.

They've taken our money and spent it on other games that have failed and now we are reaping the lack of development in their golden goose. My own spending has fallen dramatically in recent months, not because of any one event, but because I'm just not feeling the love from DB right now.
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    An absolute legend has left our fleet today. He’d amassed a crew anyone would be proud of. He stated that he was so disgruntled with DB’s money grabbing, lack of value and development that he didn’t feel it was worth playing anymore.
  • Options
    That's too bad, but I'm headed in the same direction. I could fully equip every crew but I'm not only so it's faster and easier to ad-warp missions and to replicate items. I can essentially level any crew in 5 minutes, just did Okona without a sweat.

I just want new things to do, even a little, throw me a bone over here, DB!
  • Options
    Our fleet has also experienced players leaving recently because of being tired and the staleness of the game itself..if they dont shake things up fast fleets will be dismantled .we ve lost more long time fleet members in the past week than in a year
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has taken a toll on my fleet in the last few weeks as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I know there's daily Cadet Challenges, but it would be neat if they could integrate something like the semi-occurring events in Galaxy of Heroes (Credit Heist, Droid Smuggling, etc.) where you can earn some extra goodies, like trainers, credits, premium pulls, an extra Dabo spin, etc.

Maybe something like featured faction shuttles, ten rounds of galaxy crafting, or a single hard tier of an expedition map for extra goodies, just to break up the monotony.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember the last Q&A right the next more massive update will first come in 2019. What "worries" me more right now are little details or "lack of care" for them: The DS9 mega is over since 3 weeks. And we still have the loading screen of it. And at least such things could be changed in a heartbeat...
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez, players are spoiled. When this game started, there were no fleets, no Gauntlet, no pvp ship battles, no freezer, no collections, no voyages, and the cadet challenges were different (if I remember right), and I can't recall about weekly events, but I don't think they're like now. It was very, very hard to gather Chronitons and merits. Now its a breeze. Thank you DB for all the additions!😙

The whole point of a game is to have fun. If the game turns into a grind-fest because there's no new content it becomes not fun. That's why every digital game HAS to come out with new content or your players leave for something that excites them.

If I'm remembering correctly we've had 2 major new features in 2018. First was collections back in February and the second was the Skirmish event type. That's pretty bad considering this game is only about 2.5 years old. Before this the previous major content update was September 2017 with Voyages.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    What! There are players that want constant improvements and actual value for their time and money from a modern game. Well I never thought I’d see that day come. How selfish some people can be. I’m glad there are such good kind souls with low expectations to show them the light and give them a good what for. Somebody pass the rum, after that enlightenment I just need to get drunk and have a good cry.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Nothing more annoying than people putting others down for sharing their complaints and opinions - especially when they are trying to make positive changes in their mind. That is after all the power consumers have to make changes. If you don't find a need to change the game, fine. Say that. But don't insult and ridicule those who do.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep saying there should be easter egg hunts in the star chart to find cool stuff, or unlock the worlds/places that are on there that we can't go...

Absolutely! Imagine, for example, them letting out that a certain combination of ship+crew, visiting a specific (unknown, of course) selection of planets (or perhaps playing through a specific selection of away missions) in a specific order, would unlock a special easter egg (and not just a few simple steps that would be easy for someone to accidentally stumble upon)... thousands of players would devote extra time to trying to figure it out. (And having players stay in-game for longer seems to be something that would benefit DB, as an extra perk.)

It would, of course, take a lot of planning and coding to do something like this, but I think having multiple hidden easter eggs would go a long way towards maintaining a level of interest, for us folks who have been playing the game awhile.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    What! There are players that want constant improvements and actual value for their time and money from a modern game. Well I never thought I’d see that day come. How selfish some people can be. I’m glad there are such good kind souls with low expectations to show them the light and give them a good what for. Somebody pass the rum, after that enlightenment I just need to get drunk and have a good cry.

rdi7g3inzgl4.jpg
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    I keep saying there should be easter egg hunts in the star chart to find cool stuff, or unlock the worlds/places that are on there that we can't go...

I was thinking the same thing the other night as I was exploring around the galaxy map.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cleaned this thread a bit.
    Agree to disagree in a non confrontational way or just ignore each other, it is that simple.
  • Options
    Thanks Shan.

I was trying to avoid being specific about what to change, that's up to DB, but my point is simple Veteran players have nothing and I mean nothing, to do in this game except weekly events.

I appreciate a major new gameplay element such as voyages and gauntlet take time to develop.
    New collections, achievements, fleet rank rewards, new starbase rooms, and even a new episode/distress call, aren't very time consuming. I think there should be a steady stream of these kind of 'new' elements to tide us over between either new gameplay or tweaks to existing (I think gauntlet and dabo are due for change, both are unchanged since their introduction)
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes, this game's formula gets boring very quickly. If it's not Star Trek I wouldn't be even interested in Timelines. There is only one recipe to make it more compelling: much less randomness, much more human skill/touch/intuition. Until that happens STT is nothing more than few taps here and there in span of a week for me. DB, give me feel my defeat was caused by my mistake not by some random digital hiccup.