Home The Bridge
Options

Kahless is worth $332.66

DB just offered me 1.500 Honor for only $4.99. A "special" limited time offer. According to math, this means I would have to spend $332.66 to purchase enough honor for Kahless.

I wonder what DB means by "special"........

Comments

• Options
    Sadly that’s not even FF.
  • Options
    That's a whole lot of carrot sticks.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I earned 1000 honor from my last voyage and spent nothing. Does that mean he costs nothing?

Silly comparisons are silly. Lots of honor and even some DIL come at extremely low or negligible costs. Extrapolating one price rate for honor and extrapolating it out is just wrong.
  • Options
    Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Dang, I clicked on this right away thinking it was a great deal. A FF Kahless for only 332.66, but NO! I was mislead. Only for a 1/5 Kahless. Darn you for getting my hopes up! :D
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    DB just offered me 1.500 Honor for only $4.99. A "special" limited time offer. According to math, this means I would have to spend $332.66 to purchase enough honor for Kahless.

...and just to mess with you further you can only buy the deal once...bwah ha ha
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Egad, you mean pixels that can’t be used anywhere else aren’t worth a good sized car payment. Agnes, get my coat , we are leaving, I’ve been duped.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    And never mind how poor the honor exchange is when you are looking at that.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Wow is that messed up! My recent STT cost translation puts a Kahless FF worth US$64.81, or 437.5 Dils

That is of course, if you could purchase honor directly, which you can't.

ab3c084oeiqb.jpg

*Note: This chart was made in March 2018, EURO and GBP have increased in value since then, so there is a slight variance between real world monies.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, but if you spend VERY little money and let things accumulate, then he's free LOL
  • Options
    RabbRabb ✭✭
    Wow is that messed up! My recent STT cost translation puts a Kahless FF worth US$64.81, or 437.5 Dils

That is of course, if you could purchase honor directly, which you can't.

ab3c084oeiqb.jpg

*Note: This chart was made in March 2018, EURO and GBP have increased in value since then, so there is a slight variance between real world monies.

Surely the Dil and Chron conversions are wrong in monetary conversion section there. 500 Dil for 6.75 means about 74 per dollar, and 150 chrons would convert to 22.22 per dollar. Or did I read it wrong? Its all too expensive anyway, but they accept that its just for whales.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The honor offers are awful. A measly 1500? A different one (with chrons) a measly 2000 honor? I can’t do anything with that.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on this offer, I claimed $6.66 for winning my first Gauntlet tonight. Somehow, that number seems appropriate. 😈
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, you're missing the real prize here! Stargazer Picard for 12 bucks!

But for me he was free. I used those first 3500 honor they gave us when the hall first opened
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

But for me he was free. I used those first 3500 honor they gave us when the hall first opened

With depreciation, you could probably get like $3.50 for him!
  • Options
    Ah, but if you spend VERY little money and let things accumulate, then he's free LOL

6c4wuc5bh68y.jpg

I just keep saving away.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Fully fused Kahless is worth 5 and a half fully fused voyage only crew. Or practically all 6 if you get Guinan from the dilemma achievements. So that's the value of the voyage only crew as well.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Cost is relative. There is no way I could spend that kind of $$ but on the other hand, if that amount is unimportant to you and it is something you want then go for it.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

10 packs for $10.
    1 pack = ~5 3* and 1 4* = 700 honor
    10 packs = 7000 honor.

So for twice the money you get 4.7 times the honor.

It amazes me how poor the honor offers are compared with portal offers. And that ignores the chance of a portal providing a new crew that you would rather keep. That's the straight all honor pack that we complain about.

I really can't imagine why anyone buys that honor offer.

False, with my luck I'd get straight ship schematics.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭

6c4wuc5bh68y.jpg

I just keep saving away.

Keep saving!
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭

wn1wfde5mwwh.jpg
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

wn1wfde5mwwh.jpg

Rats...beat me to it.