Home The Bridge
Options

Is 50 chronitons for 150 dilithium a good deal?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
I've only been playing for a few months and bought two monthly cards so far. I want to see how experienced players view spending dilithium for chronitons.
Farewell 🖖

Is 50 chronitons for 150 dilithium a good deal? 129 votes

Good deal
0%
<TGE> Clifford 1 vote
Bad deal
99%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Rabb[7TW] UnkieBizausomePeachtree Rex<TGE> DangerDrakeAviTrekCaptain_Who[KM]VidemKnight RangerCaptainUnderpantsSSR BarkleyWaldoMagSabine of AthensCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAM[SSR] The Iron CowData1001guest_7456Pa 128 votes

Comments

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    I can't even believe that is still around since Voyages gets you FREE chrons all day if you keep at it. Plus the Starbase bonuses...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    I only do that in VERY desperate situations. Like a galaxy event is ending and my voyage won't get back in time and I'm still trying to get the last threshold reward.
  • Options
    Bad deal
    I never thought of that, @Navarch so thank you. With some missions costing 24 chronitons, I've never used dilithium for chronitons. It didn't seem worth it and the M/W/F cadet tip definitely confirms it.

I sure hope someone from DB sees your post and reconsiders that part of the game economy.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    I sure hope someone from DB sees your post and reconsiders that part of the game economy.

"Bad deals" like that are here to stay. One only needs to look at some of the ridiculous prices for things in the Faction Centers every day. They probably make enough from the few players who are desperate enough (or clueless enough) to buy them, that they make sense to keep them around.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Bad deal
    Thanks for the perspective, @eXo | Frank . I used to play a similar game that sold the equivalent of 60 chronitons for 50 dilithium. And the highest cost level was 12. That was another factor in asking this community. My old game had half price sales from time to time and I bought the deal 6 to 8 times a day. Seems like a missed opportunity here, but... You're probably right about the few who still buy it. Thanks again for the perspective, as depressing as it is.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bad deal
    Is 50 chronitons for 150 dilithium a good deal?

Those numbers should be reversed. 50 dilithium for 150 chronitons.
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    It’s a fantastic deal, for DB
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Bad deal
    In my opinion this game offers no good deals and the one you mentioned is particularly bad. The only one I could consider close to honest is Monthly Card. I sincerely and strongly advise anyone who ask for my opinion not to spend money on STT at its current shape.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's terrible. If I really REALLY need chrons I might be tempted to buy extra cadet tickets on a MWF, but I never have. I've bought extra cadet tickets on a Thursday as once I didn't have enough time boosts.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    Very few things are worth dilithium.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Bad deal
    In my opinion this game offers no good deals and the one you mentioned is particularly bad. The only one I could consider close to honest is Monthly Card. I sincerely and strongly advise anyone who ask for my opinion not to spend money on STT at its current shape.

I am happy that this is not the opinion of everyone. If no one would spend money on this game there would be no game.........................

But I agree that this is a terrible deal.
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Bad deal

I am happy that this is not the opinion of everyone. If no one would spend money on this game there would be no game.........................

...or we could have a game actually compelling. You never know...
  • Options
    Bad deal
    Well, if you're talking about their cash value, the 50 Chrons are worth about $1.39, the 150 Dilithuim is about $1.65. So, still, bad deal.
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Bad deal
    Totally a bad deal. What is worse is the price of Dil to get 50 chrons goes up each time you purchase it. Even Crazier is the fact DB gives you more times to buy them at a higher VIP level like they are rewarding you...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Bad deal
    Hell no. Terrible deal.
    star-trek-gif-7.gif
    giphy.gif
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    I only do that in VERY desperate situations. Like a galaxy event is ending and my voyage won't get back in time and I'm still trying to get the last threshold reward.

Just make sure your not better off using dil. to get your voyage home immediately.

• Options
    Bad deal
    97 : 0 , bad deal
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good deal
    ignore me, i accidentally hit vote when I wasn't looking
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Bad deal

I hate touch screens. You do not actually have to hit 5he screen to have it take it as a click. You just have to be close. if you have a static charge, you do not have to be that close.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I hate touch screens. You do not actually have to hit 5he screen to have it take it as a click. You just have to be close. if you have a static charge, you do not have to be that close.

That's right. Autocorrect can go straight to he'll.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    WaldoMag wrote: »

That's right. Autocorrect can go straight to he'll.

Stupid autocucumber.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad deal
    I've only been playing for a few months and bought two monthly cards so far. I want to see how experienced players view spending dilithium for chronitons.

Buying the extra six Cadets on Mon?Wed/Fri gives you 150 Chronitona for 150 Dilithium. So, one third of that is a bad deal.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?