Home The Bridge
Options

To alleviate the Staleness of STT...

Would you rather have:
I want to become a Dilionaire...

To alleviate the Staleness of STT... 129 votes

An "Easter Egg Hunt" around the galaxy map for hidden objects to unlock certain planets we currently do not have access to to get a "bonus" mission of some sort
28%
Warrior WilloProsserData1001eXo | das411 William T. Rikerehmiga[QH] OxmyxFletcher ChristianHaBlack[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinPallidyneCommander SinclairGordon FreemanAggeBeratis Kesla Redjaccthulhu1592CFOHSilverknightJax2UFMirrorMartigansexy_lady 37 votes
Completely revamped Arena to include Fleet vs. Fleet with 2-5 ships in a battle at a time
18%
[DC] MerwinianAviTrekCaptain_Who[KM]VidemCaptain TF[NDQ] Joker41NAMNick the friendly ex borgMcCaptainface[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerHungry Dog DDM(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]MOZangelesSD(10F)GeekgirlMoogie's Favorite Sybok MKIIshahekee[PAaA] Admiral SpearThurthorad[UFP] DazzerveX 24 votes
Just another Episode
34%
ADM Fletcher [ET]XanatharPaCaptain LostNad HalJim RaynorTasker[TLA]  84wbCapt Ajamm[SSR]TrollhammerenHassinatorRennJaxoLeshykvafyJayBeezy[CFOH] Earl Grey[S47] ELiLTcalOdo MarmarosaHesham 45 votes
Leave it just the way it is
4%
Zombie Squirrel Neos472KaiRoDarth Grandpa[GoT] Unsober ShimodaTheJaneWay 6 votes
Other – what's your idea?
13%
BigstupidgrinJim SteeleCaptain QRNGeverythingBanjo1012(HGH)ApolloFarnsworthSunshineRiker[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieGhostStalkerIronagedavemejoyh[AR-UNI] General AbreYankee TraderIshmael MarxPoljestergenie 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    A social, no-dil-or-merit game/tournament like a galaxy-wide Fizzbin tourney. Play for free, win credits.

Also, make the gauntlet an event and eliminate it from daily play, change the Arena to the Skirmish event type (eliminating the Skirmish events, sorry for those that like them) so we have to actually think about our crews and such as we climb the ladder, and a few other sundry changes I'd make. I'd mention them but I'll leave it here. :smile:
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another Episode
    I like adding more episodes and distress calls and challenges.

With power creep, they could even add a fourth difficulty level to all existing missions.

What about episodes/missions that require full squad and/or fleet participation? Get your squad/fleet mates more involved in team play during the non-event time.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farnsworth wrote: »
    A social, no-dil-or-merit game/tournament like a galaxy-wide Fizzbin tourney. Play for free, win credits.

Also, make the gauntlet an event and eliminate it from daily play, change the Arena to the Skirmish event type (eliminating the Skirmish events, sorry for those that like them) so we have to actually think about our crews and such as we climb the ladder, and a few other sundry changes I'd make. I'd mention them but I'll leave it here. :smile:

I like your idea of mini tournaments. One day events in this manner would be really cool. It would give many more people the experience of ranking high in an event, winning tournaments, and just overall more excited reason to play on those lazy Tuesdays. Every Tuesday would be perfect. Start at 11:00 AM end at 11:00 AM Wednesday. That’s the only day it wouldn’t interfere with an event.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I would like to see a way to exchange event rewards for something else. Some events have rewards and crew I dont want. But if I could exchange a legendary I dont want for a random legendary or a super rare I dont want for a random super rare it would be so much fun. Also I would like to see db boost the stats some for the old crew. Not to the lvl of new crew but somewhere between. On the two year or one year anniversary of the month when crew were introduced boost their stats and make a production about it. It would give us something for us long players to look forward to. I have very old legendaries with terrible stats and it would be so much fun to see their stats boost and to anticipate when it was coming and what the boosts would be. Also I would like to see synergy put into the game. If you use crew all from the same series or the same collection then you get a slight shuttle or voyage boost.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    honestly i have no idea..... i have lost a lot of interest and have been on and off with this game. Many old players in my fleet retired and left the game.

more stuff in game means players have to spend more time. I definitely dont want that. i did spend many hours on weekend before but no more..

frustrating gauntlet, rewards, duplicates pull, etc that ppl have mentioned in the forums. DB should prob start addressing those first...
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    DB should take a page out of STTNG "The Chase" and the movie "Ready Player One". Make it a month-long event where fleets can play if they want to at their leisure. Make the puzzles more cerebral so it isn't like "just another mindless clicking" game.

The game can end when someone solves the series of puzzles to reach the intended outcome or it can go on until the end of the month. The latter will allow everyone to "win".

Method of play should involve everything from planetary travel (to discover and solve clues) to ship battles (fight for relics), to finding and buying special items in various markets (needed to trade for or assemble special relics).

This is a rough draft, to be updated as ideas evolve.

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    The development of mini-games like Kal'toh or Strategema which can earn us honour, but credits is cool too.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The development of mini-games like Kal'toh or Strategema which can earn us honour, but credits is cool too.

Ooooo Strategema. I like that idea. Or space chess. Or Parises Squares (I’m sure that’s spelled wrong).

• Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I play this game rarely and only because it's based on Star Trek. I wouldn't touch any other DB's game with a mile long stick. You have to understand one simple thing about it. Timelines staleness is deeply built-in in its core because its paradigm is almost entirely based on randomness. Any change potent to alleviate this pain would have to break RNG only paradigm, would have to add another factors to the equation, another than RNG. In every compelling game you lose because you make mistake. In Timelines you lose just because, without any reasonable cause. It doesn't really matter how you reiterate RNG only paradigm. This game is boring and will be boring for a long or even medium run as long as randomness is the only driving factor.
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    My deepest grievance is with gauntlet... a RNG based minigame with a RNG based prize (a very desirable one at that!), but a change in gauntlet would only alleviate my frustration not the staleness. To combat that the treasure hunt that Captain Q sugests is an amazing idea!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    An "Easter Egg Hunt" around the galaxy map for hidden objects to unlock certain planets we currently do not have access to to get a "bonus" mission of some sort
    Fizzbin! I love it!

Obtainable when you orbit Beta Antares IV, with Gangster Kirk & Spock on the bridge. And of course, you have to play on Tuesdays to get the extra card face up!

Watch out for the Kronk! :D
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fizzbin! I love it!

Obtainable when you orbit Beta Antares IV, with Gangster Kirk & Spock on the bridge. And of course, you have to play on Tuesdays to get the extra card face up!

Watch out for the Kronk! :D

Where there's a Kronk there's an Yzma......
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it just the way it is
    Just leave all as it is, and don t mess around with the already slobby coding and glitchy game.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, who said it was stale?

Second, here's my suggestion: Instead of once or twice a week random offers we probably don't want, give us a daily selection of offers to choose from. Three, perhaps, with the option to buy all of them.

If every day there was a chance of seeing an offer I really wanted, in my case something at the $10 range, I'd be happy.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I also like the idea of more easter Eggs too! especially a hunt for the doomsday machine would be good. A 3D chess game would be another possibility as well as a Kal-toh game.

But I posted an idea a while back on how to make more use of all the ships and combine a lot of existing formats of gameplay:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2988/idea-feature-request-assignment-operations

Which I still would like to come to fruition, but I doubt it will.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like another episode, but an Easter egg hunt and minigames/tournaments would also be appreciated.
  • Options
    Just leave all as it is, and don t mess around with the already slobby coding and glitchy game.

It's only glitchy if you're using Microsloth. ;)
  • Options
    [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'd like to see an opportunity for fleets to work together on something other than the Starbase. A long time ago myself and others were talking about how cool it would be to have a 'raid' type event where your fleets armada could defend Earth from a Borg cube attack for example.

Another thought I have is that rather than just collections it would be nice to improve your own bonuses etc by training at Starfleet academy. You would play mini games such as a shuttle simulator or just a memory test thing like the glyphs in Ingress. The point being that YOU are working on an achievement not your crew.

I would add by the way that even as a day one player I don't find the game to be that stale - it's remarkable that a mobile game lasts this long and I've enjoyed the additions such as collections and skirmishes. Voyages have even made Galaxy events tolerable! I think a lot of the time the players who've run out of things to do have accelerated their progress too much with Dilithium and no matter what DB adds that spending will continue to have that effect.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see DB include more content from the trek books and comics.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just another Episode
    I like your e egg idea, but 1 or 2 more distress calls would be cool also; or a new episode. I finished the Klingon distress call the day it came out, and I was only a lowly lvl 50 then, lol. Maybe they could include your e egg idea into a new episode?
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Just another Episode
    I'd like to see an opportunity for fleets to work together on something other than the Starbase. A long time ago myself and others were talking about how cool it would be to have a 'raid' type event where your fleets armada could defend Earth from a Borg cube attack for example.

Another thought I have is that rather than just collections it would be nice to improve your own bonuses etc by training at Starfleet academy. You would play mini games such as a shuttle simulator or just a memory test thing like the glyphs in Ingress. The point being that YOU are working on an achievement not your crew.

I would add by the way that even as a day one player I don't find the game to be that stale - it's remarkable that a mobile game lasts this long and I've enjoyed the additions such as collections and skirmishes. Voyages have even made Galaxy events tolerable! I think a lot of the time the players who've run out of things to do have accelerated their progress too much with Dilithium and no matter what DB adds that spending will continue to have that effect.

That Starfleet Academy suggestion is really good 👍. They could gear it towards newer and "middle" players to help them out, maybe. And for the higher level players, they could create some special Starfleet commando training missions, that would only be unlocked after reaching a certain lvl, geared towards using 4 and 5 * characters.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Well my point was to take crew out of the equation so that it's not another pay to win but uses actual skill
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Just another Episode
    i love the game as is, but Fizzbin sounds *GREAT*! (just something silly and fun to do, maybe choose players from among your crew, and rules are determined by traits?)

Another episode would be nice, especially if we can farm some other items, like things that are currently faction-only.

Just keep STT alive and i will be happy with it.
  • Options

I never thought the game was stale, I have just been seeing a lot of people post that they think it is lately, so I was trying out some ideas to refresh & boost already good play.

I love the academy idea, and to take that one step further, how about an actual Kobyashi Maru Simulation? You pick a starship & bridge crew and see if you can win the simulation based on a mission like a Away Team Episode format choosing different paths, then shows you the battle outcome in a video and "Success" or "Fail". Maybe we could earn "Voyage Rewards" for this?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

I never thought the game was stale, I have just been seeing a lot of people post that they think it is lately, so I was trying out some ideas to refresh & boost already good play.

I love the academy idea, and to take that one step further, how about an actual Kobyashi Maru Simulation? You pick a starship & bridge crew and see if you can win the simulation based on a mission like a Away Team Episode format choosing different paths, then shows you the battle outcome in a video and "Success" or "Fail". Maybe we could earn "Voyage Rewards" for this?

Ooooo. Kobayashi Maru. Love it. This has potential. It could also be a succession of ship battles that get progressively more difficult until you finally lose. That way it's a "no-win scenario". But you get rewards for each victory on the way to your final loss.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could use the Scan Feature (and like the Kitaran Game) drop some unique (and otherwise unproductive items) as suggested here
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I like fizzbin for obvious reasons, along those lines an event based around the episode piece of the action would be awesome. If that were to ever occur I’d have to reopen my long closed wallet. But until then the hunt sounds like a great idea.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just another Episode
    I decided to vote for what's most likely that we can get out of DB
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, all of the above would help.

After all stt is a card collection game, there isn't much content beyond collecting cards.

I'd like to see improved voyages with new text/dillemas, ship battles that were more strategic and less about cloak and hit all the attack buttons, gauntlet is a pain when your 45% or 65% crit character gets beaten by fake guns Picard 99% of the time.

FF beholds means that I don't buy any offer packs anymore.

Pick an existing problem and fix it rather than some new content thats bugged and gets forgotten about to milk the next person for cash
    DB: Do Better