Home Ready Room
Options

Stats calculation

AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone confirm to me how combined stats are calculated. I was under the impression that a "combined" stat was the base + average proficiency.
However, when I filter my crew, the crew at the top of the list isn't always the best under that formula.
E.g. enemy lines Sisko: CMD 745(196-514) should have a combined stat of 1100.
EV Archer: CMD 820(141-431) should have a combined stat of 1106.
However, Sisko is placed higher up the list than Archer when CMD is filtered by combined stat.

So my question is: is combined stat calculated differently? Or is this a bug? Or was it never the case that list position during filters means anything?
Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266

Comments

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Aldude wrote: »
    Can someone confirm to me how combined stats are calculated. I was under the impression that a "combined" stat was the base + average proficiency.
    However, when I filter my crew, the crew at the top of the list isn't always the best under that formula.
    However, Sisko is placed higher up the list than Archer when CMD is filtered by combined stat.

So my question is: is combined stat calculated differently? Or is this a bug? Or was it never the case that list position during filters means anything?
    IIRC in-game crew sorting by skill uses sum of base + max roll for Combined. As in maximum that character can hit. So 1259 and 1251 for your examples.

That such sorting is mostly useless except for "you can THEORETICALLY hit this node with this character... practically it would take you like a month" - oh, well...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    Aldude wrote: »

IIRC in-game crew sorting by skill uses sum of base + max roll for Combined. As in maximum that character can hit. So 1259 and 1251 for your examples.

That such sorting is mostly useless except for "you can THEORETICALLY hit this node with this character... practically it would take you like a month" - oh, well...

I will add one thing to this: I believe it will take into account min proficiency rolls as well if there is a tie. Example (with my starbase and collections bonuses...I am on my phone right now):

Crell Moset
    Base: 1091
    Min prof: 278
    Max prof: 702
    Max combined: 1793

Prisoner Cornwell
    Base: 1293
    Min prof: 170
    Max prof: 500

Yet Crell Moset always is sorted ahead of Cornwell when looking at combined MED scores in the main crew list (although Cornwell’s higher secondary skills consistently put her above Moset in the voyage crew selection screen under MED and DIP). It could be that the secondary sorting characteristic is something other than min proficiency but I don’t think it is purely random after base+max or I would think they would randomly switch places.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Yet Crell Moset always is sorted ahead of Cornwell when looking at combined MED scores in the main crew list (although Cornwell’s higher secondary skills consistently put her above Moset in the voyage crew selection screen under MED and DIP). It could be that the secondary sorting characteristic is something other than min proficiency but I don’t think it is purely random after base+max or I would think they would randomly switch places.
    Or it could be just that Crell start on C and Prisoner start on P...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    Or it could be just that Crell start on C and Prisoner start on P...

Yup.
    I will add one thing to this: I believe it will take into account min proficiency rolls as well if there is a tie. Example (with my starbase and collections bonuses...I am on my phone right now):

Crell Moset
    Base: 1091
    Min prof: 278
    Max prof: 702

Prisoner Cornwell
    Base: 1293
    Min prof: 170
    Max prof: 500