Home The Bridge
Options

Mambo Picard, basically the same as Enterprise E Picard but doing something different?

Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in The Bridge
Given the back story of Star Trek Timelines in that these duplicate versions of crew have come through the temporal and become part of mixed up crews,
shouldn’t they stop their actions at that point of joining the timeline?
They can’t go on dancing etc. while functioning as a crew member.
Granted it’s a novelty that they are different to other versions of themselves, but when there are yet generic versions of themselves still waiting to be added to the game, surely DB aren’t out of ideas this early on in development.

Mambo Picard is basically Enterprise E Picard. After coming through the Temporal Anomaly he’d stop dancing & become Enterprise E Picard again? Right?
mk449v0gou0r.jpeg

Which version of Picard would you of preferred to be added to the game?
Rascals Picard?
gu7h2nsbvuj5.jpeg

Tapestry Picard?
xu2zl6gs5r8b.jpeg

Anti-time Future Picard?
6flu87r14m54.jpg

- Joined game 6th March 2016
- Capt Level 99
- VIP Level 13
- Fleet Admiral [New Black Vipers]
- Starbase Level 134
- Starbase Rooms Completed 15/15
- Crew Slots 295
- Immortalized Crew 639
- Total Crew collected 882/1179
- Crew collections maxed out 7/45
- Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
- Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
- Factions Honored 15/15
- Achievements completed 15/16
- Ships maxed out 53/78

Mambo Picard, basically the same as Enterprise E Picard but doing something different? 75 votes

Rascals Picard
40%
[DSEF] dax0rProsserRocpilescruffy151Jim RaynorGilbertSmith[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinPallidyneHungry Dog DDMPhotonKimcthulhu1592(HGH)ApollogregorytOdo Marmarosaguest_757423444811776Etienne[SSR] BaragashYateballMirror CartmanDavideBooks 30 votes
Tapestry Picard
13%
Captain DurfZombie Squirrel eXo | SilverRose (retired)General McDuckNS111111[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerMirrorMartigan•§ë• Captain TatemCaptain RomarAdmiral Q Baker 10 votes
Anti-Time Future Picard
46%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Warrior WilloXanatharAviTrek[KM]VidemCaptain TF[SSR] The Iron Cow[DB:Do Better] More Tranya! William T. RikerNad Hal[SJ] Admiral AkiLarxeneweatherseed(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]AggePinkyfirstJean-Luc KenobiSybok MKIIcmdrworfSunshineRiker 35 votes
Mambo Picard
0%

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH it's kind of nice to have a strong, film era version of Picard. EE is vastly underpowered due to power creep, and two bases over 1K is pretty fantastic, especially a variant best SCI.

Now, if you'd asked me last week who I would've preferred out of the four, my vote probably would've gone to the Future Picard. But I ain't complaining about what we got.
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    robownage wrote: »
    TBH it's kind of nice to have a strong, film era version of Picard. EE is vastly underpowered due to power creep, and two bases over 1K is pretty fantastic, especially a variant best SCI.

Now, if you'd asked me last week who I would've preferred out of the four, my vote probably would've gone to the Future Picard. But I ain't complaining about what we got.

Don’t get me wrong but DB do get it right the majority of the time but often a crew choice makes me think, really?

When there are so many more appealing crew choices left out there & some of the players collective suggestions are ignored in favour of the mundane & unimaginative.
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    Future Picard, no other choice for me. A favourite episode, and one of the most memorable too.
    Plus as he was an ambassador, with his usual dip score on top and a power creep he should end up with about 2000 dip, haha (plus some minor command and either security, science or wine making).
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    Bluebeard wrote: »
    Future Picard, no other choice for me. A favourite episode, and one of the most memorable too.
    Plus as he was an ambassador, with his usual dip score on top and a power creep he should end up with about 2000 dip, haha (plus some minor command and either security, science or wine making).

Don’t forget to vote
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    I did, isn't it showing up?
  • Options
    Personally, I welcome all versions of Picard, regardless of the temporal repercussions. However, I have advocated for Ambassador Picard AND Rascal Picard as shown in my signature.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    By far, anti time future picard. Anything and everything we can get from "All good things..." I'm happy with. Easily the best finale in all of Star Trek, and one of the best finales in all of TV history.
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    By far, anti time future picard. Anything and everything we can get from "All good things..." I'm happy with. Easily the best finale in all of Star Trek, and one of the best finales in all of TV history.

Seconded
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard

Seconded

Thirded.

I'm a little confused by your initial premise though. Enterprise-E Picard is from "First Contact," and Mambo Picard is from "Insurrection." They are not the same character. Time has passed, and this particular Picard is feeling the effects of being on the Ba'ku planet, which I would argue does change his character, at least for that moment. In the context of this game, that seems more than enough justification for a new character card. It would not have been high on my list for Picards I want to see, but that does not mean it should not exist.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Rascals Picard
    Really, if they offered young Picard, Guinon, and Ro I would really consider spending a little extra to get those cards.... that was a cool episode.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rascals Picard

It was interesting, but in this history of TV Finales, I'd doubt it would make top 50.

• Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    I'm a little confused by your initial premise though. Enterprise-E Picard is from "First Contact," and Mambo Picard is from "Insurrection." They are not the same character. Time has passed, and this particular Picard is feeling the effects of being on the Ba'ku planet, which I would argue does change his character, at least for that moment. In the context of this game, that seems more than enough justification for a new character card. It would not have been high on my list for Picards I want to see, but that does not mean it should not exist.

Given your premise that the time difference defines the traits of the crew then surely
    Insurrection Picard would have been more suited. At least then he'd of had a different outfit to that of the very similar Enterprise E Picard.
    ayp3wc0f3w8d.jpg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rascals Picard

I'll preface this by saying that I don't necessarily disagree... BUT "What You Leave Behind" was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally really good too. It split up a lot of the crew into "moving on with their lives" situations post war time where "All Good Things" just made Picard realize he needed to hang out with the crew more

I would have a really hard time deciding between TNG and DS9 on best finale... I'm a DS9 freak though so maybe I'm biased I dunno
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard

Given your premise that the time difference defines the traits of the crew then surely
    Insurrection Picard would have been more suited. At least then he'd of had a different outfit to that of the very similar Enterprise E Picard.

I don't disagree that that would also make a distinct card. These are not mutually exclusive. I am not arguing that the passage of time is the only determining factor, or even the main one. To take "Rascals" Picard for an example, if Commando Picard or Tortured Picard from "Chain of Command" were to be released also (and they both should), those occurred only four and five episodes after "Rascals." Nobody would argue that those aren't all distinct versions of the character, even though very little time has passed.
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    Pallidyne wrote: »

It was interesting, but in this history of TV Finales, I'd doubt it would make top 50.

It has regularly made "Best Series Finales of all Time" lists, so I don't agree, though I am strongly biased in its favor. At the very least it stands as a worthy mention among great TV finales.

http://ew.com/tv/20-best-tv-series-finales-ever/#13-star-trek-the-next-generation-1987-1994
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rascals Picard
    Pallidyne wrote: »

It has regularly made "Best Series Finales of all Time" lists, so I don't agree, though I am strongly biased in its favor. At the very least it stands as a worthy mention among great TV finales.

http://ew.com/tv/20-best-tv-series-finales-ever/#13-star-trek-the-next-generation-1987-1994

That list has Six Feet Under at #17... that means it gets thrown out the airlock in my opinion.... THAT was the best TV finale ever
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    I don't disagree that that would also make a distinct card. These are not mutually exclusive. I am not arguing that the passage of time is the only determining factor, or even the main one. To take "Rascals" Picard for an example, if Commando Picard or Tortured Picard from "Chain of Command" were to be released also (and they both should), those occurred only four and five episodes after "Rascals." Nobody would argue that those aren't all distinct versions of the character, even though very little time has passed.

You had a point about Commando Picard and Tortured Picard being from the same episode and time wise very much the same person, although I agree they both should be added to the game. But then you lost it when you brought Rascals Picard into the fold. Clearly he is significantly different in almost every way to other Picard's, even if he was in 4 or 5 episodes prior to 'Chain of Command'.

Don't get me started on these 2 crew...
    Just because he's smitten, that makes him 5* and better than a 2* who is basically the same crew pulling a different pose.
    av52ly38kumy.jpg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    Just because he's smitten, that makes him 5* and better than a 2* who is basically the same crew pulling a different pose.
    av52ly38kumy.jpg

And this is a much better example than your original post. Other than its subsequent meme-ification, there really isn't much reason for that card to exist.
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    Data1001 wrote: »
    ulfwo5sk58o0.gif

Sorry Data1001, I just love this meme, had to steel it to my thread.
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    av52ly38kumy.jpg

Oh and these pair as well, honestly baffled...
    n6oqhtpe6hkf.jpg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    Anti-Time Picard is a character I have been waiting for since I started playing, Im really surprised that he’s not in here.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    The bigger question I have is why there is both Enterprise-E Picard and Tommy Gun Dixon, since they are both Picard from First Contact. He simply used the holodeck as a diversion and put on a white jacket for a few minutes, but was E-E Picard before entering the holodeck, and E-Picard after exiting the holodeck a few minutes later.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    av52ly38kumy.jpg

I'd say having an endgame useful version of a popular character in their most iconic look is justification enough for this. The 2* Picard is only good for Cadet Missions if you've been playing the game for awhile, and plenty of people min/max their cadets by getting ride of all non-alien women, anyway. Some people want a version of Picard they can use at endgame who actually LOOKS like Picard, not just Patrick Stewart dressed as a 1930's detective or as Robin Hood or whatever.
    And recognizable versions at 2* are good for new players, too. I'm in favor of all the main cast characters having "standard look" versions at 2* and again at 5*. Give new players somebody iconic and recognizable to play with when they start, and for older players to work towards at end game.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Off My Lawn, I mean ship, Picard is best Picard:
    Crossbow1.jpg
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    ulfwo5sk58o0.gif

Sorry Data1001, I just love this meme, had to steel it to my thread.

Now for some reason, I want a Bobble Head Mambo Picard...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    Another example of a wasted crew choice 🤦🏻‍♂️
    fvess8py2ujn.jpg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    hcjya7fj02d5.gif
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    39tw51q92zud.jpg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Anti-Time Future Picard
    I guess nobody would have voted for Mambo Picard.
    Perhaps DB dropped the ball on this one.
    fvfxq77idgln.jpeg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639