Home Make It So!
Options

Potential Skirmish upgrade

A fleet discussion generated a suggestion that we would like you to give consideration that is a shared ship within each squadron similar to that of a shared crew within Faction events.

We look forward to your reply.

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they would go for this, as it means just one person in your squad would need to buy the new ship for the event and then you'd all get the benefit. Unlike crew, ships don't seem to come back around as "bonuses" for the future, so there's no added incentive to buy the ship.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Same reason you won't get shared crew in Galaxy events - you essentially only need the gold and one of the purples to compete so if DB let's the legend be shared then packs wouldn't sell.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    RaijinmeisterRaijinmeister ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    To me, the best upgrade they would come up with and is reasonable to ask for is community rewards for the skirmish event.

This event is the least pay to win so I'm pretty sure we have a good portion of the community playing it, even past the threshold rewards to rank in better positions.
  • Options
    Here's an idea to improve skirmish events:

Allow event portals (both the crew one with Geordi, Dukat, and Weyoun AND the ship one with the Jem Hadar, Breen Warship, and Breen Command ship) to be part of the RNG reward that you can choose in lieu of repairing your ship inbetween skirmish battles.

DB can even make the chances of the event portals dropping in those RNG rewards extremely low, just like the rare crew portals in the RNG rewards currently are.

Heck, if DB wanted to encourage people to SPEND dilithium on rerolls, there could be a splash screen saying that you COULD win a Interfaced La Forge etc.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    If my Admiral had shared his ship at least one third of my fleet would have been able to handle a higher difficulty tier.
    If I could have shared mine with only my squadron, they all would have cleared thresholds and ranked top 5,000 (assuming everyone else didn't majorly jump in rank for the same reason).
    This idea sounds fun and good, but really it would just turn Skirmishes into a totally broken slugfest between all of the big dogs and make it even worse than Factions.
    Honestly, I had a blast spending a little extra time and Intel looking for strategies my weaker fleet mates could use to win. It became a puzzle and bought me some respect when they realized they did, in fact, have what they needed to beat it to the end using nonstandard tactics.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    If DB wants us to use new ships they should add them as drops. Would encourage additional play and they could drop intel rewards. Ship share would help somewhat but to me what is missing is trying new ships and seeing what works and doesn’t.
  • Options
    One very small improvement would be to add Voyage tokens to the haul. Obviously at the 0.1% drop rate, but would still incentivize to play more.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather seen them thrown into the rewards table as a new tier tbh.