Home Ready Room
Options

MED and ENG Voyages help

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have a good set up for these primary and secondary skills - do you just overload the primary skill on this polarising skill set?

The only MED/ENG crew I can find of use would be
Doctor La Forge, Changeling Bashir, Sarina Douglas, Rianna Mayweather for Purple
and Caretaker, Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, Leonardo Da Vinci, Delta Flyer Paris for legendary.

However a fair amount of them have average voyage stats overall, or the second skill is tertiary for them.

In my roster La Forge and Bashir are under-fused and under levelled, leaving only immortals Douglas and Mayweather and a 2/5 Caretaker at 100 FE.

I have good Med Options with Cornwell, Darth Bashir, and Guinan but then my Engineering suffers as a result.
Anybody got any good tips for this one?

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s my worst combo too. I don’t even worry about crew with both skills. I’ll fill in my top engineers and top doctors, then the rest of the skills with one of each that is high on both skills. Say your filling in your security, I’ll put Dark Ages McCoy in one slot as he is over 1000 for both MED and SEC. I’ll put Aviator Yar in the other slot dice she is over 1000 for ENG and SEC. the rest of the slots I’ll fill in the same way.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will throw my immortalized Doctor La Forge, Sarina Douglas, or Rianna Mayweather onto these voyages alongside my 2/5* Caretaker. But the other slots are set up as Banjo1012, where I will alternate with primary MED or primary ENG and other crew that have tertiary MED or ENG to fill any remaining slots. Such a voyage might look like this:

COM - RAF O’Brien, Grand Nagus Rom
    DIP - Darth Bashir, Prisoner Cornwell
    ENG - Caretaker, Doctor La Forge
    SEC - Tempted Data, Mirror Phlox
    SCI - Sarina Douglas, Rianna Mayweather
    MED - Crell Moset, AoS Crusher

Before I hit the go button I would look at the minor skills and adjust accordingly to make sure I don’t have a glaring deficiency (and maybe tweak for traits), but that set of 12 is what I would likely roll out on an ENG/MED or MED/ENG voyage.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the codepen estimator its better to equally load both of the skills, so that's what I try to do. I'll occasionally pile on the primary if I've lots of dilithium and I feel i might extend a voyage.

Other than that its really a slow process to try and level your crew that would help. youbsay some of your crew are underlevelled so maybe bump them up your 'to work on' list.

I've heard good things about the iampicard tool. I personally can't use it as its for PC only and i play on Android, but several in my fleet have commented that its helped them achieve really good voyages.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will throw my immortalized Doctor La Forge, Sarina Douglas, or Rianna Mayweather onto these voyages alongside my 2/5* Caretaker. But the other slots are set up as Banjo1012, where I will alternate with primary MED or primary ENG and other crew that have tertiary MED or ENG to fill any remaining slots. Such a voyage might look like this:

COM - RAF O’Brien, Grand Nagus Rom
    DIP - Darth Bashir, Prisoner Cornwell
    ENG - Caretaker, Doctor La Forge
    SEC - Tempted Data, Mirror Phlox
    SCI - Sarina Douglas, Rianna Mayweather
    MED - Crell Moset, AoS Crusher

Before I hit the go button I would look at the minor skills and adjust accordingly to make sure I don’t have a glaring deficiency (and maybe tweak for traits), but that set of 12 is what I would likely roll out on an ENG/MED or MED/ENG voyage.

I know I would have Lore and Captain LaForge in command because I have no great MED/COM. Prolly both Mirror Trois or Cornwell in DIP to offset the heavy ENG in the command slots. Science slots would prolly have Emotion Chip Data and The Keeper.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than that its really a slow process to try and level your crew that would help. youbsay some of your crew are underlevelled so maybe bump them up your 'to work on' list.

Yes sadly I only unlocked Dr La Forge so he's 1/4 lvl 1 (I believe he is also a pain to level) at this low fusion I don't believe he will be that great against my current crop yet.
    In a similar boat (excuse the pun) I have AoS La forge 2/4 level 60 - might bump him up though because of event, also Human Q is 2/4 at level 50.

My Best Engineers are Immortals Rom, Mirror Geordi, Time Loop Mudd, Drone Seven.
    I also have Prisoner O'Brien (again a 2/4 but level 100), I am also waiting on final star for Tuskagee Mayweather.

I guess I got to keep plugging away alternating the skills as I go, and try and get more legendaries. THnaks for your advice.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    AOS la Forge is one of the best cards I have. He's on almost every voyage. Definitely worth working on him

3izrerkkdure.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well, *spreadsheets* my likely go-to Eng/Med crew is:
    1/5 Caretaker, Cornwell, BRBashir, 1/5 Da Vinci, Sarina, Prisoner O'Brien, Mirror Geordi, Time Loop Mudd, 2/5 Delta Paris, AoS La Forge, 1/5 Phoenix Cochrane and Changeling Bashir. So mix of high-stat Eng, high-stat Med and Eng/Med.

Likely Med/Eng: AoS La Forge, 2/5 Delta Paris, Cornwell, BRBashir, 1/5 Caretaker, 1/5 Da Vinci, Sarina, Mirror Phlox, Changeling Bashir, 1/5 Mirror Crusher, Mirror La Forge, Prisoner O'Brien. About same thing really.

I'm really underhitting second stat in both cases for 8h voyage, though sometimes still manage.

Tried even distribution, didn't get better results. Nor worse ones for that matter, so - meeeh. Really need to win more Caretakers or cite Paris or Da Vinci (but I have Guinan in citing order so - oh, well...)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a good set up for these primary and secondary skills - do you just overload the primary skill on this polarising skill set?

So obviously any real answer depends on your roster depth (though I suspect you're fine in this regard) as well as your goal for the voyage (6hrs, 8hrs, etc). My general approach is to pick the best (or near best) on the 2 gold and 2 silver slots. (These days, it's pretty easy for me with MED - Cornwell and Bashir, no thinking required.) After that, every one of the 8 other slots gets at least 1 of the featured skills in it. The featured skills don't have to be the top score in each slot, but as long as you have 7-8 counts of each of the featured skills, the numbers will probably add up pretty well. You don't necessarily need to use crew with both featured skills (at least, that's my view of things), since you might be maximizing the featured skills but leaving too many un-featured points off the voyage, producing too many early hazard fails.

Been a long day, and I keep re-reading this to see if I can make my thoughts clearer, but I'm failing. Hope it makes sense.