Home Engineering Room
Options

Cloak Appears to be Not Working

Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Engineering Room
I’ve done a few ship battles lately in the Arena and I’ve noticed an odd change. Some of the time, the cloak on a ship doesn’t function. For example, I just finished a battle using my max level Klingon bird of prey against a Vulcan ship in the Commander section. I cloaked and the Vulcan ship continued hitting me with phaser bursts. That’s not how that usually works or is suppose to function.

Cloak is suppose to make you untargetable for a short time. It usually does this, so you get a 3 to 5 second reprieve from weapons fire. Now it seems to do nothing. What’s up with that? I saw in another thread someone mention that it was going to be made so that crew with special damage abilities cut through a cloak. Well, for one, that would make cloak totally irrelevant and useless, and for another, I don’t think that’s suppose to be the case.

Anyhow, I was hoping someone at DB would see this and send word wherever it needs to go. This is a definite problem and one that needs fixing as soon as humanly possible. Thanks.

P.S. - Just a reminder, but there’s a Skirmish event about to begin and with cloak not functioning properly, players are going to get VERY riled up once they start to realize what’s happening.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was just me having a bad run. I'm using a the T'Ong in Admiral Arena this morning and my cloak seemed to make absolutely no difference. I won two battles and was a bit surprised as I'd dropped a tier overnight and thought I'd be able to win quite a few.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I've had three or four skirmish battles now with the H.M.S. Bounty, primarily skirmishes #2 and #4, where I'm still taking active shield damage despite being cloaked for more than a second.

I've also had Captain Killy whiff on her bonus ability a number of times now, but that's a separate issue.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Similar issue. Noticed more recently with the T'ong in the arena. Taking damage while cloaked. Some times serious damage.
  • Options
    I noticed this morning when in the 2nd battle of skirmish. I kept getting clobbered even though I was cloaked. So I changed to the cube now for time sake. This isn't right
  • Options
    Arena, in general, seems a bit more inconsistent lately than the usual.
  • Options

And as far as I know, the beginning of this thread’s assertion is wrong. Damage abilities are NOT suppose to go through cloaks. That would make cloak a totally useless ability. The whole point of a cloak is to make the ship untargetable. I said all this already but I think it warrants repetition.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options

And as far as I know, the beginning of this thread’s assertion is wrong. Damage abilities are NOT suppose to go through cloaks. That would make cloak a totally useless ability. The whole point of a cloak is to make the ship untargetable. I said all this already but I think it warrants repetition.

I'm just repeating what DB's customer service department told me after weeks of back and forth over my pointing out the bug. Watch the video I linked to and see for yourself. I'm definitely getting hit shortly before my cloak drops.

And my thread is about DB's CS telling me they're investigating why instant damage attacks aren't currently going through cloak. Which means they intend to make them do just that.

/hijack
  • Options
    Farnsworth wrote: »

I'm just repeating what DB's customer service department told me after weeks of back and forth over my pointing out the bug. Watch the video I linked to and see for yourself. I'm definitely getting hit shortly before my cloak drops.

And my thread is about DB's CS telling me they're investigating why instant damage attacks aren't currently going through cloak. Which means they intend to make them do just that.

/hijack

Yes, I noticed that. Someone at CS is an idiot. Sorry, but that seems the most likely option here. @Shan or someone with knowledge of how it’s suppose to work and some authority needs to get in there, set everyone straight, and get them to fixing the real problem. That is, occasionally Cloak isn’t functioning correctly and allowing the cloaked ship to be hit.

Also, I further noticed that this error seems to happen more frequently with the 2* Klingon Bird of Prey than any of the 5* ships. I haven’t used a cloaking ship in the 4* Arena in ages so I’m unaware of how it’s functioning for the Defiant and the like.

Btw, I totally believe you @Farnsworth because the same thing has been happening to me, hence this thread.