Home The Bridge
Options

DB Knows How to Bug Those With OCD

apkajm5i2hkj.png

Let's only give all the players 25 short of being able to use the ship for bridge crew.

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for opening a thread for the obvious. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the event pack for this reason and I got nothing but lame schematics, no event schematics. Fooled me out of 300 dilithium but no more than that. If you won’t garauntee me the ship, I’m not buying.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are at it, I guess we can give up all hope of EVER getting the last of "Big 3" ships from Star Trek.............
    1r0ip6tjw7uc.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are at it, I guess we can give up all hope of EVER getting the last of "Big 3" ships from Star Trek.............
    1r0ip6tjw7uc.jpg

Why? If they keep up skirmishes then they will be introducing new ships all the time, lol.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did the same thing with the Reliant. Its frustrating, not because i have ocd, but because its a slap in the face, as to say "well, now you gotta go spend loads of money if you want this ship, because we were so stingy we couldnt just give away 25 more!" Thing is, im not going to go spend money for 25 more schematics...sillyness, pure silliness i tell you!!

I think you need to re-calibrate your "slap in the face" measure because getting fewer ship schematics doesn't even register on mine.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its friggin annoying. You know I'm not asking for a fully maxed ship for free, but it'd be nice if the reward was usable.

But again, further down on my list of DB being DB
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I would argue the Skirmish reward structure being 76/150/300 instead of 75/150/300 is a worse OCD nightmare than the one you suggested

1000 x agree.

[10F] Newt wrote: »
    apkajm5i2hkj.png

Let's only give all the players 25 short of being able to use the ship for bridge crew.

This is less OCD and more DB being cheap. It’s not like being able to earn a lvl 1 version of the ship will let me ‘walk’ the rest of the event. Screams only of money grabbing. Again. Which I’m used to now.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I bought the event pack for this reason and I got nothing but lame schematics, no event schematics. Fooled me out of 300 dilithium but no more than that. If you won’t garauntee me the ship, I’m not buying.

You are guaranteed one of them will be event. Problem is there are three event ships.

So you had a 1 out of 3 chance of getting it.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    300 dil is a lot when you need so many schems of ships.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just surprised it's not 576 schematics.

But yeah, 300 dil is a lot when level 1-7/8 ships are of so little utility.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    I would argue the Skirmish reward structure being 76/150/300 instead of 75/150/300 is a worse OCD nightmare than the one you suggested

...why not 79/150/300?
  • Options
    I assumed the 76 was an nod to fallout 76 which was announced at the same time as the first skirmish ?
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I assumed the 76 was an nod to fallout 76 which was announced at the same time as the first skirmish ?

No, no, no... all of you are wrong — it's obvious that it's a nod to "76 Trombones", the popular song from the musical The Music Man.

• The lyrics of that song also make mention of "50 mounted cannon". Now, military buffs may know that 50-caliber guns were the main armament of Iowa-class battleships.
    • Iowa, as I'm sure you're aware, is the home state of one James T. Kirk — born in a town called Riverside.
    • The Music Man is set in a fictional Iowa town called River City. (Riverside=River City?)
    • Though there is no actual town by that name, real-life Mason City, Iowa is actually sometimes called "The River City".
    • Mason was the name of a child on the Enterprise-D in 2364. The actor who played him was Jeremy Wheaton (Wil Wheaton's younger brother).
    • Wil Wheaton's first film role was voicing a character in The Secret of NIMH (which currently has a user rating of 7.6... coincidence?), and his first live-action film role was in a movie called Hambone and Hillie.
    • William Shatner is known for being a bit of a "ham", and of course "bone" is a variant of "Bones", as in Dr. McCoy. (There was also a blues singer named Wilbur "Kansas Joe" McCoy, who also went by the name "Hamfoot Ham".)
    • "Hillie" rhymes with Killy, who is one of the best crew to use in this Skirmish event.
    • Hillie could also be considered a nickname for Professor Harold Hill, the protagonist of The Music Man. It could also be (hey, as far as you know) a pet name that Beverly Crusher uses for Picard when he role-plays Dixon Hill.
    • Speaking of Dixon Hill & Mason City — I'm sure you've all heard of the Mason-Dixon Line, which, according to Wikipedia, was established to end a boundary dispute between the British colonies of Maryland and Pennsylvania/Delaware. Disputes which were often known as... (wait for it) ... skirmishes.

ls88jer0o53a.gif

LMAO
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

You are guaranteed one of them will be event. Problem is there are three event ships.

So you had a 1 out of 3 chance of getting it.

Sadly, nope. Look at the pack drop chances——you’ll plainly see that the chance of getting the legendary event schematic is 10%, same as it would be for an event character pack. Given those odds, wasting money on these ships is an even *more* questionable choice.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Here's another one, the fact that even when you star all of the missions, you still have that annoying "11" notification as if you need to go star missions. That one perhaps annoys me most on a UI standpoint, but yes I also hate the gagh-tease of being given juuuuust slightly less than the needed schematics for a level 1 ship.

And the thing is, the Breen are one of the races that highly interest me. I'd love to have their ship, but I'm not spending money on schematics. I did it once when the NX-01 came out, and even though that ship serves me well, money on schematics = never again.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

No, no, no... all of you are wrong — it's obvious that it's a nod to "76 Trombones", the popular song from the musical The Music Man.

• The lyrics of that song also make mention of "50 mounted cannon". Now, military buffs may know that 50-caliber guns were the main armament of Iowa-class battleships.
    • Iowa, as I'm sure you're aware, is the home state of one James T. Kirk — born in a town called Riverside.
    • The Music Man is set in a fictional Iowa town called River City. (Riverside=River City?)
    • Though there is no actual town by that name, real-life Mason City, Iowa is actually sometimes called "The River City".
    • Mason was the name of a child on the Enterprise-D in 2364. The actor who played him was Jeremy Wheaton (Wil Wheaton's younger brother).
    • Wil Wheaton's first film role was voicing a character in The Secret of NIMH (which currently has a user rating of 7.6... coincidence?), and his first live-action film role was in a movie called Hambone and Hillie.
    • William Shatner is known for being a bit of a "ham", and of course "bone" is a variant of "Bones", as in Dr. McCoy. (There was also a blues singer named Wilbur "Kansas Joe" McCoy, who also went by the name "Hamfoot Ham".)
    • "Hillie" rhymes with Killy, who is one of the best crew to use in this Skirmish event.
    • Hillie could also be considered a nickname for Professor Harold Hill, the protagonist of The Music Man. It could also be (hey, as far as you know) a pet name that Beverly Crusher uses for Picard when he role-plays Dixon Hill.
    • Speaking of Dixon Hill & Mason City — I'm sure you've all heard of the Mason-Dixon Line, which, according to Wikipedia, was established to end a boundary dispute between the British colonies of Maryland and Pennsylvania/Delaware. Disputes which were often known as... (wait for it) ... skirmishes.

ls88jer0o53a.gif

Love that you used a noted nerd for your mike drop, very appropriate. 👍
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options