Home The Bridge

When will there be a cryo update?

Proton §¤§Proton §¤§ ✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
If we had a cryo tab in our crew quarters it would function better for us the players. With all the new features the game offers, traits are more important than ever.The current set up doesn't allow me to see all the info needed about frozen crew. Just because they are frozen doesn't mean they shouldn't exist on the crew roster. Having this feature in the crew quarters shoud help with events, gauntlet, and voyages allowing total access to our crew. Also be able to search and sort crew during events, gauntlet, voyages, and shuttles.

Best Answer

Answers

• SpaceWereDragonSpaceWereDragon ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    This is from a different post on the same topic:

Shan wrote on 12 September 2017 04:16 PM:
    There will be improvements for the vault but I do not have an ETA.
    We have regular feedback sessions and this was brought up.

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/68958/

They do have it planned to update the cryo for a future update. It's coming
  • They should make immortalized crew not take up crew slots.
  • Ace Boogie wrote: »
    They should make immortalized crew not take up crew slots.

That would be an amazing improvement, but I doubt it'd happen. No way to incentivise buying slots if you do. For those with maxed out slots, irrelevant, too.
  • CSMone01 wrote: »
    Ace Boogie wrote: »

That would be an amazing improvement, but I doubt it'd happen. No way to incentivise buying slots if you do. For those with maxed out slots, irrelevant, too.

Just wishful thinking.

• Maybe an intermediate between active and vault. You could only swap immortalized crew in and out, but you could instantly swap an active crew and an ‘on leave’ crew with one another at no cost. ‘On leave crew’ would be inaccessible just as if they were in the vault, but they would be quicker to activate than vaulted crew.

Anyone familiar with Magic: The Gathering can appreciate this analogy. Your active crew is your 60 card deck. The vault would be cards you have at home or tucked away in a box. ‘On Leave’ would be your sideboard cards.

Just a thought.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely would like to see a crew's traits in the cryostasis chamber.

Today I was trying to get a few final stars on some of the cadet missions that I've left not fully completed forever. So I was looking to unfreeze a few crew to help that out but I couldn't see any of their traits to see which nodes they'd get bonuses in.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • edited October 2017
    Ace Boogie wrote: »

This is, quite possibly, the most brilliant suggestion I've seen on the forums. DB stated their reason for crew slots is to limit the number of database calls to get the list of items required to build for active crew members.

Immortalized crew, by definition, do not have any items to build. Thus, they should not cause any system drain to keep them active.

DB should decomission the vault and activate all immortalized crew. There is no need for the vault, other than senselessly monetizing crew.

• edited October 2017
    The database limit reasoning being thrown around to justify crew slot restrictions has never been anything more than a thinly veiled excuse.

Crew slots and the vault are the way they are because people are willing to spend $30 (or wait out an entirely monthly card timer) to add 5 more spaces at a time. I'm willing to bet this is a huge cash cow for the company, and they aren't going to do anything to risk cutting it off unless it stops being wildly profitable.

I wish they would just focus on making their money with compelling content rather than charging us for slots to store characters we probably won't be able to use for years, if we ever use it them all.
  • If anybody from DB actually played the game they would have made improvements to the vault months ago. It's horrible. Need to be able to search by trait, skill, proficiency, and name at least.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Would love to see the Vault incorporate the searching and sorting features they have in crew slots (at a minimum. It's getting hard as I continue to play to remember all the crew I have previously vaulted and so on. I can use an external spreadsheet, but come on, this is a game -- I shouldn't have to use an external tool to help me keep track of basic things.
  • edited October 2017
    Agreed w thread. The CRYO needs major advancement including seeing traits and searching at minimum. Hard to find cadets and blues to restore when needed and to know what chars you have before launch a gauntlet. Sooner rather than later would be very nice.
  • Giving the cryo the same search tools as the roster would be a minimum improvement I feel. Swapping from there and as another poster noted, having some "on leave" would be great, but they have the basic search tool available now, just use it. It is pretty bad when I cannot even tell how many stars my frozen crew have. Outline color is grey half the time for charcaters who I know aren't one star. Cryo vault is like version 1.0 making the rest of the game, which is awesome, look bad.