Home The Bridge

To Kahless or not?

Looking for advice from the board, not sure what to do.
I have 120,000 honor. I do not buy double ups.

My options include:
1. Kahless (plus perhaps a super-rare citation or save the remainder)
2. Add 5th stars to two of Detective Data, Arachnia Janeway, Mobile Doctor, Lt Cmdr La Forge, Gangster Kirk, or Wrathful Kahn. All are level 100.
3. Buy 6 super-rare citations and finish off some combination of strong super-rares I don't have fully fused including 1/4 Baku Worf, 2/4 Klingon Neelix, 3/4 Assimilated Tuvok, 3/4 Stranded Odo, 3/4 Subcommander T'Rul, 1/4 First Goran'Agar.
4. Keep saving

My thoughts are that Kahless would be really just for the gauntlet, and at 1/5 might make it into some voyages, as he would be my 21st best overall for voyages, and tied/very close to 4 others for 4th best CMD. Have voyages nerfed the rewards of the gauntlet? I already have many of the strong gauntlet crew, only missing Kahless, Gowron, Sulan, Gangster Spock. I am sort of thinking making my voyages crew strong would be better.

The other thing, is that I'm a VIP 14, now more or less monthly card player, so if I don't take Kahless now, absent some change in honor values, and having just hit level 61, it will take probably 9-10 months of saving to get enough for Kahless. I'm sort of thinking it's now or never.

I'm sort of leaning toward a star on Mobile Doctor, and either Detective Data or Gangster Kirk.

Comments

• Kahless is awesome in the gauntlet and is also awesome in voyages. Any crew that is viewed as best in gauntlet will be the same for Voyages so he is more versatile than you might think.
  • I can't imagine any reason why you would not get Kahless. Get him now before DB does something stupid and removes him from the Honor hall.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • I can't imagine any reason why you would not get Kahless. Get him now before DB does something stupid and removes him from the Honor hall.

Isn't it also possible they do something like make him a gauntlet reward after Guinan?
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobile Doctor has fantastic MED stats. Harder to come by than in other categories. You should finish him for sure.

If Gauntlet isn't a top priority for you, don't bother with Kahless. I'd finish Kirk or Kahn instead for Voyages benefit.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • WOLF 359 wrote: »
    I can't imagine any reason why you would not get Kahless. Get him now before DB does something stupid and removes him from the Honor hall.

Isn't it also possible they do something like make him a gauntlet reward after Guinan?

That would be extremely stupid. But i'm not going to rule it out. We all know what we are dealing with. ;)
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is Kahless.

I spent my first 100K on Kahless. Since completing his items I believe I've used him in every single gauntlet. While his wide range is frustrating at times, I'm very happy with him overall. On the other hand, I rarely bring Gowron.

As others have said, he also has good stats for Voyages, but you'll need to spend honor to fuse him up. I think you're exaggerating on how quickly you earn honor though, even now that you're basically a monthly card player. Daily mission and fleet targets, random crew from voyages, plus free pulls from gauntlet are all honor sources.

But the single biggest reason I would spend the honor on Kahless is that it's currently the only way to get him. You never know if he'll be removed from the honor hall and made available by other means (or not). You can always get citations later, you might not have another chance at Kahless.

• Thanks for all the advice so far. I guess it seems like a bet on whether Kahless will become available some other in the future or not. As pointed out, if he will never enter the portal or gauntlet or voyages rewards, then it makes sense to get him now, while I can.
  • I doubt Kahless would become available. I think it would really rub people the wrong way, as saving up 100K honor is quite an achievement. If I were DB I'd never remove Kahless from the honor store; you can add other crew to it but never take Kahless away.

After I get my Kahless I'm going to track how quickly I get honor. I usually get between 250-400 per 6 hour voyage, but that's an estimate.
  • Go for Kahless, he's a beast.

Just hope you get the double up offer on him because you can only buy one from the honour store so getting that extra star on him is nice.

Then at 2/5 you'll only need 150k honour to max him out!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOLF 359 wrote: »
    Looking for advice from the board, not sure what to do.
    I have 120,000 honor. I do not buy double ups.

My options include:
    1. Kahless (plus perhaps a super-rare citation or save the remainder)
    2. Add 5th stars to two of Detective Data, Arachnia Janeway, Mobile Doctor, Lt Cmdr La Forge, Gangster Kirk, or Wrathful Kahn. All are level 100.
    3. Buy 6 super-rare citations and finish off some combination of strong super-rares I don't have fully fused including 1/4 Baku Worf, 2/4 Klingon Neelix, 3/4 Assimilated Tuvok, 3/4 Stranded Odo, 3/4 Subcommander T'Rul, 1/4 First Goran'Agar.
    4. Keep saving

My thoughts are that Kahless would be really just for the gauntlet, and at 1/5 might make it into some voyages, as he would be my 21st best overall for voyages, and tied/very close to 4 others for 4th best CMD. Have voyages nerfed the rewards of the gauntlet? I already have many of the strong gauntlet crew, only missing Kahless, Gowron, Sulan, Gangster Spock. I am sort of thinking making my voyages crew strong would be better.

The other thing, is that I'm a VIP 14, now more or less monthly card player, so if I don't take Kahless now, absent some change in honor values, and having just hit level 61, it will take probably 9-10 months of saving to get enough for Kahless. I'm sort of thinking it's now or never.

I'm sort of leaning toward a star on Mobile Doctor, and either Detective Data or Gangster Kirk.

If it's taking you 9-10 months to get 100k honor right now there are some other things i would rectify. If you play daily, are in a moderately active fleet that makes all daily honor goals and make your personal daily honor goals and discard NO crew (not even 1 stars from the voyages or gauntlet) and do NO voyages, it's only 130 days (slightly over 4 months) to get 100k honor. So if you pass on Kahless now it should not be considered a now or never.

Personally I went for Kahless with my first 100k and have not been let down. But he does take a bit to level. He is actually fairly good on Voyages once you get him fused up but that is a bit of work and time coming from scratch.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt Kahless would become available. I think it would really rub people the wrong way, as saving up 100K honor is quite an achievement. If I were DB I'd never remove Kahless from the honor store; you can add other crew to it but never take Kahless away.

After I get my Kahless I'm going to track how quickly I get honor. I usually get between 250-400 per 6 hour voyage, but that's an estimate.

Remember that is on top of 770 honor if you are in an active fleet and do your own daily missions (570 from fleet, 200 from Personal)
  • Get Kahless. Beast in gauntlet - I use him every round and he's never gone to waste. Make sure you invest in the double-up offer. With the introduction of voyages 'avg roll' now matters a lot, and FFd Kahless and Guinan are two of the top voyage crew in the game.
  • cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    If you play the gauntlet every day, take Kahless. If you don't play the gauntlet, my advice would be to put a 5th star on the mobile doc and a 3rd star on a base stat heavy 2/5 if you have one. A ff'd mobile doc is the only "good" medical for shuttles and that 3/5 point is where most of the non-gauntlet 5*s that are better than average begin to stand out from the crowd.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

If it's taking you 9-10 months to get 100k honor right now there are some other things i would rectify. If you play daily, are in a moderately active fleet that makes all daily honor goals and make your personal daily honor goals and discard NO crew (not even 1 stars from the voyages or gauntlet) and do NO voyages, it's only 130 days (slightly over 4 months) to get 100k honor. So if you pass on Kahless now it should not be considered a now or never.

Personally I went for Kahless with my first 100k and have not been let down. But he does take a bit to level. He is actually fairly good on Voyages once you get him fused up but that is a bit of work and time coming from scratch.

That was my rough calculation, but clearly I did something wrong as I think your estimation is correct.

I generally play the gauntlet every day though I'm not super diligent about it and sometimes miss my window, but that's also true of voyages.

It seems like no one is regretting Kahless so that's good to know.