Home Ready Room
Options

5* Behold Advice

No surprise here, another behold thread. Anyway here are the choices;

Admiral Riker
Commander Troi
One

Leaning towards Riker or One (for voyages or gauntlet) and omitting Troi since she's difficult to level and not worth it as a 1/5 stat wise.

Already have a gauntlet team of Kahless, Madam de Nef, Guinan, Locutus & M. Phlox and decent enough crew in both Com/Eng that neither would place in my top 8 for either as 1/5s.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Admiral Riker IMO. Good stats & GREAT in the Gauntlet too, but pick who you like. :smile:
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riker. One is good, but not that necessary if you have Klingon Torres.
  • Options
    I find troi useful for voyages, but then i have her 4/5. One is definitely useful in the gauntlet and voyages, I'd probably go with him. Unless you have a strong need for Cmd/Dip/Sec characters. /eyeroll
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    Never bad to double up on gauntlet skillsets, so Riker is nice.

Troi is rated hard in the crew cost finder, but honestly, with voyages that's not a big deal. It's more important to look at the amount of faction-only items, and she only needs 2 (she needs a lot of farmable factions, so adjust your cadet missions appropriately). As long as you don't blow all of your credits you can replicate anything that's difficult. As for usefulness, any decent medical+two skill crew is viable in voyages.

I wish Lores were more powerful. Oh well. He's not... terrible at least.
  • Options
    Never bad to double up on gauntlet skillsets, so Riker is nice.

Troi is rated hard in the crew cost finder, but honestly, with voyages that's not a big deal. It's more important to look at the amount of faction-only items, and she only needs 2 (she needs a lot of farmable factions, so adjust your cadet missions appropriately). As long as you don't blow all of your credits you can replicate anything that's difficult. As for usefulness, any decent medical+two skill crew is viable in voyages.

• Options

It's the Borg One, not The One, Lore.

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both Riker and Troi and Riker is also annoying to level. He's OK for the gauntlet but find myself using Kahless, Gowron & Locutus instead and he only usually gets a look in for Gambler and/or Maverick traits.

Troi I believe is needed to unlock one of the Empath/Diplomacy Nodes on Epic (Rings of Time??) so unless your gunning for Riker I'd take Troi.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I got One immortalised this morning in my crew -- he's got excellent stats but then also Admiral Riker is very good to