Home Ready Room

For people who get Voyages to 8 hours without spending dilithium

Until I have the resources to go after another event, my current big goal is with voyages. Right now they are getting to at least 6 hours, about 6:45 is my PB. I've tried a few strategies and they don't seem to affect the outcome. I've had a voyage with a 10,000 gold skill total and 6,200 silver and didn't get to 8 hours (the other skills were terrible). I've gone the other direction and had somewhat more balanced skills; those voyages didn't get to eight hours. I almost always use 3 skill crew; Mirror Phlox and some other medical crew being exceptions (Holonovel doctor when I need med+sci).

There's a very good chance that the answer is very simple: I need better crew. But until I reach that conclusion I'd like to hear from people who can at least get to 8 hours. What are your skill totals, what crew do you use?

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Stats for my one and only 8h voyage without a refill (just barely)...

7piqkjjmk7hr.png
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a very good chance that the answer is very simple: I need better crew.

And/or more favorable skills. Look at the screenshot above - it's not a MED/SCI voyage. The one 8hr voyage I recall (I may have had others) was SEC/DIP iirc.

If you're not already, use the Voyage estimator. In my experience, it's been pretty accurate.

The general consensus seems to be to load up on the primary/secondary skills and largely ignore the others, except as a means to improve the primary/secondary. That's been my approach. I used to go for a minimum of 3k on all skills, but I've abandoned that. I just don't think it's worth lowering the primary/secondary to do this.

However, this approach will be subject to RNG on the hazard rolls. You should expect a little more than half the hazards to be from the primary/secondary. But a bad streak can kill your chances at 8hr.

• al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Estimate is 1k points = 1 hour

1. There is no point in 4 hour difference on Gold/Silver unless you plan to use dil. 1k difference may be useful, but longer than that and -30 each silver will kill your AM faster than said difference will become useful.
    2. Notice where you get on specific G/S pair, there is no point adding them much more and you should start adding on other ones. Unless you use dil there is no difference on which non-G/S skill you add points as 2k one and 0 other would save you same amount of AM as 1k on one and 1k on other (2 hours of AM saving vs 2 times of 1 hour of AM saving).

So if you get 6:45 then use something like 7500/7000/as much as possible or 8000/7000/as much as possible for G/S/Others.

I'm not sure if changes in required skill grow constantly or in jumps, so using 500 or 1000 iterations may be safer too.
  • Based on the estimator, you do need to have 10,000 or close to it on the base skills to get past 8 hours in a single shot. My best voyage to date (DIP/CMD) was 9766/9502 with 2800 AM, and that one got to 7:50.

Generally, getting a strong voyage depends heavily on the favored skills being ones you have in abundance on your crew, which means that if MED is a favored skill, you'd best not count on that one being your 8-hour voyage :)

My primary meta-strategy on voyages right now is to level my MED crew preferentially, preferably the ones with three skills. If you have any MED/ENG crew at all (e.g. Rianna Mayweather or Doctor La Forge), those are gold.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to 7:54 with 10319/8776 --- I do agree that to guarantee success to 8hr the gold/silver spread should be tighter than what I had.
  • aj47du0danfo.png
    I agree with what’s been said already. Maximum featured skills while balancing other skills as much as possible. When choosing my crew instead of just picking the top choice offered by the game I change to the featured skill tab and pick that crew.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressed with the 8547 Med score. Who was on that voyage?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressed with the 8547 Med score. Who was on that voyage?

That's their SCI, their MED is 4413.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Didn't have my glasses on, I guess.
  • I can get 8 out of 10 voyages past the 8 hour mark without dilithium

On you skills you need an average of 5-6k per skill with 7-8k on gold and silver

You need to match the traits for extra duration,
    I match at least 10 traits and the ship trait.

With a eleven 4* and one 5* crew that had all 12 traits and a 5* ship with matching trait I was able to go 8hrs 25 mins. Skills were between 5-6k across the board

Matching the traits will get you the antimatter to make it through the last 2hrs, it's 450 additional or 20-30 minutes

I also noticed with traits matched I pass more 6 and 7 hour hazards then crew with same skill lacking the trait so there might be a critical factor to the RNG but this is hypothetical.

Hope this helps :wink: