Home The Bridge

Voyage antimatter loss

SMMSMM ✭✭✭
How much antimatter is lost during a 2 hour period, if all hazards are not avoided and 30 antimatter is lost on each occasion?

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the estimate is 22/minute. So 2640 in 2 hours.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I think but didn't want to say
  • Yea, I didn't want to be held accountable for someones bad rng luck lol
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it can depend on what two hour section. I went past eight hrs yesterday and there were far more hazards from 8-10 hrs then there had been on 6-8 hrs. I went thru 2400 am from 8-9.80 hrs and had to recall before 10 hr dilemma.
    Let’s fly!
  • I think it can depend on what two hour section. I went past eight hrs yesterday and there were far more hazards from 8-10 hrs then there had been on 6-8 hrs. I went thru 2400 am from 8-9.80 hrs and had to recall before 10 hr dilemma.

From what I understand about voyages, I do not believe that the rate at which hazards are encountered varies at any point from beginning to end. Can anyone confirm?
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Dinoss wrote: »
    Yea, I didn't want to be held accountable for someones bad rng luck lol

There is no rng bad luck involved because it is a worst case scenario. Everything fails is the premis.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »
    Dinoss wrote: »
    Yea, I didn't want to be held accountable for someones bad rng luck lol

There is no rng bad luck involved because it is a worst case scenario. Everything fails is the premis.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was determined that there was RNG in hazard frequency.
  • From what I understand about voyages, I do not believe that the rate at which hazards are encountered varies at any point from beginning to end. Can anyone confirm?

It does fluctuate per Voyage. My hazard times range from every 1.31 (1m 18s) to 1.58 (1m 35s) minutes. Over a 500-700 minute voyage, that .27 can make a big difference in how quick your AM depletes. The lower the average, the more hazards you will encounter. Over a 9 hour voyage, it can mean 69 additional (or fewer) hazards. 69x30 = 2070AM.
  • MOZangelesSDMOZangelesSD ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    From what I understand about voyages, I do not believe that the rate at which hazards are encountered varies at any point from beginning to end. Can anyone confirm?

It does fluctuate per Voyage. My hazard times range from every 1.31 (1m 18s) to 1.58 (1m 35s) minutes. Over a 500-700 minute voyage, that .27 can make a big difference in how quick your AM depletes. The lower the average, the more hazards you will encounter. Over a 9 hour voyage, it can mean 69 additional (or fewer) hazards. 69x30 = 2070AM.

Absolutely right! There is NO FLAT burn rate for AM because the variability of # of hazards in any long span of time. I'm sure that the 22 AM/hr burn rate cited earlier is in the ballpark of the real average burn rate, but Cap. Jello is spot on that actual # of hazards for any length of time has some meaningful variance.

If you look closely at the voyage log, you'll notice that the number of regular log entries & reward entries in between hazards fluctuates quite a bit. Sometimes there can be 6-7+ log entries between hazards, and other times as few as just 3...this is what accounts for the variance in total # of hazards you can experience on any given voyage.

So, while 20-22 AM/minute and 2,400-2650 AM every 2-hours are good guesstimates, your mileage WILL vary...even the identical crew & ship over the same period of time are gonna experience different # of hazards / burn different amounts of AM.
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    For those interested this is useful for estimating voyage time: STT Voyage Estimator

And here is the relevant thread if you want to contribute data: [TOOL] Voyage Estimator (+help us gather data!).
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • There is no RNG in time between hazards.