“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Should the borg be a faction? 147 votes

Yes
77%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Chief Eud{DD}ricksorinev[RO]BitterDevileXo|cuzspicy<TGE> DangerDrakeAviTrekZ•A•P•P ©™[NDQ] MALDIKnight Ranger[DDF] Marge GundersonCaptain Durf[GoT] jess-gayDpmtXoiikuDharkusRocpile[SoCo] Dr. AcularNikita MearsPa 114 votes
No
22%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ë[7TW] UnkieBizausomeAstrometricsPeachtree Rex/SSR/ Captain S'logThe FishCaptainUnderpantsSabine of AthensTromasterZombie Squirrel SkuufaCaptain LostCapt. ChaosAlloyIVHaBlack[STJ] WendellJim Steele[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinPallidyne 33 votes

Comments

• Yes
    I think so, they have enough borg characters

Captain Level 99

• Yes
    Yes, but with a caveat: the faction should *not* be the Borg collective. Rather it should be labeled as either Unimatrix Zero or the less specific Borg Resistance.
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes
    Qualified yes. Was going to post exactly what Vice Admiral Nairne posted---it needs to be the Unimatrix Zero resistance---having the Dominion as a faction is borderline questionable enough, but I don't see how they could possibly add the Collective and ever cube that sphere.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Yes
    Why say all that? It's not like the other factions have special names

Captain Level 99

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why say all that? It's not like the other factions have special names

To make it make sense. And others do qualify, like the different Ferengis
  • Yes
    I don’t know if it really matters anymore. It should have been done before the Borg mega-event started, and it should have dropped all those items that every Borg character needed multiple quantities of.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Conditional yes - if it's just dropped into the game one day, using whatever Borg are lying around doing nothing, that's kinda lazy. But if it's something more interesting - take advantage of the whole multiple timelines thing, like the Ferengi have got Kazon mercs working for them, and the Dominion and Xindi are getting along, so maybe there's a timeline where there's a Borg 'nation' of free Borg (and in this timeline characters like the Queen and Drone Seven and Locutus are part of it) which has made alliances with some of the other miscellaneous Delta Quadrant natives, like Tash and Danara and Think Tank Guy and so on, if they're not already tied to one of the existing factions. Could be a fun episode if they ever want to do that.
  • No
    Admitidly it would be cool but it would be uncannon since anything the Borg see is assimilated, wether they come to you or you come to them (or their faction). So going to see if they have anything available for purchase could end you up assimialted...dun du duuuuu!
  • No
    No. Please stop the degrading and weakening of the Borg.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Borg/Xindi/Breen
  • No
    No, we don t need another faction, which will probably come along with more "faction only" items, we will see in new builds. NO THX!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • No
    The borg to not trade, they assimilate. Much as I'd like a shop to buy Borg items etc I still can't see it being true to the 'species'.
    Cymru am byth
  • The borg to not trade, they assimilate. Much as I'd like a shop to buy Borg items etc I still can't see it being true to the 'species'.

I'm sure they don't do poetry night either, though voyages suggest otherwise.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The Borg Collective should NOT be a faction. There's no way they would ever talk or negotiate with another group.

However, I could see an argument that Unimatrix Zero could be.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The Borg Collective should NOT be a faction. There's no way they would ever talk or negotiate with another group.

Didn't Janeway negotiate with the Borg in Scorpion?
  • No
    No. The Borg are bad guys. Period.
  • No
    The Borg encompasses all factions.
  • Yes
    C-Note wrote: »

Cuz the Dominion and Hirogen were pillars of goodness.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-Note wrote: »

Cuz the Dominion and Hirogen were pillars of goodness.

But they could be negotiated with. The Borg were almost impossible to negotiate with.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I think that was addressed here:
    No. Please stop the degrading and weakening of the Borg.

• sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I was going to say yes, Borg faction, so I can be "Honored" with the Borg. Whatever that might mean. But, grudgingly, yes I guess it should be Borg Resistance or Unimatrix Zero or some other such thing.

As for Janeway, well the Borg were desperate. They were getting their butts kicked and had no way in the foreseeable future to win. The borg were already weakened beyond all recovery once First Contact introduced the Queen. They were MUCH scarier and more menacing before that. After that they became just another "kill the leader, all done. derpy derp" enemy.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • "Unimatrix Zero" should be a faction. "The Borg" should always be evil.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Yes
    It should be the Cooperative... we already have a character from it in Riley, and it opens up some interesting things in the mix (Orum, the Romulan, and Jacked-in Chakotay). There are some directions you could take with it that are somewhat non-canon but us canon things, like putting the Unimatrix Zero people into the same mix after they left.
  • No
    No Borg faction. The borg do not cooperate. Unimatrix zero - maybe. But first, kill the Hirogen faction - they're a minor power at best - and unite the two seperate ferengi factions.
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    No
    dwhisper wrote: »
    It should be the Cooperative... we already have a character from it in Riley, and it opens up some interesting things in the mix (Orum, the Romulan, and Jacked-in Chakotay). There are some directions you could take with it that are somewhat non-canon but us canon things, like putting the Unimatrix Zero people into the same mix after they left.

Actually that's a good idea, I like the Co-operative as a faction much more than Unimatrix Zero.
  • No
    The Borg don't trade.
  • Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes
    I know the Borg don't trade, but we could find a way to make it work. What if it wasn't called a Faction? They could make it a thing like Salvage, You go to this place to buy salvaged Borg parts for your Borg characters.
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes
    I think there should be a Rogue Borg faction. This would mostly represent freed characters like Hugh, Riley Frazier, and Icheb.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Yup. They do negotiate, it just has to be a high price.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Yes
    If I can stomach doing faction missions for the Terran Empire, I can stomach doing faction missions for the Borg. Plus I'm running around in a Borg Cube full of Borg drones anyway. May as well make it an official faction.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu