Home Make It So!
Options

Put All Players on the Same Voyage Primary and Secondary Traits Everyday

I would like to see all players get the same voyage traits everyday. As it stands I have been receiving a abnormal amount of med and x voyages lately. Before the obligatory RNG and sample size is too low posts come up I know all this.

My point is this. "If" the system is random and fair to everyone through its randomness why don't we give everyone a global random voyage so we are all in the same voyage boat together. It's very discouraging to get the same voyages over and over when dip/sec/com are the bulk crew in the game.

If everyone got the same voyages no one would ever think they were being manipulated by the system into paying dil. Not saying I think that is the case but with a streak of bad luck constantly targeting your weakest crew it makes you wonder and that is bad for consumer confidence.

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    If everyone is subject to the same RNG, I don't see this as inherently unfair.

There are many instances in the game where there's a favorable RNG roll can have a significant impact. The most glaring one is portal pulls. I spend 650 dilithium and get one 4*. Someone else gets 3 5* beholds. Is that fair? Maybe not in the "woe is me, life is unfair" sense. But we're not asking DB to standardize the results of portal pulls.
  • Options
    I think the analogy you use with the time portal is a unequal one. The time portal is a user generated action. It will never trigger by itself unless the user selects it. Voyages traits are a server side force fed action that I have no control over.

With SST just being sold to (?) And the recent layoffs at DB many people are unsure of the future. Couple this with the recent time portal update debacle and the lag, general bugginess, etc. And you have the potential for a consumer confidence crisis.

And then add a little more chaos like this streak of bad luck with voyages and gee what do you have. Lack of confidence and unwillingness to purchase goods and/or play any longer.