Home The Bridge

Basic Portal Oddity

Not a complaint, just seemed to buck the odds, so I thought I'd mention it.

I did 3x single "basic" portal pulls -- the ones next to the Dabo wheel, which normally give some kind of low- or no-star component -- to fulfill the daily "buy or redeem 3 things" task. I got:

3* Boxing Chakotay
2* Technician Rom
2* Away Team Archer

I'm aware you can get these from the Basic Portal, but normally it's about 1 in 12 or so.

I'm just wondering if, due to the implementation of a fix re: the new super rares, something else got accidentally tweaked as well.

Comments

• Ive had that happen a few times in one day so it's possible...just wish I'd have the good rng affect my farming...not the basic portals but hey grateful anyway
  • It is possible to get a 4* or 5* behold in the basic 10x Ive been playing since release and got one of each in basic 10x. Dont go blowing your credits on them mind you just it is possible.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had a 5* Behold in a 1x Basic Pull so not unheard of! I usually only get 2* crew at best, but for my behold I would guess this was as likely as hitting the jackpot in Dabo.

DB: Do Better
  • Guess it was just an extraordinary run of good luck, then!
  • I got 4* behold once.
  • I got a 4* behold from a single pull too. I wondered what the hell I had done! It was one I won in the Gauntlet too so it kind of felt right somehow...
  • You got me curious. So I ran five 1x pulls, an one 10x pull. I got all 0* components from the single pulls. The 10x pull did have 2 crew, rest were regular components.

Looks like it's working as intended. Meaning, congrats on winning RNG prize-o-the-day!