Home Make It So!
Options

crew rating imbalance and overuse

There is an imbalance in crew that is obvious to most, it has been highlighted recently by the cadet from Discovery being a 5* crew. In this case, for all we know, she may indeed be 5*. We'll have to wait and see.

But there is an ongoing problem with this that I feel should be addressed.

Some examples:

Klingon Dukat is a 3*, Icheb is a 4*. Icheb may be a genius but there is no instance where he would be a higher rating than any version of Dukat.

Cardassian Kira is a 4* but did very little and was only one one episode. Rifle Janeway was also on one episode but took back Voyager from an alien race pretty much on her own. She is a lowly 3*.

I know that you can't re-rank old crew members but perhaps you could balance the new ones better. The cadet on offer this week is not enticing at all and I expect your stats will show less packs brought this week than many others. That's not to say the crew isn't good, or that Discovery isn't either, it's a 5* cadet who has done little more than say a swear word.

This brings me on to the real 4* characters. There have been so many different species that have taken control of starships yet they don't feature. If a race is able to capture a starfleet vessel, even if they exist for one episode, they are a 4* - maybe even legendary. Yes, the ship gets retaken by our heroes and all is well, but they lost it in the first instance.

If we're going to get multiple versions of the same crew again and again they need to be balanced with some more of the universe.

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all due respect, you're reading too much into it. The crew strength/rarity is very subjective, and in no way intended to mean that character X is "better" than character Y in the Star Trek universe. It's a game, it's a business. Crew are given the stats they are for gameplay and marketing reasons.