Home The Bridge

So, eXo | SilverRose, How long will your arm be in a sling?

You opened 110 x 10 pulls. So 700 to 800ish blue crew to airlock. One at a time. Hope your wrist pain subsides quickly.

Disclaimer: This is actually a devious plan to point attention to the need for a multi-crew airlock tool, but I do honestly hope airlocking all those wasn't too bad :)

Comments

• The worst part of the whole process is waiting for the stupid honor animation to end so you can go to the next crew.
  • OH MY GOD FOREVER. AND I'M ALREADY DOWN A LEG.

But yes. It takes longer to delete all the damn characters than it does to pull them. And I still accidentally delete people because the order jumps around as I'm slogging through them.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Airlocking that amount probably end in blistered Fingers @ReneeUhnay :-D
  • OH MY GOD FOREVER. AND I'M ALREADY DOWN A LEG.

But yes. It takes longer to delete all the damn characters than it does to pull them. And I still accidentally delete people because the order jumps around as I'm slogging through them.

I thought about offering ice cream to my son to airlock the extra blue crew after my last 30 pack deal, but he might have gotten distracted and I'd be missing some keepers :)
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    And I still accidentally delete people because the order jumps around as I'm slogging through them.
    The fact that they get resorted after every dismissal is the most annoying ... I mean, really, WTF?!?!
  • haha I recommend airlocking for the "pending" characters first. That'll avoid the 'jumping around' issue. Yes, definitely a multi-select tool would be good.

Funny thing is that I suggested that to Support recently and the response was, "we kind of have one, it's the "favorite" function." o.O Thanks for listening.
  • Deli wrote: »
    haha I recommend airlocking for the "pending" characters first. That'll avoid the 'jumping around' issue. Yes, definitely a multi-select tool would be good.

That's actually not true, they reshuffle in pending as well.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Oh? Good to know. I just blindly dismiss from the 'pending' list and I've been ok. lol
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deli wrote: »
    haha I recommend airlocking for the "pending" characters first. That'll avoid the 'jumping around' issue. Yes, definitely a multi-select tool would be good.

Funny thing is that I suggested that to Support recently and the response was, "we kind of have one, it's the "favorite" function." o.O Thanks for listening.

I'd have immediately asked for a Supervisor as that's damn rude.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually have the resorting issue...
    At least I don't think I do.

When I'm dealing with large packs, I change the auto sort to. By level and start at the bottom.

This is likely "duh" news.. but just Incase
  • ReneeUhnay wrote: »
    OH MY GOD FOREVER. AND I'M ALREADY DOWN A LEG.

I thought about offering ice cream to my son to airlock the extra blue crew after my last 30 pack deal, but he might have gotten distracted and I'd be missing some keepers :)

lol.
    wise decision in the end

~ seeking out new life
  • SilverRose, are you still going to do a youtube of your SorryPulls?
  • I don't usually have the resorting issue...
    At least I don't think I do.

When I'm dealing with large packs, I change the auto sort to. By level and start at the bottom.

This is likely "duh" news.. but just Incase

I always start at the bottom as well and I don't have the resorting issue either. It seems to be starting from any character but the last one that triggers the resort.
    I've had it trigger when doing the last one but infrequently. I'm usually dumping so much that sometimes I dump all theoverflow and then re-recruit what I want to keep.

That was a very good feature that they added.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fusing will cause a re-sort.
  • When you sort alphabeticaly, the overflow chars are still at the bottom and don't jump around when dismissing.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    Fusing will cause a re-sort.
    Yeah that is annoying. Honestly it should never re-sort until you choose for it to from the pull-down menu (default, by level, by rarity, etc)

• This is a fantastic thread. Hope DB pays for SR's physical therapy!

Suggestion One - After you pull, at the character screen, you have an option of "Airlock" or "Confirm" option. That way you can immediately airlock the unwanted character.

Suggestion Two - Have "Sort by Date" option for crew tab so you can see who you got first.

Suggestion Three - Mass selection in crew so you can mass delete.

Should I start some type of poll?...
    This is a fantastic thread. Hope DB pays for SR's physical therapy!

Suggestion One - After you pull, at the character screen, you have an option of "Airlock" or "Confirm" option. That way you can immediately airlock the unwanted character.

Suggestion Two - Have "Sort by Date" option for crew tab so you can see who you got first.

Poll might be a good thing, though I don't think the suggestions are mutually exclusive. I would put some of this together, though and post over to "Make It So".
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    This is a fantastic thread. Hope DB pays for SR's physical therapy!

Poll might be a good thing, though I don't think the suggestions are mutually exclusive. I would put some of this together, though and post over to "Make It So".

I already did put it in Make It So sort of https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/119/please-make-an-airlock-all-level-1-blue-crew-members#latest

I really think the way to go is a button on the crew screen that brings up an airlock tool. The reenlist button could be used as a toggle button between crew, reenlist, airlock screens.

The airlock screen would allow you to select the rarity (default to blue) and max lvl (default to 1). Also, it should allow you to select yes or no (default to no) to airlock special fusion crew (B & L Duras, Neelix, Tuvok). Defaults should be remembered if changed. And if you mess up, it's all good, off to the reenlist screen you go.
  • I suggested on the old make it so Forum that there should be a quarantine area for new crew to go to and be sorted.