Home Ready Room
Options

Whats it like getting started?

NNNN ✭✭✭
I'm falling for DB's trap and now I feel like playing some stt, but I'm not really the type that can just fire up a game to test it out then walk away.
So as I'm debating if I should go at it or not and as I'm not even a star trek fan, how easy is it to get started n get into the game?

Comments

• Options
    Hrm. If you aren't a fan of Star Trek I'm not sure that I can recommend playing this game. There are a lot of hurdles that can only really be crossed by spending a fair amount of cash to open up crew slots and acquire a well rounded and powerful crew, though if you're looking for a challenge a VIP1 acct is certainly an option(You get the ability to immediately complete any mission you've fully completed previously at VIP1). For an IP that doesn't really do anything for you I'm not sure it will be worth it to pay in or smash your head into the wall enough to get there. This game is billed as a strategy game, but that's only true in certain aspects. Most of the game is solely dependent on rng, and it is not tuned toward the player.

All that said, of all the Trek games I've played, this one handles crew and away missions better than any other. It is pretty well made, but DB is a pretty inconsistent developer and they seem to have a tough time monetizing the game in a way that is both fair to the players and able to pay the bills which could lead to more cuts in the future.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    @cannabination Warp 1 is actually available to F2P players now so that's not an issue.

@NN don't do it, the only real fun in the game is getting all your favourite characters. If you're not into Trek there's not much in it for you.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clanof wrote: »
    @cannabination Warp 1 is actually available to F2P players now so that's not an issue.

@NN don't do it, the only real fun in the game is getting all your favourite characters. If you're not into Trek there's not much in it for you.

I totally agree. I'm not a video game guy. I don't play this as a video game, I play it as a Star Trek fan. Also there will be subtle advantages and such you will not be privy to if you are not a fan of the shows.

• Options
    NNNN ✭✭✭
    Ah thanks for the heads up peeps, I'll keep away from this one....will check youtube for some vids of it and the walking dead game though, just to see how they play.