Home The Bridge

Voyages question for Shan/DB

NasHamNasHam ✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
If someone starts a voyage and it fails and they pay dilithium to revive the voyage and continue to do this every time the voyage fails. How long before the voyage actually finishes? Does it ever finish or will it always fail if you don't recall? Is it a never-ending voyage and always doomed to run out of antimatter or does it ever finish? Also why are we not allowed to purchase antimatter for the voyage before we actually run out of antimatter?

I have on a few occasions run out of antimatter and used dilithium to revive and continue the voyage but I have only done this on a couple voyages and revived only 4 times using dilithium for a voyage. I want to know how many times I would have to revive before the voyage will actually come up as completed (if it ever completes) instead of always coming up as a failure and having to use dilithium to revive it and continue the voyage. I know that the longer the voyage goes the better the rewards get and it seems so far to me that the dilithium cost is worth it but I would actually like to for once see it say voyage complete or something to that effect.

I look forward to DB's reply to these questions.

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The voyage doesn't end on it's own. It ends either when you run out of antimatter and abandon it, or voluntarily recall it before antimatter runs out.

EDIT - antimatter, not dilithium
  • You may want to view the Wiki page about Voyages to learn how they work:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Voyages
  • Maybe I get you wrong, but you can purchase dilithium whenever you want. Before you ran out of Antimatter, Dilithium or whatever. Or did I miss something?

And why is there a need for a "finish"? I don't see a problem in realizing that your Antimatter rans out - and knowing what you wanna do, continue the voyage and pay...or order them to come home...
  • BenSon2007: Why would there not be a finish for a voyage and why should we not be able to buy antimatter before it runs out if we want a voyage to continue. Why should we have to wait for it to fail before we can add more antimatter? And a voyage finishing instead of being recalled should be a part of the game.Finishing a voyage should be a part of the game and give you extra rewards for finishing it also. A bonus of sorts.

Dralix: sorry I did mean antimatter not dilithium. And thx for the info

Captain Jello: thx for the info
  • I have also wanted an option at times to refill before it runs out. Sometimes I know that in 30 minutes, when I will run out, I will not be able to access the game for a few hours.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    NasHam wrote: »
    Dralix: sorry I did mean antimatter not dilithium. And thx for the info

You may have missed my post before I edited it - I had used dilithium in place of antimatter, so my EDIT comment was intended to say what I edited in my own post, not to call out yours. :)

But it's probably your fault that I said dilithium in the first place. :p
  • What? And dry up their new revenue stream? Never. I bet you could keep feeding them dilithium for a months long voyage and they wouldn't even blink.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.