Home The Bridge

Galaxy Events not always displaying where all to get components

So one thing that irks me every Galaxy event that rolls around is that some component-acquiring missions don't show up during the event, but they do during non-event times.

The one I always notice is when I try to get a 1* Polyalloy.
The best place to get them for the lowest chron cost and a decent drop rate is for 6 chronitons on the Behind Closed Doors mission in the first chapter. But that mission never shows up in the mission roster during galaxy events.

The missions which do show up are all much higher chron cost missions or lower drop rate missions (not saying it's a conspiracy, I think it's a bug since the roster shows Behind Closed Doors at 12 chrons twice, this is also the case for The Walls Have Ears at 8 chrons). The missions that show up are...

Thy Enemy's Secrets - 14 C
Self Control - 14 C
Striking at Shadows - 16 C
Behind Closed Doors - 12 C
Behind Closed Doors - 12 C
The Walls Have Ears - 8 C
The Walls Have Ears - 8 C
A Bold Move - 12 C
Stolen Command - 16 C
A Popular Item - 18 C
For His Own Good - 6 C (low drop rate)
Terran Empire Transmissions

Has anyone else noticed this either with this component or with other components?
Mainly anytime I need a 1* polyalloy for Galaxy, I go to universe view, select Chapter 1, then go to Elite level and find Behind Closed Doors manually. It's quite irritating.
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice the 1* Polyalloy issue all the time, not just during Galaxies. A few other missions for various components leave out missions sometimes too, or include missions where it was a rare reward that's already been cleared.
  • This has been reported ages ago, multiple times on forums and tickets. There has been no response from DB on any of these venues other than a ticket response saying "we're looking into it - closed ticket."
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    I notice the 1* Polyalloy issue all the time, not just during Galaxies. A few other missions for various components leave out missions sometimes too, or include missions where it was a rare reward that's already been cleared.

I've noticed the mission roster including rare rewards which have already been obtained before. In fact one day about 2 weeks ago, I spent 100 chrons trying to get a component from a rare reward mission which appeared in my roster even though I already cleared that reward months back probably. So I put in a ticket and got refunded those chrons, but still the mission shouldn't have appeared in my roster anyway. And this issue still occurs, so I make sure to read each mission in the roster closely if they are listed for rare reward or standard reward.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • UnkieB wrote: »

I've noticed the mission roster including rare rewards which have already been obtained before. In fact one day about 2 weeks ago, I spent 100 chrons trying to get a component from a rare reward mission which appeared in my roster even though I already cleared that reward months back probably. So I put in a ticket and got refunded those chrons, but still the mission shouldn't have appeared in my roster anyway. And this issue still occurs, so I make sure to read each mission in the roster closely if they are listed for rare reward or standard reward.

That's a different bug. This bug has also been around for a long time, but not sure if it goes as far back as the first bug listed here.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    3* Alcohol does the same thing. Operation Isolate at 12 chrons disappears sometimes and the 16-chron one (which also drops 3* alcohol) appears twice.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely annoying. But Lady G, the 12-cost BCD is actually the better run for 1* Poly anyway according to the wiki. (And even more-so if you're running a Supply Kit, since you'll get the full 25% cost reduction rather than wasting some of the round-up from 4.5.)