Home The Bridge

Can we implement back claims for community rewards in an event?

My friend sometimes has internet connections issues getting on the game, I guess the internet in Honduras isn't so great at times. But because of this, he couldn't log in to get the first two community rewards.

I feel that if you enter into the event and participate to the pot at any time, that you should get those rewards. Sure, it could create some form of abuse with people who would only log in to an event to give one component a build then claim those rewards. But no matter how small the effort, it is still putting effort into the community.

I just feel badly for him because he was really excited to participate and now there is little for him to feel he can accomplish.
He doesn't have the strongest crew so he won't make it as far as the needed rank level to get the ranked crew rewards. So he relies on the community rewards to help him out where they can.

I also consider what if I were in a position where I missed the community reward due to connectivity issues. I'd be rather miffed, I participate pretty heavily in events and if I couldn't enter the event until after all the community rewards had been shucked out, I'd have almost no incentive to bother because I'd feel left out of the enjoyment of the event.

What are people's thoughts?
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that if you enter into the event and participate to the pot at any time, that you should get those rewards.

As I understand it, that's the way it works today. The only thing I'm not sure of is waiting until event end. There's always some reports of missing community rewards when they're not claimed before the event ends, but I don't know if that's global or isolated incidents.
  • The community rewards are available for claiming as long as normal event rewards are. I personally have claimed them a day or 2 after the event ended.. I know you have to make a single component to get them, and it might have to be in Phase 1, but not sure about that last part. I'm not clear what the issue is?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    faroguy wrote: »
    I know you have to make a single component to get them, and it might have to be in Phase 1

For full galaxy events, you do have to earn some VP in phase 1.

In a hybrid event, your phase 1 shuttle VP allows you to claim community rewards without having to do any crafting.
  • eXo|cuzspicyeXo|cuzspicy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I feel that if you enter into the event and participate to the pot at any time, that you should get those rewards. Sure, it could create some form of abuse with people who would only log in to an event to give one component a build then claim those rewards. But no matter how small the effort, it is still putting effort into the community.

This is exactly how it currently works. Once you complete one recipe all of the community rewards which have been unlocked are given to you.

Edit: Assuming you complete the recipe during the community phase.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing about this. I have told him that if he hasn't received his rewards, then to send in a support ticket.

I am always timely with events so I've never left them long enough to see how they act at later periods in the event.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.