Home Make It So!
Options

New Event Ideas

Please submit anything to do with what you want for an event, storyline and all. What Characters? What Faction/Items/Missions? Even a new mode that you think would work. All about events will be discussed here
Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking "The Synicate". 5* Orion Vina (existing) 4* Orion Slaver(existing) 4* Harrad-Sar (new) but Orion Slaver showed up on this event. Perhaps then they can introduce the three Orion Slave girls from Enterprise as a new 4 or 5 star to go with Harrad-Sar
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking "The Synicate". 5* Orion Vina (existing) 4* Orion Slaver(existing) 4* Harrad-Sar (new) but Orion Slaver showed up on this event. Perhaps then they can introduce the three Orion Slave girls from Enterprise as a new 4 or 5 star to go with Harrad-Sar

Or maybe just the head one who did all the talking
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet style event, call it Juggernaut.

2 tickets per day, more for Dilithium.
    Entire roster* available, escalating difficulty versus generally random CPU generated opponents. First victory is 50vp escalating to 4000. VP drops by 25% with each loss (so loss after reaching vp 4000 would be 3000 per win)

Bonus characters would either have slower / lower fatigue and or bonus VP for being used.

Event opponents would have no bonus of a Star base while we would retain, mega characters which are generally not available to the majority would also not appear as CPU generated targets (i.e defensive Phlox)

--
    * Entire roster for use if DB did a bracket system for deciding "winners"

There are several ways this could be done
    But for programming sake the simplest I think would be by Captain level (CL)

I can't remember if you need a minimum cl too compete in events so we will just assume there is and say it's level 5 as DB wants new young money asap.

So CL 5-16 would only rank against each other for a top prize

17-25 , 26 -32, 33-39 , 40-47 48 -55 , 55 up
    (More brackets so long as there are enough players at the higher CLs to fill them)

Each CL bracket would compete with in itself so far as rank and prize goes, event opponents would be structured to the likely general difficult it would pose to players of those ranks so event could simultaneously compete in a global event bracket also, as 17-25 would have just as hard of a time reaching 150,000 VP as 55 up and thus ANYONE in theory could win the top global prize as well as their brackets.

This bracketing system could also be achieved by number of crew slots a player has instead of CL level. In this case the min starting crew slots now is what.. 60 ?

So you could easily do
    60-80 , 81-100, 101-120. Ect.
    (Or slot spacing of 25 or 30)

Either of these two ways would keep every player in the race and with a chance to win
    It wouldn't be an obvious (although, still likely) scenario of "well he's vip14 with 390 crew slots, of course they are going to win"

Alternately
    The last recourse would be just a single global ranking system as we have now and every player picks their top 30 or 40 characters and let evolution and natural selection reign supreme.

(I'm honestly great with any of these options if it means a new event type, main thought in the bracket / entire roster concept was I notice there are a lot of inpatient players who may not want to pick 30 or 40 crew to use.. I myself would relish it)

I'd suggest in any situation, it should be a battle arena style winning board, top 1 percent gets Grand prize, 2-10 next prize so on and so on.

So where's the beef ?
    How can DB turn this in to income ?

Ok, well first of course would be event packs you standard go to.

You could incorporate boosts so if a player is facing a Command Medical but only had say mirror Picard still viable, could use a medical boost to give himself need stats for that one battle.. or a command boost to bolster what he already has.

More event tickets could / would cost some Dilithium.
    How many would sell, would be a question of how many slots a player starts with and if your going "whole roster" or "pick 30"

If a player has 390 slots I freely admit they may not need to buy more event tickets with a roster that large.. but if they have that big of a roster they would be more likely to go after boosts because they want to win.

(And they can see it as a perk of playing so long, "yay I spent my money well !" I made a good choice, I'll keep making these kinds of choices in the future = $)

You could incorporate a squad prize, 1 shared crew (out of a minimum of 30 crew to use, this would be a great advertisement for that crew to players it is shared with and encourage players to go after them harder next chance they get)

The squad prizes should be ramped up for this event type. Do away with rations, make it Honor
    -

That's all I can think of for this event type for now. Yes, it could be a grinder for those with giant rosters.. but.. it would be different and would breath be life in to events.

A lot more hybrid types could be created..
    Half faction, half Juggernaut.

Half Juggernaut, half Galaxy.

The true great grinder event, half expedition half Juggernaut.

I'd buy an event pack or two if it were all new crew on a half Expedition half Juggernaut.
    That would be my "here's my money DB" event.

• Options
    Anything to get me in top 15..."Easily" I'll sign off on it. Lol 😁