Home Make It So!
Options

honor shop special sale

... How about, every week in the honor Shop a different 5* character at a lower special price ?

Rotate it weekly..
Lol, basically given how often new ones are released it'll be a one time offer for each one that shows up.

(Hell, you could do it on a bi-daily basis of you wanted and it would still take 13 it 14 months to go all the way around)

Sell the special for.. 30 / 33,000 honor.

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't mind if it was at the Kahless price to be honest as at least you could feel you could achieve it at some point.
    Cymru am byth
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm for the sale price idea. Frankly I'd have it for 4s as well so that folks coming up that are struggling have something easier to attain as well. Lower than the behold price and definitely daily refresh.
  • Options
    This is a solid idea. Maybe to make it even better, make the "featured" honor character a variant of an upcoming event character. Weekly refresh seems reasonable to me and having both a 4* and 5* would be nice.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if it was at the Kahless price to be honest as at least you could feel you could achieve it at some point.

Just curious...
    Why would anyone buy a star for double the cost of a citation unless it was a super special edition like kahless, whoopy or Locutus ?

That idea, pushs them further out of reach (of at the least doesn't bring them any closer)

I've got something like 24.. 25 legendary 5* characters, the vast majority have only 1 star.

It'll take me roughly 6 years just to Immortalize the ones I have now..
    (Based on roughly enough honor per month to do 1, 5* citation / 4 months per character, 3 legendary per year equals 18 legendary over 6 years.. taking in to account random lucky drops so not actually putting the final star on a legendary so that luck has room to help and not become 500 honor.. I would reach the 25 legendary filled out)

((And these are calculations that account for Voyages, pre Voyages I was looking at 10 years as an optimistic number))
    --

I like the idea of doing the same with super rare 4* something like 10,000.. 12000 honor

Perhaps make them limited purchase per cycle
    (Be it they rotate daily or weekly)
    5*s 2x per cycle (given the expense automatical creates a limiting factor). And 1x for the 4* ?
  • Options

Just curious...
    Why would anyone buy a star for double the cost of a citation unless it was a super special edition like kahless, whoopy or Locutus ?

That idea, pushs them further out of reach (of at the least doesn't bring them any closer)

I've got something like 24.. 25 legendary 5* characters, the vast majority have only 1 star.

It'll take me roughly 6 years just to Immortalize the ones I have now..
    (Based on roughly enough honor per month to do 1, 5* citation / 4 months per character, 3 legendary per year equals 18 legendary over 6 years.. taking in to account random lucky drops so not actually putting the final star on a legendary so that luck has room to help and not become 500 honor.. I would reach the 25 legendary filled out)

((And these are calculations that account for Voyages, pre Voyages I was looking at 10 years as an optimistic number))
    --

I like the idea of doing the same with super rare 4* something like 10,000.. 12000 honor

Perhaps make them limited purchase per cycle
    (Be it they rotate daily or weekly)
    5*s 2x per cycle (given the expense automatical creates a limiting factor). And 1x for the 4* ?

I think they should be higher than the cost of a citation, the citation only applies to crew you already have and the behold is a random selection. With the sales offer you know who and what you are getting so a higher price is acceptable. I agree that the Kahless price should only be reserved for the top quality ones so perhaps a stage in between 60-75k honour for a specific GOLD crew member that's perfectly doable for even a F2P person.

The idea of purples being on offer is great as well here I'd say at the 20k level though as it's got to be above the behold value for a super rare.

Perhaps these special offers are only for crew not yet in the portal packs, which would make them more tempting.
    Cymru am byth
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was as much to get people a chance at new characters, as it was the ability to give a discount to players who already have them and don't want to spend 6 years trying to fully fuse all their legendary crew. Ya want to over pay for a crew you don't have already, every faction shop offers crew for 15,000 Dilithium or do a honor behold. Why find reasons to keep things expensive without end or break ?

Even Dabo goes on discount sale once and a while..

Do you go to the store and say..
    "Hmm.. this creme soda in the multi pack is really nice... But I don't want to pay the $2 for the multi pack of 12 with 2 different flavors, I'd rather pay $14 dollars and just get 6 cans" ?

Cause that's about what your suggesting.

Now if you want to branch of with the separate idea, of limited time crew being 70,000 honor one they are out of the portal but before they go into the standard premium portal.. great.
    Sure.

My idea is for every 5* in the standard premium portal to rotate on a daily basis in the honor shop for a discounted price.