Home The Bridge

Starbases Addition: New Max Levels in Core Skill Rooms

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
Greetings, Captains!

Some of our Fleet Admirals have voiced concerns regarding having completed Starbases or having Starbases nearing completion. We heard you, and while we are working on a more robust expansion to Starbases, today we are implementing the following change:
• All Core Skill rooms will see their max level, and their Skill Buff percentage, increase from 5 to 6. Please note the Transporter Room will not receive an increase to its max level at this time.

This will allow for dedicated fleets to continue to make Starbase Component contributions.

Thank you for your continuous feedback, and for playing STAR TREK TIMELINES.

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team

Comments

• Hallelujah and pass the peanut sauce! Thank you!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that was a nice surprise!
  • Thank you! ❤
  • Great news, thx Shan. <3
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! Appreciate the reassurance that a more robust solution is being worked on as well.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad to the a!
  • Brilliant!! Thank you :-)
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm outta holoemitters :)
  • DB! Gooooood Sh*******t and thanks!
  • Thank you so much for this.

One extra request - I notice that all of the rooms except SICKBAY need HOLOEMITTERS. Please change this or make the drop rates for HOLOEMITTERS easier.
  • edited October 2017
    Thank you so much for this.
    Now could I ask that you make the drop rate for HOLOEMITTERS a little higher (all but one of the rooms need them to upgrade)
  • It's a much appreciated half-measure solution.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Thanks!
    Admiral Timeless Warrior
    LINE ID: Timeless_Warrior
    Packer Backers Fleet
    SttPackerBackers.WordPress.com
  • Holoemitters are a big problem for starbases with less players. It takes us over a week to get enough of these to start the next room, everything else is maxed out. We're lucky to be making the 50 chrons daily at the moment, and these galaxy events are giving us tons of nanopolymer which is nice for replicators but useless for too much else. I'd like to ask for a replicator room that takes nanopolymer dumps to give us an extra replication per day, or maybe an extra replication per certain number of dumps.

Anyways, thanks for giving everyone the extra rooms and letting us know you're looking into it, the last week has seen some great input from the DB team and it's good for players to see quickly implemented changes, even if they are quick fixes, and to know you are responding to our concerns!
  • Thank you so much for this.

One extra request - I notice that all of the rooms except SICKBAY need HOLOEMITTERS. Please change this or make the drop rates for HOLOEMITTERS easier.

This is what I have been saying forever. Thank you DB for feeding the tryhards and still leaving the smaller and more casual guilds with the same stall wall that is now putting us more levels behind the power curve.

FIX THIS PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the attention in this matter. I appreciate the effort and will hope that you provide a long term solution in a timely fashion.
  • Please add a trading post room to the starbase. It could be something like an auction house where we can post things that other fleet members can buy or take. Keep it fleet trading only. I am not asking to be able to trade crew or schematics and I don’t think they should be traceable. Equipment and faction equipment would be nice. If no trading than give us the room where we can sell crew and equipment for credits to an NPC. We all know credits are an issue now with all of the easy replicator rations in voyages.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...If no trading than give us the room where we can sell crew and equipment for credits to an NPC...
    Selling crew to an NPC for credits? You with the Orion Syndicate??? Quick DB, add this guy to the current event! :p
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thank you so much for this.
    Now could I ask that you make the drop rate for HOLOEMITTERS a little higher (all but one of the rooms need them to upgrade)

This is false. My guess is you haven't completed the other level 5 rooms that require Holos (only the MED room). (Either that or something REALLY random like different fleets are getting different room recipes, which I doubt).

The wiki hasn't been updated (https://stt.wiki/wiki/Starbase), but I'm seeing 30k Tritanium/Nanopolymer across the board plus 25k Transparent Aluminum on DIP/SEC/MED and 25k Holoemitters on CMD/ENG/SCI.

This follows the same cost-escalating pattern that we've seen since the original rooms were released.

Edit: While I was at it, I updated the wiki for lvl 6 rooms.
  • Thumbs up! Should keep us occupied for a few weeks. :smiley:
  • edited October 2017
    Peachtree Rex is right (and thank you for the info on what components we will need moving forward). Our fleet are still to complete the OBSERVATION LOUNGE (Diplomacy) and ARMORY (Security) rooms to level 5 on our starbase, which (while being a blinkered snapshot of our individual fleet's progress, rather than a universal perspective) only serves to illustrate my main point (and request) which is all to do with the low drop rate on HOLOEMITTERS (which seems to be significantly lower than any other starbase component).
    Hence, my requests stands. Please look at the drop rates of HOLOEMITTERS, especially as the game seems so biased in terms of Away Team missions over space battles.
  • This solution is nothing more than a band-aid. What is needed are more rooms, maybe to upgrade stats on ships and shuttles, with much higher donation requirements to upgrade. A shame more foresight wasn't applied to starbases in the early development stages.
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    nice change but holoemmitters are the big problem in the game, we have 4 rooms waiting on them, so surprised that someone says it is just three rooms that need them.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    garner wrote: »
    nice change but holoemmitters are the big problem in the game, we have 4 rooms waiting on them, so surprised that someone says it is just three rooms that need them.

They alternate. Half are even number level Holos, Half are odd number level holos.