Home The Holodeck

Discovery/Section 31

Is this just a conspiracy theory or is it true?
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Comments

• I don't know, on one hand the ship's insignia is 1031. Perhaps section 31?!?! But on the other hand if this is the beginning of section 31 then how do they turn into section 31? And does future section 31 (in DS9) have a spore drive?! I don't think so!

- My opinion is that it is purely coincidental
    What do you think? True or false?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • From the beginning I thought Discovery and Section 31 might be related, not exactly like Discovery being a Section 31 ship BUT using some of their intelligence and fancy stuff. Despite the fact that the show is set 10 years before TOS it has much more advanced things than Enterprise, the best ship from Starfleet at the time of James Kirk. It could simply be that they decided to ignore the already existing canon, like with the redesign of the Klingons, and show off all they can do in the field of FX or it could be that Discovery is more advanced in some ways because there is something fishy about it. Hell, even Lorca is fishy as f!!
    Anyway, Section 31 ALREADY existed in ST: Enterprise (set roughly 80 years before Discovery), in fact Malcolm Reed had been working for them as well, so Discovery is not the beginning of such organisation.
    This section takes the name from Article 14, Section 31 from the original Starfleet Charter, so if the ship's number were an indicator of Discovery being from this organisation, wouldn't it make more sense that the number were in fact 1431?
  • That point about the Article 14,Section 31 thing makes sense.Maybe there could be another clause in the charter that could relate to that. I hope DIS is Section 31 or something else. It's too edgy and dark for my taste. At least that would explain things.
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Another bit of trivia is that Shenzou translates to Magic Vessel or Divine Craft. Fitting for a piece of almost magic machinery.
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• I would like it to be some sort of secret weapon or Section 31 material as well, that would really show the dark side of Starfleet, which we haven't really seen that much.
    Magic Vessel that gets destroyed by Klingons, not sure the name was fitting lol