Home Ready Room
Options

Dropping in leaderboard position

For the current event, Orion Belt, I achieved all the threshold awards with over a day left to go in phase one. There are still 17 hours left in phase two, and my position in the solo leaderboard has dropped? How is that possible? Shouldn't early finishers be given higher positions?

Comments

• Options
    I am afraid that rankings are based on current scores, so if people keep going they catch up to you and will bypass you.
  • Options
    Hmm. That makes no sense. If there's no way to add to your score, that's unfair. Honestly, I can't figure out how the ranking is even achieved because there is no explanation I can find on the official site or the stt wiki. Oh well
  • Options
    You can add to your score, as long as you keep going. You just do not get any rewards, other than the final from your rank.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. That makes no sense. If there's no way to add to your score, that's unfair. Honestly, I can't figure out how the ranking is even achieved because there is no explanation I can find on the official site or the stt wiki. Oh well

If you keep crafting recipes, you keep adding to your score, regardless of which thresholds you've hit. Not sure how else to put this...
  • Options
    It makes sense to me. It's not a sprint. Whoever has the highest point total at the end, is ranked is the winner. I've been dropping most of the day too, but that's how it goes.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It makes sense to me. It's not a sprint. Whoever has the highest point total at the end, is ranked is the winner. I've been dropping most of the day too, but that's how it goes.
    Yes. People go well beyond the top threshold reward in search of better rewards from the ranked list. This week's event happens to be unusually high. Top 2000 is usually around 170-210k VP, but this time it's 375k points at the moment. Top 1000 must be crazy high. No doubt the extra Chrons from Voyages now are enticing people to push farther as there's more "disposable income" than there used to be.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    Yes. People go well beyond the top threshold reward in search of better rewards from the ranked list. This week's event happens to be unusually high. Top 2000 is usually around 170-210k VP, but this time it's 375k points at the moment. Top 1000 must be crazy high. No doubt the extra Chrons from Voyages now are enticing people to push farther as there's more "disposable income" than there used to be.

I think the Chron deal coming back at 9.95 USD might have had an impact as well. Was a perfect storm of chrons.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »

I think the Chron deal coming back at 9.95 USD might have had an impact as well. Was a perfect storm of chrons.

Yes, last week was really the only Galaxy week I noticed the chron deal was not in the time portal