Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyages - Expensive bug costs me dilithium, loot AND patience! FIX IT!

Something went terribly wrong yesterday:

I had recalled my voyage: clicked recall, everything seemed fine. I checked back a few hours later and suddenly I'm out of AT, stranded. What? So I furiously paid the asked dilithium to progress further, checked back a few hours later: NO progress, not a single pixel. Perplexed and out of options I pressed "recall" again. And again: everything seemed fine (showed me the time of arrival, went green). But after a few hours I logged back in only to find out that I'm out of AT ...AGAIN. HOW? What is going on? Now the game asks me for another 143 dilithium. No! Enough is enough. I paid, I waited, I paid again, then I waited again.
Give me back my crew, my dilithium and my loot. I did everything right. But now I'm in the situation that I have to pay for your server lags (or whatever the problem might be) AND have to wait weeks until my ticket is processed.

You people log every move. Just look in your logs to verify my claim. I'm so incredibly annoyed, I don't have to words to describe it. I need help. Now. Not in two weeks from now. Help me, please.

Comments

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a quick response from CS last week when it happened to me. Although I only got some dilithium, it was better than nothing.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry this happened to you. We are looking into it but we do not have a solution yet.
    Ticket is the only way to go about this, make sure to add "Voyages fail" in the subject line, and detail the Dilithium you have spent on it.

• Options
    I've already opened a ticket (340911, "Voyages bugs"), but my fleet members told me it'll take around two weeks for support to respond.

Honestly: STT is so incredible expensive to play properly, how about drastically stocking up your support team instead of buying golden yachts (or whatever). At least for me your business model ("we are rather greedy and you are rather nostalgic") works only as long as I don't feel cheated. But now I feel cheated.

That is not supposed to attack you personally, Shan. You responded and I'm somewhat thankful for that. It's a criticism of your company's corporate structure. Because I worked in IT support. And two weeks always means "hopefully, with any luck, that duration is long enough, so you forget your quarrels and we all can get on with our lives".

When I spend a few hundered bucks in Las Vegas, people there treat me like a guy who just spent a few hundered bucks. When I spend a few hundered bucks on STT or games like it, your industry gives me animal names ("whale") and leaves me alone with my (valid) complaints. Well, not "alone", but you know what I mean: there's still no solution to my problem.

Anyway, I'm just doing now what disgruntled costumers usually do: I'm venting in a void. Feels better. Accomplishes nothing.

Still am very annoyed by this situation, though.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    If you have poor internet connection or if game itself is lagging the voyage can run but not show a running log. When it does this u need to exit game, force close and reopen.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I am sorry this happened to you. We are looking into it but we do not have a solution yet.
    Ticket is the only way to go about this, make sure to add "Voyages fail" in the subject line, and detail the Dilithium you have spent on it.

If you don't spend the dilithium, though, you get nothing. Except i got a rude reply chastising me for expecting the game to work without glitches that froze the voyage without awarding the dilemma benefits.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Same issue happened to me yesterday. still staring at the system failure in amazement waiting for a response from DB.

I should probably spend the Dil and get the Super Rare crew sitting in there and the 550+ dil.

sigh
    Admiral Christopher Pike
    Joint Fleets
    Temporal Defense Initiative (TDI)
    Deep Space Armada (DSA)
    Temporal Defense Initiative 2 (TDI2)

Discord Server
  • Options
    Resolved! Support responded, they gave my back all the wasted dilithium, but are technically unable to do the same with loot. Furthermore, it's a known bug and they try to fix it.
  • Options
    The bug you're describing is the same one I've been trying to deal with CS on since the start of the month.