Home Engineering Room

Out of memory (FB Gameroom)

I frequently leave the game running in the background, but recently (Last 3-4 days) I have seen an error box pop up informing that the game has used up it's allocated memory and the developer should increase that allocation.
Just want to let you know that this issue exists. It's fixed through a reload, but it has popped up twice in unfortunate circumstances, once costing me the results of a voyage, and once costing me an arena battle.
Kindly look into this, so I and others may avoid losing precious items and time.

Comments

• This happens a lot to me too.
    Most often when loading Arena Battles and it will freeze and say GL out of memory.

I mean it's not a HUGE deal, but it sure is annoying and I hardly ever had it happen before the upgrade and the addition of Voyages.
  • stzr1ucmtmqi.png

Error message for reference.
  • FayFay ✭✭
    This happens to me frequently as well, sometimes so often I cannot play at all, it's just a constant reload.
  • stzr1ucmtmqi.png

Error message for reference.

Yuppp this exact message with me as well.
  • I get it both on gameroom and through facebook itself

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • I have gotten the same message maybe a half dozen times. Any response from DB on this?
  • Same here. It's a constant issue for me while playing via Facebook
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is on our list but no resolution yet.
  • Whatever update was pushed today seems to have made it worse

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing major was pushed yesterday.

Could I have some information on the browser you are using as well as the specs of your computers.
    Operating system, how much memory.
  • Win10, Chrome (or gameroom), 8gb ram.

From my limited understanding (and experience), the more different things you do in game (shuttles, gauntlet, voyages, etc.) the more chance it will crash, so I'm taking a wild stab that there is a memory leak somewhere.

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Bump. Was there ever a fix for this? I mean, this game has never run especially well thru Facebook, but it's gotten extreme as of late. I crash at least once a day, and the memory grind out is almost 90s-esque. This game is just hemorrhaging memory like crazy. A lot of FB games have this problem, so I don't know if it's just a browser or flash issue, but it just seems so.....cheap. Anyhoo, I'm running on either IE/"Edge" or Chrome, win 10 (PoS), and an ASUS gaming laptop. I like this game, but if there's anything I dread about it, it's starting the bloody thing.
  • Def hasn't been fixed, the memory bleed is reaching new levels of insane too.

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils