Home Ready Room

Looking for best ftp crew to complete missions

There is a lot of cool lists around that clearly have a lot of work put into them. But they can be overwhelming.
Peachtree Rex's spreadsheet has a list of suggestions for the weekday cadet missions. The minimalist crew tab.
12 - 13 crew that should cover all of the missions even on epic.
And there is a list of crew by A Blues fan that is useful for the weekend cadet missions and that is about 13 more.

But I don't imagine that I can beat all of the missions on elite with just those 25 or so crew.
What are the top 20 or so rare crew that should be kept just for missions?

I looked at the Do not Airlock checklist by Leshy but only a small amount of crew are recommended to be airlocked and many crew are listed as keep for the same few missions.

Comments

• Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the DNA checklist.

So, are you asking about non-cadet missions?

If so, there are just so many possible crew that it's impossible to tell you who to gun for. Additionally, it's impossible to tell what you're going to randomly draw from packs or events on the way there.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peachtree Rex's sheet does have a Top 2 F2P tab, which is 3* and lower crew. While it's listed as being for shuttles, it includes min, max, and average rolls, which is important for away missions. It doesn't factor in required traits, but it's still a good resource for rare crew for missions.
  • When you're first starting out, the key thing is to get a strong crew member in every skill. That will get you through most of the missions, the ones without the lock icons. So first, just focus on leveling up your strong crew in each. You can use the DNA checklist and look for things like DIP 3* Base or DIP 3* Max to see if you have any of the "ideal" crew for a stat, or you can look up your crew in the Wiki to compare their maximum values for each stat.

As you work on getting the equipment for those strong crew members, you will naturally start to find the holes in your crew. For example, maybe in order to get that next item, you need to crit a Security node that's locked to the Vulcan trait. Okay, so now it's time to level up that Talos IV Spock hanging out at level 1 in your crew roster.

And of course, if you are F2P, then you probably want to keep any purples or golds that you get at first. Even the "crappy" ones are going to be good compared to that one-star blue that's currently your best for X skill. :-)
  • LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    There is a lot of cool lists around that clearly have a lot of work put into them. But they can be overwhelming.
    I looked at the Do not Airlock checklist by Leshy but only a small amount of crew are recommended to be airlocked and many crew are listed as keep for the same few missions.
    The Do Not Airlock checklist is a dynamic sheet that updates as you fill in the crew that you have.

When you do not have any crew yet, you "need" pretty much all of them for something. As you start filling out the crew that you have, the requirements that those crew meet are removed from the rest, and more and more crew become airlock-able.

Example: An empty sheet will list both 2* Major Kira and 1* Maquis Chakotay as "Need", as they can both pass the locked node on the mission 'Picking the Bones'. If you get Major Kira and mark her as Active on the sheet, it will update to show that you now no longer need Maquis Chakotay for anything.

I would say that if you want to find out the minimum crew needed to pass all missions in the game, that the Do Not Airlock checklist is actually quite a useful tool – by marking the crew as active that can complete most missions, it will quickly tell you what missions still remain open that you need other crew for.

A quick check now shows, for example, that Commander Kira Nerys, Crell Moset, Joachim, Maquis Tuvok, Mirror Kirk, Mirror T'Pol, Obsidian Order Garak, The Professor and Zhian'tara Odo will already complete nearly all missions in the game between the nine of them, with only a handful of missions left that you need some other crew for. Of course, they are not exactly what you would consider 'F2P' crew, but you would have to check for yourself what you consider 'F2P' and what not.

And keep in mind that not all missions can necessarily be passed by lower-ranking crew at the highest difficulties.
  • Does someone have a link to this checklist?
    Jack Mitchell
  • jackson992 wrote: »
    Does someone have a link to this checklist?

Here you go. Thx Leshy for maintaining it.