Home Make It So!
Options

Why does the Borg SCOUT ship not have the "scout" trait?

Comments

• Options
    Because the borg scout with battlecruisers apparently.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • Options
    I noticed that too lol. Makes no sense.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Also why does the HMS Bounty not have the klingon trait?
  • Options
    I went over all the ships and traits, here's my thoughts. First up, Battlecruiser and Warship are basically the same thing. Let's combine them both into Warship. Now that that's out of the way...

Borg Scout Ship - Needs Scout, obviously. It should also have Ruthless. The Borg are pretty ruthless. Well, they were up until Voyager, but I digress.

Borg Sphere - Needs Scout. (Borg Sphere 878 has it, so why doesn't the generic?)

NX-01 Enterprise - Is obviously Historic. I'm on the fence about Federation, if Enterprise had run to 7 seasons, maybe?

USS Defiant, Defiant Class Ship - Are Warships, not fighters.

HMS Bounty - Like Klingon Dukat and other similar crew, this ship should be Federation AND Klingon.

Klingon K'Vort Bird-of-Prey - Is a Warship. Bounty has Warship and it's the same class of ship. Bounty and K'Vort are also "Scout class vessels" according to Chekov, so give them that too.

Maquis Raider, Val Jean - Should be Federation. They're Federation designed ships that were used by the Maquis, they didn't build them themselves.
  • Options
    I went over all the ships and traits, here's my thoughts. First up, Battlecruiser and Warship are basically the same thing. Let's combine them both into Warship. Now that that's out of the way...

Borg Scout Ship - Needs Scout, obviously. It should also have Ruthless. The Borg are pretty ruthless. Well, they were up until Voyager, but I digress.

Borg Sphere - Needs Scout. (Borg Sphere 878 has it, so why doesn't the generic?)

NX-01 Enterprise - Is obviously Historic. I'm on the fence about Federation, if Enterprise had run to 7 seasons, maybe?

USS Defiant, Defiant Class Ship - Are Warships, not fighters.

HMS Bounty - Like Klingon Dukat and other similar crew, this ship should be Federation AND Klingon.

Klingon K'Vort Bird-of-Prey - Is a Warship. Bounty has Warship and it's the same class of ship. Bounty and K'Vort are also "Scout class vessels" according to Chekov, so give them that too.

Maquis Raider, Val Jean - Should be Federation. They're Federation designed ships that were used by the Maquis, they didn't build them themselves.

Then the HMS Bounty is a Klingon ship not Federation as the Federation didn't build them themselves.
  • Options
    Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    AlloyIV wrote: »
    Then the HMS Bounty is a Klingon ship not Federation as the Federation didn't build them themselves.

It is credited as a Federation ship because of the fact the crew of the Enterprise used the ship

Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Options
    [...]

I've always read traits as "If I was in the verse, would people think this of me? Do I reap benefits/consequences of this trait?" In this case, I could understand why Maquis ships don't have Federation; they're considered terrorists and therefore are unlikely to be seen as Federation ships and are unlikely to gain or have what gives Federation ships advantages, e.g. legitimacy, as I don't think there's anything about their design that gives them a particular edge? Like there's no tech exclusive to Federation ships in general.
    if there no images then its not really a sig is it? #givemeimagesorgivemedeath
    member of (Brooklyn 9)9RS
  • Options
    If you didn't know who the Maquis were, and a raider came at you filled with mostly humans, and attacked your outpost, you'd think it was the Federation and you'd be pretty choked.

Plus I got the impression that lots of Federation colonies use the same class of ship, it's just that the Maquis weaponized it. Torres implied those ships were decades old so they're probably pretty common on colonies.

It's the same reasoning behind the Bounty having Federation and Klingon. Federation because it's being operated by a Starfleet crew, but Klingon because if you see a Bird of Prey decloak in front of you you're going to assume it's got Klingons on board.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    To use a maritime analogy, the Maquis raiders are flying Maquis colors, the Bounty is flying Federation colors.
    It's the same reasoning behind the Bounty having Federation and Klingon.

But the discussion is academic anyway. Ships have 3 (4* or 5*) or 2 (1*, 2*, 3*) traits. One of those traits identifies the racial/political affiliation. In that context, Maquis ships should have Maquis, and the Bounty should have Federation.
  • Options
    ro78i7wl51uc.jpg
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't know who the Maquis were, and a raider came at you filled with mostly humans, and attacked your outpost, you'd think it was the Federation and you'd be pretty choked.

Plus I got the impression that lots of Federation colonies use the same class of ship, it's just that the Maquis weaponized it. Torres implied those ships were decades old so they're probably pretty common on colonies.

It's the same reasoning behind the Bounty having Federation and Klingon. Federation because it's being operated by a Starfleet crew, but Klingon because if you see a Bird of Prey decloak in front of you you're going to assume it's got Klingons on board.

I believe the same class of ship is seen in the Federation forces in the retake DS9 battle.