Home Engineering Room
Options

Various problems, solutions and suggestions

Since support is M.I.A. for a month now, I'll post here some of the major issues probably everyone has encountered, plus some suggestions.

1. Gauntlet Firewall
Probably most of you encountered the gauntlet Guinan or Locutus firewalls. Practically, your adversaries are 6 of them and you cannot progress, even if you refresh, most likely 4 or 5 are still encountered and they are undefeatable by players that were not lucky enough to get a drop of them.
Gauntley crew just does not drop in a normal manner, period. Many players that only finished top 10 or with 30+ streaks did not get any. For them, gauntlet is more and more a no-go.
Personally, I encountered 5 Guinan persistent walls out of last 6 2-day gauntlets.
Fix: award Locutus and Guinan for long term participation.

2. Too much Galaxy
Seriously, what happened to Expedition ? Expedition is the only event type that grants non-veteran players a chance for a gold character.
Galaxy uses the most needed mats. More and more players pass on it.
Fix: Balance events.

3. Fake rewards displayed
This is pretty annoying. On the Dabo wheel, practically, none of my fleet mates with 1+ year of gametime, or any of the friend fleet mates has ever got a drop from the upper row. That's a fake row. Period.
Suggestion: remove that raw.

4. Shuttle probabilities are cheated
No more 'luck' or 'unluck' can be said about this.
Return chances are totally fake. Statistics never matched probabilities. Practically, after a fleet-wide centralization, the displayed 80% is the nearest equivalent of a true 50% prpobability of succes.
That means at 80%, most of the time 2 missions fail out of 4, which is entirely true. Long term statistics confirm that.
Fix: simplify the RNG formula.

5. Low/no credits
The game evolved a lot, the chroniton mass increased, the resources increased but there is no new way to obtain credits. The survival line until recently was the cadet mission awarding credits.
This causes credtis depletion for more and more players.
Fix: Make replication not cost credits since it uses mats/rations anyway. Credit awards should be at least x10 what they are. We get awards of 100 credits while one single good item or replication costs 250000. 10-20k for a Voyage ? Again, a joke.

6. Crew Slots
Total crew number was at a point expanding way faster than one could acquire slots by a monthly card.
Fix: Make an event every 6-months to awards crew slots.

7. Faction center auto-buy
Browsing faction items many times auto-buys items, including dil items.
Fix: Add confirmation dialogue to purchases

8. Gauntlet unfair random
AI wins 9/10 encounters with identical stats. AI wins with identical statis and lower crit because noone crits. AI wins with identical crit and lower stats by crit'ing.
Practically, to have a pretty fair chance of succes you must have double the stats at the same crit or crit advantage if the stats are not double.
AI's crit is better than player's crit.

9. Cube is underpowerd compared to HMS.
Cube damage ability is pretty useless since its synced with the cloak of HMS which practically nullifies it.
Delaying it is useless because by then the Cube is dead due to near1-shot abilities. The 15% HP ability is useless since the Cube hull can be done for in under 2s.
The Cube should have true weapons adaptation, meaning the longer it resists the less damage it thakes. The ability should replace that 15% hull repair and stack-decrease the damage taken each time it is activated.
1st activation should offer permanent damage reduction of 50%, the next one an additional 25%, the next one extra 12% and so forth. This is Cube adaptation, not the useless 15%.

10. Missing crew
Some of my green and blue frozen crew is just missing. I have to re-level-up all of them due to no answers from support.

11. Missing items once constructed
Building certain high level items causes them to be gone after being built.
In the last week I no longer encountered this issue but the built items were different from the ones I used to build 3-4 weeks ago.

12 Game freezing
On android, not restarting the game causes it to freeze and this happens mostly right before events or when sending shuttles or when recalling voyages. It never froze on browsing crew for me.

Less significant:
- 2* engineering booster still has no eng icon
- there are still common icons for multiple items (at least change their base color)

Comments