Home Ready Room
Options

Events Advice

Hey guys,

I'm level 50. I have a pretty solid crew with over 25 five star crew, and 20 or more or fully loaded four star crew. I've figured out the arena, and the gauntlet, and have placed #1 on both. But I always finish reeeeeally far back on the events. What am I doing wrong? With faction missions, I have 4 shuttles, and use boosts to speed up missions, and improve outcomes. With the other types, I have used the supply kits. But I'm always like 10,000th place. I think I must be missing a strategy that everyone else is using. Or maybe everyone else is making it rain dilithium.

Those of you who have placed in he top 100s, can you please let me know what you are doing, or what you think I might be king wrong?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    For faction/shuttle events, I find that it's just about religiously sending out shuttles. As many as possible. I use some speed boosts when I need to send more shuttles, but I've never used dilithium to speed up shuttles. I often place in top 1000 when I try. That said, I have more like 75 "fully loaded four star crew," so that might make a bit of a difference.
    Don't discount unfused variants of event crew if you don't have any fused. My 1/4 Civil War Worf doesn't do anything except shuttles during events where Worf is featured crew, but he's very useful when that occurs.

For galaxy events, this past weekend was the first I've tried very hard, and the only reason I did as well as I did was because I spent days before the event farming likely components. I don't think it would be possible for me to place very high in a galaxy event without pre-farming, and I'm not sure I could do it every time even if I wanted to just because of the amount of time/energy/preparation it took.
  • Options
    Hoard resources, and pick your spots. For faction events; for me that means 3* time boosters (the time-reducing kind). Spam those until the success percentages are too low for your level of comfort. Also it's a good idea to buy event packs for faction events. Since you can freely spend chronotons you can grab+level up the threshold reward character during the event.

You need a lot of chronitons to compete in galaxy events. Two weeks ago I finished 13th in the hybrid event by having around 8k chrons saved up (and supply kits of course). You just kind of have to guess which events are going to be popular, and which aren't going to be popular. For a galaxy only event I'd guess you'll need more than 8k, especially for popular events.
  • Options
    Awesome ideas, thanks. Skizzy, how did you know what components to farm?
  • Options
    By checking out this spreadsheet. It's in a thread a few threads down from this one called "Galaxy Events Mission Cost Spreadsheet." Some stuff I already had stockpiled, so it's going to depend a bit on that as well. Also, I stopped building anything for my crew about a week ahead of the event.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KiRTr3ri6BQBIdOVgKbckqA2iQu_hgWoIS3pPYLmDog/edit#gid=1375355394